10points 3.mq4 - page 227

davidke20:

Alex, thanks for the peace of mind, I get what you mean, I can see the reputation level from the green color buttons on the right corner every of your post. The code is currently holding by few of my member, which they have the great coding skill then me. All I need is better idea to code it in. And I'm still delivering what I promised, this is my second recruitment on the new release EA, now seems like I'm an asshole for not releasing the code.

To object against what you're trying to tell me at the above bold statement, I guess I'll be better to become one of the consumer rather than contributor. Because open forum oftenly doing good to all the members, everybody is sitting back and wait for the finalyze version, that is why until today we still dont have any finalyze version. By the way, why nobody is chasing Bluto to give you guys a EX4 to test? Why nobody is chasing Bluto to throw you guys a bone?

I think there s no need that you justify why you don't want to share your code to everyone. I think your reasons are obvious and I can understand them. I just tried to explain how i decided in many cases.

I know it's hard when you work hard and help other people and then get insulted for it. But keep your head high and don't let you discourage by a few guys. I think most people in this forum can understand your decision and appreciate your work.

Alex

logic

David, your work and sugestion in the forum was apreciated from long time ago and lot a people know you from other threads. Your contributions in forex learning for the newbies and other like me who not posting so frequently but just reading and learn is very apreciate and I will be glad if you share your ideas about what the changes you made in the ea, the logical, maybe this help us. Personaly I try to modify some EA just like a newbie but is not so hard or dificult at one time some year ago I programed first in Pascal then in ASM,C,Visual BAsic, but just like I say I need some IDEEA. We need a shared ideeas not just an EX4 or MQ4.Thanks all contributors of forum. and sorry for my english

flyhigh:
... ...Your contributions in forex learning for the newbies and other like me who not posting so frequently but just reading and learn ... ... sorry for my english

I understand why you're not a regular poster. As long as not a crab poster.

I read almost all the post in TSD

End

David

Barry Dingle:
Well now you see I dont like to be told no so I got the EA from one of your so called loyal legions and Im going to decompile it and post it all over the gosh-darned internet. how do you like them apples? lol. Btw I'm not really expecting it to be so great and I really do expect it will blow up but it's the principle that matters.

LOL... great, go ahead and decompile it. I did like to see how good your decompilation skills are. I can decompile codes, therefor, I made V12 very carefully. Show me something here. LOL. I dont mind you put them up if you did have V12.

Anyway, those who emailed me, I'm filtering out unstandard format and filtering those who are not contributor so far. I'm sorry for them, especially crab poster like the above mentioned people. I'll get the arrangement ready soon. Dont worry, KillerKhan, I have your mail with me, megaleads too. You're in... and a few of them... cant remember all, I'll get the list done soon and will give instruction via email. Previous tester for V12 will remain a few of them who contribute to the development of RB26. The rest of them will be scrap off. Good luck.

David,

I was trying to PM you, but you have exceed you storaged messages

davidke20:
LOL... great, go ahead and decompile it. I did like to see how good your decompilation skills are. I can decompile codes, therefor, I made V12 very carefully. Show me something here. LOL. I dont mind you put them up if you did have V12. Anyway, those who emailed me, I'm filtering out unstandard format and filtering those who are not contributor so far. I'm sorry for them, especially crab poster like the above mentioned people. I'll get the arrangement ready soon. Dont worry, KillerKhan, I have your mail with me, megaleads too. You're in... and a few of them... cant remember all, I'll get the list done soon and will give instruction via email. Previous tester for V12 will remain a few of them who contribute to the development of RB26. The rest of them will be scrap off. Good luck.

Thank you David, looking forward to it

Thank you David!! Looking forward to the process.

I think my Great Grandmother got it right when she used to tell us kids...

"Good better best, never let it rest, till the good is better and the better is best!"

Toccata

So you are referring to a lot size multiplier... OK - interesting - I guess i would need a whole lot of margin in my account in order to wait out the drawdown... Especially at X3 - WOW!

If all you need is 32% wins... then where would you place your stop loss on the loosing trades? OR are you advocating just riding out the storm till your 1 in 3 trades goes the distance?

10 pips will put you into a whole lot of trades (as I unfortunately experienced last week on the unannounced economic news about US and China coming from WashingtonDC) The EURUSD market moved well over 100 pips in one direction, no retracement to speak of... (till over 120 pips i think) That would put you into over 10 positions... and the problem was that the previous scheduled economic news was great for the USD so the EURUSD was in a steady down run - MACD was in a very steady decline - you would have been selling all the way up after the unannounced news.

#1 - How can the mechanics of the 10.3 system be modified so that your stop loss does not kill you?

Max Trade to 4 or 5?

Starting at 0.10 and X3 as a multiplier....

First = .1

Second = .3

Third = .9

Fourth = 2.7 (total of 4.0 lots)

Fifth = 8.1 (total = 12.1 lots)

12.1 lots = over $12,000 USD used in margin (without the trade draw down assuming you are using 1:100 leverage in a standard account) 12.1 lots = $121.00 per pip - Even if you locked the account down to five trades the 120 pip move against the current prevailing MACD is $14,520 USD down...

That is pretty deep pockets... 12K tied up in short positions and another 14K gone from your account due to the drawdown... with IBFX i think you would need 26K X2 = 52K to make this one happen without a margin call or the broker closing positions...

Perhaps I'm missing your suggestion though... Are you advocating using a multiplier of 3 or are you advocating using alternative logic in the EA based on your math?

Backtests - partial?

I've just had a disaster.

I had a plan .... ran in backtest, and it was doing really well. As before, taking it tick by tick for the past year. It was running for two whole days .... only half through ... then POWER CUT !!!!!!!

Lost, everything!

Is there anyway to recover the partial results .. or does it all have to be run again? (if I can remember the settings)

Regards,

Ray.

today's move of USDJPY kills a martingale type of system. Notice how its not 1 big move but gradual slow progression with almost no retrace.

Reason: