10points 3.mq4 - page 168

KillerKhan:
can anyone else post some forward testing results besides davidke20, seems like davidke20 is the only one getting good results. thanks,

I posted some forward testing at the beginning of the week here;

https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/174975/page106

I'm going to post more on Sat when the week is out Seems pretty good so far

mrtools:
Attaching fwd. testing results of V12 ; everything on H1 timeframe eur/usd with default settings, & usd/chf and gbp/usd default except aggresion = false.Testing being done on FXDD demo. tools

Glad to hear from you. Seems like you're testing it differently and running conservatively. Really appreciate your work. I heard you're sick, have you get better?

Regards,

David

FutureMillionaire?:
David,

Obviously I was off to a rocky start with the MM turned on, but since I've reset it, and tried slightly different settings, it's been doing great. I've got it on a $3000 account, TP=20, Lots 0.1, Pips 15 and the balance is now $3200. I've only had this setting running for 3 days.... Not bad. . I shall post a detailed report when I've got a little more to show.

Could you just explain how this differs from the original 10points3 ?

Max trades is set to 10. Does this mean I can expect a huge loser at some point? In order to appreciate its performance, I need to be able to balance the gains against any potential loss.

Regards,

Ray.

Great. The reason for group testing is to find out different type of combination over 1 EA. So far we have gathered some small information about my default setting. Which I think its not applicable to any other broker who offer less than 1:400 leverage.

Your answer about max trade. I've choose to let V12 to work with lower max trade and bail option, because I'm a very experience trader. My dad told me once why our family are poor because he's been hard short the yen way back 1984. (SHORT YEN, not dollar. It means long USDJPY) If you refer to USDJPY during 1984 & 1985, you'll know why. There is no reason why the yen gain sudden strength. Its because they're already strong. External factor(was G7 decision if I'm not mistaken) wants to take advantage from there. Imagine those kind of giant move, I can guarantee none of the martingale system can survive! Therefore, I rather safe then sorry. Where there is money making time, I'll maximize my profit. When there is bad day, I'm stop lossed. 50% drawdown? Still better then MaxTrade=10, probably wiped out during max trade 10. Last thanksgiving I have a very good experienced with 10point3, and I'm not going to pick that up again. Even your account has 3,000 balance and started with 0.01lot on 10point3, your MaxTrade 10 will lead you up to 5.12lots! Think about it. If you really lose that bid, you're paying

Lots PipStep Actual DD

0.01 -150 -1.5

0.02 -135 -2.7

0.04 -120 -4.8

0.08 -105 -8.4

0.16 -90 -14.4

0.32 -75 -24

0.64 -60 -38.4

1.28 -45 -57.6

2.56 -30 -76.8

5.12 -15 -76.8

Its only -150pips move without 18pips retracement(to trigger your bail system during cost averaging), no need NFP, the market does this stunt oftenly in the history. Does it worth to pay possible -30.54% drawdown? With the MAXIMUM possible return of (hitting take profit!)3.054%? You'll have to win 10 times in a row without any disturbance in the middle, or the EA will become not profitable. I rather chop off my trade just incase market aint favor my direction:) Better safe then sorry. It seems complicated, and I dont know whether I answered your question. But I'm sincere to share and hope can help you guys to make some bucks. Safe trading.

Regards,

David

Latest update: I'm switching Agressive_Mode=false now. I'll leave the trade run at the moment. If things really go worse, I'll bail manually DURING NFP. Below attached the latest report on V12 and the coming soon project. I'll name it Healer, to heal the broken heart and broken account

davidke20:
Glad to hear from you. Seems like you're testing it differently and running conservatively. Really appreciate your work. I heard you're sick, have you get better?

Regards,

David

Great. The reason for group testing is to find out different type of combination over 1 EA. So far we have gathered some small information about my default setting. Which I think its not applicable to any other broker who offer less than 1:400 leverage.

Your answer about max trade. I've choose to let V12 to work with lower max trade and bail option, because I'm a very experience trader. My dad told me once why our family are poor because he's been hard short the yen way back 1984. (SHORT YEN, not dollar. It means long USDJPY) If you refer to USDJPY during 1984 & 1985, you'll know why. There is no reason why the yen gain sudden strength. Its because they're already strong. External factor(was G7 decision if I'm not mistaken) wants to take advantage from there. Imagine those kind of giant move, I can guarantee none of the martingale system can survive! Therefore, I rather safe then sorry. Where there is money making time, I'll maximize my profit. When there is bad day, I'm stop lossed. 50% drawdown? Still better then MaxTrade=10, probably wiped out during max trade 10. Last thanksgiving I have a very good experienced with 10point3, and I'm not going to pick that up again. Even your account has 3,000 balance and started with 0.01lot on 10point3, your MaxTrade 10 will lead you up to 5.12lots! Think about it. If you really lose that bid, you're paying

Lots PipStep Actual DD

0.01 -150 -1.5

0.02 -135 -2.7

0.04 -120 -4.8

0.08 -105 -8.4

0.16 -90 -14.4

0.32 -75 -24

0.64 -60 -38.4

1.28 -45 -57.6

2.56 -30 -76.8

5.12 -15 -76.8

Its only -150pips move without 18pips retracement(to trigger your bail system during cost averaging), no need NFP, the market does this stunt oftenly in the history. Does it worth to pay possible -30.54% drawdown? With the MAXIMUM possible return of (hitting take profit!)3.054%? You'll have to win 10 times in a row without any disturbance in the middle, or the EA will become not profitable. I rather chop off my trade just incase market aint favor my direction:) Better safe then sorry. It seems complicated, and I dont know whether I answered your question. But I'm sincere to share and hope can help you guys to make some bucks. Safe trading.

Regards,

David

Latest update: I'm switching Agressive_Mode=false now. I'll leave the trade run at the moment. If things really go worse, I'll bail manually DURING NFP. Below attached the latest report on V12 and the coming soon project. I'll name it Healer, to heal the broken heart and broken account

Very nice statement David.

Settings

Hi Dswk,

Besides the settings please count in the time frame (I am using H1) and the broker as well.

Regards,

Chrisstoff

dswk:
Thanks.

I will try with your settings.

I do not understand why my V12 generate so many losses on demo account... ? :-(

Let me try again with your settings.

I will back with results...

Test Results

My test results from March 6 (3 days) are attached.

I set Agressive_Mode=false because of NFP today.

Files:
v12_3.gif  5 kb
v12_3.htm  15 kb

davidke20:
It seems complicated, and I dont know whether I answered your question.

Yes and no. I understand the risk with max trades = 10. (I've just changed my v12 demo to MT=8)

All this was the same with 10points3 though. I wondered how the EA differed.

Ray

FutureMillionaire?:
Yes and no. I understand the risk with max trades = 10. (I've just changed my v12 demo to MT=8)

All this was the same with 10points3 though. I wondered how the EA differed.

Ray

difference is, v12 has a higher accuracy of entry, and also bail capability. its still 10point3.

Regards,

David

Result of this week trading on my live account.

Demo was also running but made opposite trades and lost badly yesterday.

Thank God my live account is different.

As FutureMillionaire said before, it's like the lotery!

Same EA, same settings, different results!

Files:

humax:
Result of this week trading on my live account.

Demo was also running but made opposite trades and lost badly yesterday.

Thank God my live account is different.

As FutureMillionaire said before, it's like the lotery!

Same EA, same settings, different results!

I have no problem at all. What I'm sure about your problem is you're going over trade. Besides, you canot judge the EA good or bad by trading with different currency pair with same settings. I think you should stop your live trading with V12. I'd hate to see you get whacked and come back complain saying David give shit EA for you to test. I certainly sure what problem is on your forward testing. Meanwhile, according to your live trading statement. There is no bailing prior to take profit level. All I can wish you is good luck. I dont know how long V12 can work with you, I hope you'll never face the serious drawdown day. Generally, my demo account has nothing much big deal, still hanging there due to Aggressive_Mode=false. Safe in sound.

Regards,

David

Reason: