10points 3.mq4 - page 230

MegaLeads:
Why "bug" Dave? First off - it is not bugging - it is participating in creating a fantastic EA that can work very diverse market conditions while removing the constant decision making from the process.

I am a successfully stock trader... but guess what - I want my life back.. Nobody serious about developing EAs are looking for a god in a machine... we looking to improve on a process that currently requires us to as you say... sit there and trade manually.

I have yet to hear anyone here blame anyone for anything.. are you looking to blame someone for something?

We are tweaking a system...

It is an art - may be you wouldn't get it...

Megaleads, I'm not blaming anyone on anything. There are people like you, dave, new digital and others, who are really doing something. And a whole crowd of others, who just jump from ea to ea hoping for some luck, ask for every ea and never input any efforts themselves. Both and all other approaches are ok as long as they don't hurt anyone, but one has a future, another does not.

BTW my first post wasn't intented for you and other testing / working guys, full respect and good luck to you.

mrv:
Megaleads, I'm not blaming anyone on anything. There are people like you, Dave, new digital and others, who are really doing something. And a whole crowd of others, who just jump from ea to ea hoping for some luck, ask for every ea and never input any efforts themselves. Both and all other approaches are OK as long as they don't hurt anyone, but one has a future, another does not. BTW my first post wasn't intented for you and other testing / working guys, full respect and good luck to you.

MRV - It is good to see the perspective of your post. I thoroughly enjoy it when people view a situation from an entirely different angle and ask questions that need to be asked. Real progress is only made by first asking the questions that have not yet been asked and suggest solutions that have yet to be contemplated.

There can be no doubt that there are hundreds of "mooches" out there... See definition below:

moocher: someone who mooches or cadges (tries to get something free)

ask for and get free; be a parasite Source: wordnet.princeton.edu/perl/webwn

Laziness is the lack of desire to act or to work, to stretch one's forces; tendency to rest, to do nothing. en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mooch

MOOCH WARNING: if you do not read the entire thread - yes at this point it is 230 pages of data consisting of almost 2300 posts and attempt to Plug and Play an EA you will most likely suffer irreparable damage to your account.

In essence, when you use an EA to trade your account you are handing over the keys to your cash to a set of computer instructions. Be forewarned! If you do not know the very nature of this tool it is the same thing as lighting your cash on fire. I think that type of thinking falls into the category that is talked about in an ancient proverb which states that "a fool and his money will soon be parted."

Do not come here to get an ea to be rich... that is foolish thinking.

Come here and FIRST READ THE ENTIRE THREAD, only then can your contribution be valuable and respectful of what work has already been accomplished. Only then will you have an idea of the EA that is being developed. YES - it will take you days to read, and may be weeks to test the EAs that have been posted along the way... but the investment of your time will greatly reward your knowledge of the trading system, its risks and potential rewards... It will prepare you to be able to harness the tools to do your bidding... not some magic black box.

THEREFORE - to any uninformed passersby- do not come and just ask for an EA - we all would be doing you the disservice of giving it to you uninformed. Read, Learn and then grow in your trading knowledge. This is why Dave will not just give an EA to just anyone! Dave is a very good person and would not endanger you with a trading system that you have built up in your head to be a miracle charm... Dave cares enough to withhold the 10,000 HP engine from the uninformed who want to get rich quick in their ignorance.

davidke20:
What move? Where? What time? Did you guys think of volume? Did you check the ATR is getting lower and lower? Why still trading if the market is ready to breakout?

Give me a few days sort things out, and get you guys ready on a new way to start testing my system. You'll see thing entirely different on martingale. I wanted to say good bye sooooo many times, but I just cant resist to share things with you guys.

Regards

David

I David,

Don't say good bye, it would be "dommage" for this thread and for a lot of us which have so much to learn for persons sharing like you !

Looking at your statement, it seems that you've improved a lot the system by adding indicators to decide if it is judicious to take an order or not and using TS to follow the market.

Seems to work pretty well not letting orders add onto the wrong side of the market.

It's clear you worked hard and spent a lot of time to write RB26DETT !

Keep going

Thierry

Sorry, I've been away to costa rica on vacation and just returned to see your very negative post to me. I don't think it is very nice of you to talk to me that way for simply pointing out a truth. I did not call you or anyone any names. I spent a week respectfully reading and studying this thread and that's the truth and when I got to the thread where you say, "we need lots and lots of people to test this thing", I was only about 3 days late when I read it.. anyway it doesn't matter I am now testing a different promising EA.

You don't have to be filled to the brim with garbage when you speak with other people. You can simply say, no thanks, sorry you didn't make it or whatever besides, Everyone knows anytime someone points a finger at someone else calling them "bastard" 2 fingers and a thumb ALYWAYS point back to the problem. (thats you in case you didn't get it)

Have a nice day and thanks for the opportunity.

N2

davidke20:
Mate, do you see grandpa and I posting everywhere? The answer is, NO. We've full compliance of playing with martingale. We contribute to 10point3 of our time, skills, hardware, and also electricity bill. I seriously hope that you dont turn up to become one of those bastards wanting to take advantages only. They dont know how to test, they dont know what is the meaning of the variables, and they dont even know why their account broken where mine and grandpa's doing fine. They just keep blaming WE share the different EA with them. Too bad, I really dont know how to help these poor people out anymore. All these days I've been giving out all my best works, where people screw them upside down, then come and blame me share rubbish.

Regards

David

Need2bFree:
Sorry, I've been away to costa rica on vacation and just returned to see your very negative post to me. I don't think it is very nice of you to talk to me that way for simply pointing out a truth. I did not call you or anyone any names. I spent a week respectfully reading and studying this thread and that's the truth and when I got to the thread where you say, "we need lots and lots of people to test this thing", I was only about 3 days late when I read it.. anyway it doesn't matter I am now testing a different promising EA.

You don't have to be filled to the brim with garbage when you speak with other people. You can simply say, no thanks, sorry you didn't make it or whatever besides, Everyone knows anytime someone points a finger at someone else calling them "bastard" 2 fingers and a thumb ALYWAYS point back to the problem. (thats you in case you didn't get it)

Have a nice day and thanks for the opportunity.

N2

I think I seriously need to brush up my English... you got me wrong. You're in the list. I know you're not around, I've save you a seat. The post mean, please do not teach other to start reading post from the last page. That is all and mean no harm. So, cheer up. Let me finish my work, and we start the party.

Regards

David

Guys,

I think I found a good complimentary system for 10point3 (2 EAs I had made, well its actually 1 but you'll see).

I know I don't have many posts here but I don't really care. What I need is a couple of respected members (no newbies, sorry) to test this idea together. I will send all EAs and .set files to the participants.

Eventually I will make it public, if it works that is.

Thanks and good luck all.

P.S.1: Again this is a test system, success is 100% not guarantied.

P.S.2: Everyone not interested please don't bother replying, there are plenty other posts to spend your time on. Thank you.

KillerKhan:
Also big electric bill

Tell me about it!

MegaLeads:
Actually you should be able to run 20 to 30 instances of MT4 on EACH computer. The trick is to install each to it's own folder. It works best when you have a separate hard drive dedicated to your MT4 Programs.

When you do this you are able to forward test EAs against real data AND on different brokers. I usually forward test on IBFX, MIG, FXDD and Crown. Another benefit of doing it this way is Journaling your platform and broker specific results... all brokers are not created equal and this will point that out

For example MIG is almost always 1 pip lower for EURUSD than IBFX... no matter when you look at it... even though they both have a 2 pip spread.

NOTE OF CAUTION - when you want to get rid of a bad EA just delete the folder that you are running it out of - if you actually remove the program from the control panel you could kill all instances of MT4 installed from that broker.

Yes, I've already got 27 running on one computer. It's just that I'm concerned that the computer might be creaking under the strain. Anyway, I find it confusing what's running on what. I've changed the icons, so that I have numbered instances of MT4 on my taskbar (and a red icon for the real account), but it's still confusing. I wish I had a way of showing, on the titlebar (and hence on the taskbar) what's running. I have to keep returning to my desktop, where I've renamed each instance to reflect what's running. I just think a number of PCs would be easier to organise.

Regards,

Ray

Yes, I've already got 27 running on one computer. It's just that I'm concerned that the computer might be creaking under the strain. Anyway, I find it confusing what's running on what. I've changed the icons, so that I have numbered instances of MT4 on my taskbar (and a red icon for the real account), but it's still confusing. I wish I had a way of showing, on the titlebar (and hence on the taskbar) what's running. I have to keep returning to my desktop, where I've renamed each instance to reflect what's running. I just think a number of PCs would be easier to organise.

Regards,

Ray

I will like to know how you did it, I was unable to start more than 19 instances on one PC , at least under Windows XP.

Do you use another operating system ?

project1972:
I will like to know how you did it, I was unable to start more than 19 instances on one PC , at least under Windows XP. Do you use another operating system ?

Why? Better buying next PC

Reason: