10points 3.mq4 - page 163

Well, seems like 10point3 is getting interesting... hedging mode still going strong.

Files:
hedge_1.gif  6 kb
hedge_1.htm  83 kb

News

Trader83:
Hi, John! Do you stop trading on your Combo account during main news like the ones which come tomorrow and aftertomorrow (NFP)?

Yes I will stop trading the Combo during the most important news announcements. NFP FOMC GDP/PMI seem to be the most volatile.

Most news announcements can help 10p3 with spikes and retractions but anything major is better avoided.

I will be away from my PC for the NFP but have left all my platforms running and have downloaded the Broker's MetaTrader platform on to a U3 zip drive and copied my password and account number so I am hoping to be able to access Combo remotely to close down for the NFP.

I have also put my V12 accounts to Agressive False to avoid trading the NFP.

John

davidke20:
Well, seems like 10point3 is getting interesting... hedging mode still going strong.

Those are some good results. Whats the max drawdown you have seen or float and what's max Margin used you have seen on that hedging mode on 1 pair? just wondering

KillerKhan:
Those are some good results. Whats the max drawdown you have seen or float and what's max Margin used you have seen on that hedging mode on 1 pair? just wondering

Sorry I cant answer your question. Never look at it since it started testing. Seriously, I'm no good in testing and lack of patience, that is why I gathered everybody to start testing my EA. Normally after developement of an EA, I'll put it on demo for a month or two. If it turn up profitable, then I start live trading it.

Regards,

David

Ah I see. You can probably put some kind of print or export to file routine in the EA to gather this historical data over the month of two of your testing so you can better understand how much equity or initial balance is needed to trade the EA comfortably.

davidke20:
Well, I did started with 5 bucks cost average. As the account growing day by day, I started to increase it. 5 , 10, 20, 35, 60, 90 ... now 200

Regards,

David

sorry but why did you raise it from 5 all the way to 200? What does Secureprofit do or means?

Thanks

davidke20:
Previous opened positions listed below

IBFX as example

if SecureProfit=2

0.10 -39pips -3.90

0.20 -21pips -4.20

0.40 -3pips -1.20

0.80 +15pips +12.00

Grandtotal = +2.70

close all position prior reaching take profit point. hope this help.

Regards,

David

There you go.

Regards,

David

p/s: as my lot size keep increasing, I increase my secure profit as well.

David, I don't understand what you're trying to say with this example of secure profit. Can you or someone else explain in a little more detail? Thx.

davidke20:
There you go.

Regards,

David

p/s: as my lot size keep increasing, I increase my secure profit as well.

mrtools:
New 10 point 3 E.A. attached ps)this by no means is a final for this, any ideas for improvement are welcome.

I've got this on demo, at the moment. This is the current picture. Seems to be heading for a big loss. There doesn't seem to be anything to stop it.

The spacing between trades seems to be extraordinarily tight.

10 point Ranger

Hi Ray,

The spacing is controlled by the divisor number the lower the number the greater the spacing, I was headed for a big loss also until my server went haywire, but like I said this is just in early stages and please dont try on a live account, want to try on demo just to see how it performs and so far not performing even close to backtest.If I was to guess you probably have the divisor set to default setting 10, which will give very close pipstep.

Hope this helps

tools

Reason: