10points 3.mq4 - page 303

I already posted about this EA (MyScalper) in newdigitals thread - 'Traders Joking...' - it is NOT profitable when traded realtime so there is really no point posting another loser. What I would really like to find out is WHY there is such a difference between backtests and forward tests...

I get very similar results to the picture you just posted - depressing

By the way, your english is very good, no problem at all understanding you.

mrv:
Sorry to say, but it was all trends. Maybe a couple of them were inspired by news, like this eur rally after bad nfp, but all the rest were slow and steady moves i one direction, sometimes taking even 2 days to complete. 15p pipstep probably is too agressive, but it made +50% in the first 1.5 months, so things were green for some time.

On the contrary! I am very happy to hear it was all trends: it goes with my theory!

--Id--:
On the contrary! I am very happy to hear it was all trends: it goes with my theory!

I like this ea, its preety good to me when I tried it in demo account..

but I am not sure to use it in live account yet..

bellefemme:
I like this ea, its preety good to me when I tried it in demo account.. but I am not sure to use it in live account yet..

That is the problem.. martingale on live account

testing

unable to sleep last night so have read all your links and learnt how to programme in the meta editor language.. back tested quite a large number of variations for 10 point 3 and start forward testing in the morning.. Just had to say thanks to all who contributed am a position trader and am quite keen to automate many tasks so i can return to day trading.

About v12

David I want to test version v12 too. But I can't find from where to download it. Can you help me?

Dear All,

Been away from Cost Averaging/Martingale for awhile. I'm back with a minor mod of 10point3. Most of the important element of 10point3 are remain, only a few improvement on the money management, bail out on the wrong side are made. Here is the backtest and the EA. Below also listed the set of my backtest. Feel free to test it. Please feed back for improvement.

Magic=772188

TakeProfit=10 take profit point of every positions

Lots=0.01 fix lot size when money management not in use

InitialStop=160 stop loss point from the last progression

TrailingStop=0 trailing stop

MaxTrades=10 maximum stack orders

Multiplier=3 multiply factor on double down

Pips=5 interval of stack orders

OrderstoProtect=4 when stack order reach this figure, activate cost averaging close with equity instead of TP

Money_management=true activate this for auto money management

AccountType=1 set 0 for broker who only allow 0.10 lot, 1 for broker allowed 0.01 lot , and 2 for InterbankFX's NANO account 1cent/pip

risk=1 Percentage to be risk on the 1st trade

ReverseSignal=false invert the indicator, buy signal do sell, sell signal do buy

Fast_EMA=12 MACD fast period

Slow_EMA=26 MACD slow period

Signal_SMA=9 MACD signal

Shift=1 Indicator look back (1 means trade after 1 bar confirmation of signal)

TradingRange=0 Range of MACD to avoid false signal, the higher the more conservative

UseTimeFilter=true

StopTrade=13 Stop trading at this hour on server time

StartTrade=18 Restart trading at this hour on server time

Regards

David

Files:
10p3v0.01.mq4  11 kb
10p3v0.01.gif  7 kb
10p3v0.01.zip  77 kb
10p3.set  2 kb

davidke20:
Dear All,

Been away from Cost Averaging/Martingale for awhile. I'm back with a minor mod of 10point3. Most of the important element of 10point3 are remain, only a few improvement on the money management, bail out on the wrong side are made. Here is the backtest and the EA. Below also listed the set of my backtest. Feel free to test it. Please feed back for improvement.

Magic=772188

TakeProfit=10 take profit point of every positions

Lots=0.01 fix lot size when money management not in use

InitialStop=160 stop loss point from the last progression

TrailingStop=0 trailing stop

MaxTrades=10 maximum stack orders

Multiplier=3 multiply factor on double down

Pips=5 interval of stack orders

OrderstoProtect=4 when stack order reach this figure, activate cost averaging close with equity instead of TP

Money_management=true activate this for auto money management

AccountType=1 set 0 for broker who only allow 0.10 lot, 1 for broker allowed 0.01 lot , and 2 for InterbankFX's NANO account 1cent/pip

risk=1 Percentage to be risk on the 1st trade

ReverseSignal=false invert the indicator, buy signal do sell, sell signal do buy

Fast_EMA=12 MACD fast period

Slow_EMA=26 MACD slow period

Signal_SMA=9 MACD signal

Shift=1 Indicator look back (1 means trade after 1 bar confirmation of signal)

TradingRange=0 Range of MACD to avoid false signal, the higher the more conservative

UseTimeFilter=true

StopTrade=13 Stop trading at this hour on server time

StartTrade=18 Restart trading at this hour on server time

Regards

David

Thanks for the work David, I am curious what pair you did this particular backtest on? eur/gbp?

edit: I read the attachment, I should ask such remedial questions :P Euro/usd it is.

Thanks David. I'll try that new version.

Thierry

thierrybl:
Thanks David. I'll try that new version. Thierry

Thanks Thierry, nice to see you again.

Regards

David

Reason: