EA working as expected in Strategy Tester but not in Real Market? - page 2

Arav007:

Anyway, it's the Local New Year here. So I couldn't have a deeper look into everything.

It's new year here as well, so maybe you are also in Thailand or somewhere near. The noise from the celebrations can make it difficult to concentrate.

Arav007:

Hello,

I'm agree that we should come up with ideas and help one other to make a better trading community.

I'm always there for that.

Anyway, it's the Local New Year here. So I couldn't have a deeper look into everything. Though ran the

updated EA for a while and got a problem. Couldn't analyze it for time so posting the screenshots.

It has opened 4 trades at a time in EURUSD! So it would probably open 4 Buy orders too at time.

And while opening New Buy Orders, it's not closed an existing Sell Order! There was an error:6.

Please have a look. Hopefully I'd be able to come with a decent report by tomorrow.

Regards

Hi,

Thanks for feedback. I checked the documentation for error 6 and it says :

ERR_NO_CONNECTION6No connection with trade server.

Not sure right now why you got that error.

I'll look into how it opens the orders again and get back to you.

thrdel:

Hi,

Thanks for feedback. I checked the documentation for error 6 and it says :

ERR_NO_CONNECTION6No connection with trade server.

Not sure right now why you got that error.

I'll look into how it opens the orders again and get back to you.

Hello,

Not sure how the connection error occurred as other Buy orders got opened. Although, that trade had to be closed on the next run when it got buy conditions.

And again another problem occurred. It's supposed to open 'Single' order but opened Two orders. Actually intended to open 'Three' orders but failed with '0' Error.

Your kind opinion is highly expected.

Regards

GumRai:
It's new year here as well, so maybe you are also in Thailand or somewhere near. The noise from the celebrations can make it difficult to concentrate.

Hello,

No I'm not from Thailand though from South Asia. I'm from Bangladesh.

No, the noise didn't disturb. I was busy as it's New Year.

Arav007:

Hello,

Not sure how the connection error occurred as other Buy orders got opened. Although, that trade had to be closed on the next run when it got buy conditions.

And again another problem occurred. It's supposed to open 'Single' order but opened Two orders. Actually intended to open 'Three' orders but failed with '0' Error.

Regards

I'm still looking into it. I need to make sure that the EA updates the number of trades open when it has to and look into some of the other functions as well.

Almost done.

I will post the modified code for you to test again and make sure the trades are open correctly before we do any optimizations at all.

One step at the time, right ?

Almost there.

Arav007:

Hello,

Regards

Test it an see if you get any more errors and if it places the orders properly .

A couple of things to remember, this is an EMA based EA and should do well in trending markets.

Any question about the code, ask. I will explain why I believe it's better that way.

Again, I run a test on AUDUSD M30 from 1-st of July 2013 with the settings in the EA and it gave some results.

Have a look.

Cheers

Files:
Reason: