10points 3.mq4 - page 307

Sam,

Since you're new to this system, I'll share with you again on how to optimize the performance.

1) By changing the Multiplier on the system from 3 to 2 will lower down the lot size, so it will allow you to stay in the trade a little longer, but less profitable.

2) OrderstoProtect is the risk modal you wish to use. I have it default as 4 and I dont know what works best. The smaller this number is, the smoother your equity curve is.

3) The InitialStop in the system means the stop loss will place at the end of the progression. Say if you have 10 trades in a row of 5pips interval. It will become 5pipx 10trade =50pips + 160InitialStop by default. Your stop loss will be 210pips in from the 1st order you place.

Hope this help.

Regards

David

I quickly ran through another test with different setup. Less profitable but lower risk approach. Multiplier=2, OrderstoProtect=2.

Regards

David

Thank you for the explanations about the system.

I tested again by the default of the new version (0.02), and still in June 13 2007 the account was blown.

See attached pls.

sam123:
Thank you for the explanations about the system.

I tested again by the default of the new version (0.02), and still in June 13 2007 the account was blown.

See attached pls.

Change your Multiplier=2 and OrderstoProtect=2 see whether it works correctly? This system needs every criteria fits the broker to work. Alpari should be 1:100 leverage aike? I guess that makes the problem though.

Regards

David

My leverage is 1:100, you are correct. What is yours?

I had 1 good test. See attached.

I also realized that when risk is 0.5 I lose, and when risk is 1 it's OK.

One more issue:

Alpari's clock is different than Interbank. Alpari's time is 1 hour earlier.

When Alpari's 10:45 - Interbank's 09:45. So the test i attach is without TimeFilter (False).

10p3

I have never bothered with back testing, I am happy to leave that for others. I have however forward tested this EA from the time David posted it and have reported a couple of times previously.

The current detailed statement is attached. One has to be aware that this was tested on an IBFX mini account which started at at $78 and now since the 27th November has increased to $87 an increase of around 12%.

It is easy to look at an increase of $9 and miss out on the fact that it represents 900 pips at 1c per pip and if the account was standard would represent a $90 increase.

I have not looked at the more recent EA postings by David being under the opinion that "if it ain't broke, don't fix it." The original version is still working fine and if it has handled a small account like this it must be very safe.

John

Files:
10p3b.htm  56 kb
10p3b.gif  6 kb

yeoeleven:
I have never bothered with back testing, I am happy to leave that for others. I have however forward tested this EA from the time David posted it and have reported a couple of times previously.

The current detailed statement is attached. One has to be aware that this was tested on an IBFX mini account which started at at $78 and now since the 27th November has increased to $87 an increase of around 12%.

It is easy to look at an increase of $9 and miss out on the fact that it represents 900 pips at 1c per pip and if the account was standard would represent a $90 increase.

I have not looked at the more recent EA postings by David being under the opinion that "if it ain't broke, don't fix it." The original version is still working fine and if it has handled a small account like this it must be very safe.

John

John,

There is a bug that I forgotton to change the Risk to Double. I was using Integer instead of fractal. The risk can only set to minimum 1%, therefore I make another version and named it after v0.02 to avoid confusion. Besides, the Account size you're holding is only lucky survival. It wouldn't have enough margin to cover the losses when market turned the other way round. So, if your demo account get up to 200 dollars balance, that would be a miracle, and the EA could have function well for a very long time to see some good retun in the near future. All we can do now is hope and pray that NFP will not trigger another lossing trade for this EA.

Regards

David

sam123:
My leverage is 1:100, you are correct. What is yours?

I had 1 good test. See attached.

I also realized that when risk is 0.5 I lose, and when risk is 1 it's OK.

One more issue:

Alpari's clock is different than Interbank. Alpari's time is 1 hour earlier.

When Alpari's 10:45 - Interbank's 09:45. So the test i attach is without TimeFilter (False).

The time filter was meant for stay away from the New York session, and EA would continue trading after London close. Thats the purpose I originally coded it on the platform. Meanwhile, the higher your leverage, the more profitable/stable this EA is. But I like the way you dig to the vibe. Actually by testing it under a low leverage situation would really test the limit of this little critten. I certainly dont know what makes the best for Alpari. And its good that you found out something suitable for you. Always remember to continue backtest this EA every week. Its a need to revise the Pips variable. Because when market sentimen changed, we can never expect a 5pips interval to survive anymore.

Anyway, if you would pick up the initiative to help me demo testing it on Alpari, I would deeply appreciate that. Cheers.

Regards

David

Can you please do a test on the EURUSD 1H beginning at NOV 10th ~ today?

Pls post your results.

Thanks

Sam123

One more question (addition to the previous post which wasnt answered yet):

How can I determine the size of the lot of the first (initial) trade?

In my demo account (which has big balance) it opened 0.25 lot while the input is 0.01 Lot.

Reason: