Function - Method for sorting an array of structures. Prize 10$ - page 6

Artyom Trishkin:

No commerce?

Capitalism.
He goes to the shop and I understand he gave a fully working code only without tweeks, which in these challenging times is already a lot.

Aleksei Beliakov:
Capitalism.
He goes to the shop and I understand he gave a fully working code only without tweeks, which is already a lot in these challenging times.

That would have been enough. But commercial "lures" have started - like, "you deleted "goodies" - I will not give for free, but what do you want for a thank you", etc.

Although he himself has written about it:

Forum on trading, automated trading systems and trading strategies testing.

Errors, Bugs, Questions

Sergey Dzyublik, 2020.04.22 17:48

If you don't want to be tempted, you'll get in trouble...

All in all, it wasn't pretty, but... Bygones are bygones.

I wrote that I could buy, pay for the labour. Not for nothing...

In general, lately I have become very disappointed in people and colleagues, today you will help, tomorrow they will help you...

Vladimir Pastushak:

Hi all, there is a function written by fxsaber

Works without problems in MT 5, but in MT 4 it complains aboutArraySwap because Mql 4 doesn't support it...

Maybe someone has some variants of universal sorting array structures working in MT 5 and MT 4 ?

I can still offer a reward for the fastest implementation of 10$

For $ 200 may be a hassle, for $ 10 do it yourself.

Too lazy to rack your brains yourself?

Sergey Chalyshev:

For $200 maybe, but for $10 you do it yourself.

Too lazy to rack your brains yourself?

I don't know macros, they don't teach it here.

Isn't $200 enough?

Vladimir Pastushak:

I don't know macros, they don't teach that here.

Isn't $200 small?

Of course $200 isn't enough, that's what I said, "maybe I've got the hang of it".

Ask your customers in the marketplace about macros.

Sergey Chalyshev:

Ask your customers in the market about macros.

Why are you writing this? What do customers have to do with it?

Artyom Trishkin:

That would have been enough. But commercial "lures" began, such as "I removed the "goodies" - I won't give them away for free, but what did you want for a thank you", and so on.
In general, it was not nice, but ... Bygones.

1. There were no enticements.
There are various projects which have taken months of research into this or that mql capability.
In particular, an approach is used which is, shall we say, "semi-legal" and not generally known...

If you want to replicate it and share it with the community, go ahead:
"compile time algorithm to determine type of used arguments and apply faster copying algorithm to simple types and Pod structures".

2. Doesn't it bother you, as a moderator, that users have to build crutches for the standard ArrayCopy function to make it work properly, not only for certain data types?
Maybe the developers should be forced to make the ArrayCopy function work out of the box for all data types, because this functionality has long been implemented in the default assignment operator for the fields of structures?

Sergey Dzyublik:

2. Doesn't it bother you, as a moderator, that users have to build crutches for the standard ArrayCopy function to make it work properly, not only for the selected data types?

Perhaps we should force developers to make the ArrayCopy function work out of the box for all data types, because this functionality has been implemented in the default assignment operator for structure fields long ago?

+1

But there is pride and innovation, Phyton and SQL

Sergey Dzyublik:

1. There were no enticements.
There are various projects that took months of research on this or that mql feature.
In particular, an approach is used, which is, shall we say, "semi-legal" and not generally known...

If you want to replicate it and share it with the community, go ahead:
"compile time algorithm to determine type of used arguments and apply faster copying algorithm to simple types and Pod structures".

2. Doesn't it bother you, as a moderator, that users have to build crutches for the standard ArrayCopy function to make it work properly, not only for certain data types?
Maybe the developers should be forced to make the ArrayCopy function work out of the box for all data types, because this functionality has long been implemented in the default assignment operator for the fields of structures?

No, it doesn't. Moderators have other responsibilities. Unfortunately. It's more about dealing with the filth that some users (not you) are spewing at each other and at this community in general.

If you're doing something useful for everyone (and you're doing it - it's obvious from your debug-posts), then ask the developers to do so-and-so. For example, one user here, who makes as much effort to improve things as you do (but shares his results) sometimes asks for help from developers, which I don't refuse to do.

And you seem to be doing something, but somehow ... "gritting your teeth" or something... You say you've wasted your time, you haven't been given any money... That's why I say - it was not nice. It's better to give what you can, but not to say anything. Offer more in private.

There are many examples of people sharing their experiences here. And they don't say "I've spent time on this and you... you." If they want to give, they give. If they do not want to give, they keep silent.

And people like that are respected.

I'm not complaining. I just showed that it wasn't nice (IMHO unmoderated).

Reason: