Signal subscribing problem

Hello,

I have subscribed to a Signal.

The subscription has replicated onto my system ALL open positions of the signal provider.

This is something very BAD to my opinion.

So, here comes my question:

HOW do I configure Signal Subscription in order to be allowed to close some of the positions myself, and make sure they do not get RE-OPENED automatically

Thanks in advance

Dan

It is not recommended to close the position by yourself. All the position should be managed from the signal provide side.

By the way - you can disable the subscription on your side without unsubscribing:

------------

How can I can disable a copy trade signal on my Meta trader in my VPS without unsubscribing
https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/189920#comment_4866319  

It is not advisable to begin copying a signal with open positions - wait for the signal to close all positions and then synchronize with it
https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/212246#comment_5526080

------------

- and after that - close the positions you want, and wait when the signal provide will close all his open position, and enable the subscription once again.

DISABLING MY COPY TRADE
DISABLING MY COPY TRADE
  • www.mql5.com
Please, How can I can disable a copy trade signal on my Meta trader in my VPS without unsubscribing. Thanks...

Dan Moldovan:

Hello,

This is something very BAD to my opinion.

Dan

It' is exactly what is suppose to happen.

Maybe you do not understand the concept of signals.

I forgot to mention that I am using MetaTrader 4

Marco vd Heijden:

It' is exactly what is suppose to happen.

Maybe you do not understand the concept of signals.

1. I am not using a VPS. I have a computer that is always on. - Is that a problem ?

2. What I want signaling to do  is:  to replicate all NEW signal from the provider's side

Any help is greatly appreciated

Dan

Dan Moldovan:

1. I am not using a VPS. I have a computer that is always on. - Is that a problem ?

2. What I want signaling to do  is:  to replicate all NEW signal from the provider's side

Any help is greatly appreciated

Dan

First you should start copying the signal at a point that there are no open positions.

So, wait for such a time and then start your subscription.

Using a VPS is a must, because you will avoid power and internet failure problems.

You can never be sure that your computer and your home internet will always be on.

Also you will have a much better ping (connection speed) through a VPS.

Eleni Anna Branou:

First you should start copying the signal at a point that there are no open positions.

So, wait for such a time and then start your subscription.

Using a VPS is a must, because you will avoid power and internet failure problems.

You can never be sure that your computer and your home internet will always be on.

Also you will have a much better ping (connection speed) through a VPS.

Thanks a lot

One more question:

Is there a way to close some of the subscribed transactions AND make sure that they will NOT be re-opened ?

Dan

Dan Moldovan:

Thanks a lot

One more question:

Is there a way to close some of the subscribed transactions AND make sure that they will NOT be re-opened ?

Dan

No, as long as you keep your account synchronized with the signal provider all the active positions will keep re-opening if you close them manually.

That's the whole idea of subscribing to a signal. If you think that you can do a better job than the signal provider, what is the point of subscribing in the first place?

Eleni Anna Branou:

No, as long as you keep your account synchronized with the signal provider all the active positions will keep re-opening if you close them manually.

That's the whole idea of subscribing to a signal. If you think that you can do a better job than the signal provider, what is the point of subscribing in the first place?

OK, Thank you very much for clarifying this

I have tried a couple of different signals and consistently run into the following problem.

1.) Although the copy SL and TP box are checked under options they don't appear on the chart and the SL/TP levels in the trading terminal read 0.0000 each.  That's a little unnerving, how do I fix that?

2.)I am using an OANDA U.S broker and when the signal places an order I start to receive about 100 FIFO violation messages.  How can I disable this feature?

Thanks in advance to the community for any assistance, I have written the creators of the signals with little response and I open to suggestions for a different signal if anyone has one.  Have a good one!!

Reason: