Great EA in backtest! - page 102

kenari05:
do you guys know what broker has contest for EA trading? i mean demo

Yea, ive seen a few, but enrollment has closed already... Sorry man, maybe the beginning of 2007 you could get in some contests

heres the trades today from the 2pm est news

7 trades 5 winners.

each loss was 18 pips

total wins was 38 pips so thats 3 pips profit.the s/l is suppost to be 15 but its taking 18 on a 2 pip spread.

I am lowering s/l to 12 now

18 per loss and 6-8 on a win isn't good enough

Files:

this would have been a great day today, but i am such an idiot and forgot to block the 1800 hour GMT.

7 trades on the $JPY within one hour, 4 wins, 3 losses, total loss = -16 pips

the day ain't over yet, there's still time to make it back.

AZBOfin

AZBOfin:
this would have been a great day today, but i am such an idiot and forgot to block the 1800 hour GMT.

7 trades on the $JPY within one hour, 4 wins, 3 losses, total loss = -16 pips

the day ain't over yet, there's still time to make it back.

AZBOfin

I left it unblocked on purpose to see how it would do.

some reason its setting s/l as if I had a 3 pip spread.

I lowered it to 11 and still get 70% + on back tests.

so now I'll get to keep 4 more pips per loss that would have been 8 less loss for today and total for 12 pips would have been end result. Thats a little better. remember this ea stacks lots. On a 10k account with 5 lots per trade that would have been 700$. thats how I am looking at it.

500$ mini and .3 lots 36$ that would have been 7.2% return on 500$ if I was running with .7 risk and auto lots=true.

not bad at all

xxDavidxSxx:
so now I'll get to keep 4 more pips per loss that would have been 8 less loss for today and total for 12 pips would have been end result. Thats a little better. remember this ea stacks lots. On a 10k account with 5 lots per trade that would have been 700$. thats how I am looking at it.

yeah, you're right. i reduced the SL a while back to 11 pips. when i saw that an average winning trade makes be around 8 pips i didn't see a point of having a 15 pip SL (plus the spread). a ratio that didn't make sense to me. with an 11 pips SL plus spread i am better off in the long run, i guess. again, only time will tell.

i am thinking about opening a second live account, but this time with FXDD. this way i have a good comparison between IBFX and FXDD. those demo's drive me nuts. i am getting great results on the demos but in real life the story is told differently.

AZBOfin

Last 24 hrs 6 win 1 loss with 0.2 fixed lot. A good run, IBFX live mini account no adjustment to the stop loss.

sorry mr

xxDavidxSxx:
he said "daves settings"...I posted my version with my settings allover the place half a dozen times

edit: sory to be so blunt ..but one of the things bothers me in this thread is peoples lack of reading back on the previous pages and doing there own learning.

timeframe, settings, and versions are all explained over and over. And posted over and over.

sorry dear,

first: i am not one of the people that not trying to learn and want any thing without any efforts

second:this is my first request in this thread. i did not expect that u can give me this reply as we all in this forums are friends and each one gives what he can give

so

i wont ask any thing again

and thanks for your efforts

sourour:
sorry dear,

first: i am not one of the people that not trying to learn and want any thing without any efforts

second:this is my first request in this thread. i did not expect that u can give me this reply as we all in this forums are friends and each one gives what he can give

so

i wont ask any thing again

and thanks for your efforts

Oh come on "dear" all he said is quit being lazy and READ before ask you questions... Its the least you could do! If most people would just read, and then if they can't find the answer, ask... these forums would be alot better and not filled with 'unnecessary' posts

Thanks Dear

YupYup:
Oh come on "dear" all he said is quit being lazy and READ before ask you questions... Its the least you could do! If most people would just read, and then if they can't find the answer, ask... these forums would be alot better and not filled with 'unnecessary' posts

thanks v much dear

i UNDERSTAND your comment

i will be more carfule

take care

No problem and sorry to sound like an ass...

Reason: