Where did the "STI" thread move - page 3

Default settings

image3022:
Hi fx-hedger I am using STI v3.1, i think it was the latest version before they moved, how is your testing going?, what settings are you using?

Hello! image3022,

I'm just using default settings with 1 lot instead of 0.1 . I'm live testing on USD/JPY, USD/CHF, GBP/USD, EUR/AUD, USD/CAD and EUR/USD. It's dong alright till now. only one loss on USD/CAD. 5 winning trades. 5 more trades floating.

My back tester sucks and does not test on the entire history. I don't know how to fix that.

I am not a programmer. But if we have one among us, I think understanding the logic and the Indicator called MAGICMA will help.

We can start our own project.

I think the EA performs best when left running all the time, I have noticed when I shut down for a while and start up again a few hours later it will generally initiate a trade straight away if not already still in a trade, and it has been these trades that have been losses. I am now testing at tp 6 sl 30 and will try to keep it running as long as possible. It seems to work best in choppy markets rather than trending.

What settings are others using and what sort of results have you had.

FX-Hedger:

I am not a programmer. But if we have one among us, I think understanding the logic and the Indicator called MAGICMA will help.

We can start our own project.

Hi,

please send me the "Indicator called MAGICMA"!

No, only joking!

"MAGICMA" is not a indicator in this instance - It is a variable in the EA and many other MT4 EAs which assigns a certain number to a trade. This number lets the EA identify trades which it has placed, so that it can manage them trades only, instead of say, another trade made by another EA on the same account.

I hope this helps

treberk:
Hi,

please send me the "Indicator called MAGICMA"!

No, only joking!

"MAGICMA" is not a indicator in this instance - It is a variable in the EA and many other MT4 EAs which assigns a certain number to a trade. This number lets the EA identify trades which it has placed, so that it can manage them trades only, instead of say, another trade made by another EA on the same account.

I hope this helps

That was quite embracing! Well I learned something new.

I'm just going to keep my mouth shut form now.

FX-Hedger:
That was quite embracing! Well I learned something new. I'm just going to keep my mouth shut form now.

Hi, please don't be embarrased, if we don't ask questions how will we ever learn?

In my learning, I have asked some dumb questions on other forums too!

All I can say is that at least you are trying to put some input in, rather than sitting on the sideline and expecting others to do all the work for you - keep up the good work.

I have looked back over the losing trades for the past week and using the cci indicator for entry, and only enter when it is between 100 and -100 seems to eliminate most of the losing trades and only effects a couple of the winning trades. Using this EA at a setting of SL 30 TP 6, one losing trade wipes out five winning trades. Mabye someone could add the cci indicator to the EA to see what happens ( I'm not a very good programer and the EA is not in english.)

are we permitted to post modified versions of this ea?

Nicholishen:
are we permitted to post modified versions of this ea?

Send pm to manager (his nick is manager).

May be manager changed his opinion already.

Here are the results from the latest version. I am running multiple settings to see which yield the best results.

Admin- Let me know if you would like to receive a copy of my version for testing in the elite...

Nicholison,

it looks per system 15 pip today.

we want to know about setting for each sytem so we can understand which setting is more profitable.

Reason: