10points 3.mq4 - page 102

aligator:
Thanks Stan. The code is the most recent version posted by mrtools and has VHF_V1 fixed in there. I have gone through the entire code and failed to find the problem. Have you been able to run 10points 3_dynamic_stop V2 ? Thanks.

It is running well...the settings are default..

10 point

Thanks Stan. The code is the most recent version posted by mrtools and has VHF_V1 fixed in there. I have gone through the entire code and failed to find the problem. Have you been able to run 10points 3_dynamic_stop V2 ?

Hi Aligator,

I finally got the RMI version to trade correctly, or at least to do both buys and sells on backtests.Also I have a Russian friend who awhile back sent me a 10 points version with some awesome fwd. trade results.What he was doing(reg. MACD version) was in expert external parameters change to long only and add the e.a. to your chart, also open another chart and in 10 point external parameters/common change to shorts only, go to 10 point external parameters/inputs and change magic number,so you will have 2 charts(same currency pair) 1 for shorts and another for longs.

Hope this helps

mrtools

10 points

RMI version backtest results for me drawdown to high,

mrtools

Sounds like your russian friend had the same idea that spawned Goblin Bipolar.

Basically its 10p3 with a long and short function, different magic numbers, 2 sets of settings.

I've been making quite a few changes to it

Tross

mrtools:
Hi Aligator,

I finally got the RMI version to trade correctly, or at least to do both buys and sells on backtests.Also I have a Russian friend who awhile back sent me a 10 points version with some awesome fwd. trade results.What he was doing(reg. MACD version) was in expert external parameters change to long only and add the e.a. to your chart, also open another chart and in 10 point external parameters/common change to shorts only, go to 10 point external parameters/inputs and change magic number,so you will have 2 charts(same currency pair) 1 for shorts and another for longs.

Hope this helps

mrtools

Thanks to both Stan an Mr. Tools I was able to get the vhf_V1 combo going. Just careless in misspelling the file name when I unzipped the files. Nevertheless, I was not able to reproduce (or close to) the results that mrpools posted. Also, I asume a couple of defaults need to be changed to run the code for other pairs.

I will try the RMI combo as noted above.

Thanks again gents.

StanP:
Have a look at the code and replace 3 or 4 "VHF" with "VHF_v1" .... Regards

Can you please post the edited EA ? its weird the EA cannot read VHF_v1 eventhough i have saved in the folder. the ex4 file changed to text document. damn... please help

Business trip

I'd like to offer up a million apologies for my absence from this thread. I have been out of the state on a business training. I left off on about page 93ish of the thread and plan to do my catching up in the next day or two. As far as I'm concerned, I'm not really sure the Goblin indicators have been doing the job I'd hoped for. This may be a problem with my code and the way I integrated it from the Goblin EA or just the way it is. Either way, I intend to find out and make some adjustments to the Jugulator EA that I recoded from the 10point3 EA. I hope everyone had a nice Christmas and a good New Year.

Matt

abrs70:
Please a damn programmer improve this EA. dont forward test until it is secure. Please add filter indicator RMI. Sell when crossing 80 below, Buy when crossing above 20. Test on H1. You will be rich

This sounds like a good idea. I will implement this in the next day or two. Do you have anymore information that may be required for this?

aligator:
Abrs,

Have a little respect for our fine programmers. You seem to be experimenting with a lot of ideas, and each one can be a separate EA on its own. You have suggested to include several filters, stops, entires, exits, etc. (to be included by "Damn" programmers) that when implemented will make an AE so complicated that all the features will compete with each other rather than making the EA more profitable. Many filters will give you very few signals or non at all, ask any "Damn" programmer. The idea is KISS, keep it simple stupid, and it works for the most successfull systems.

Look, the original version on page 94 post #933 works well and none of the goblygoojagurausorous revisions have made significant improvements to the EA without tweeking the external inputs. I think it will pay off if you learn how to program and implement all these ideas and see for yourself.

aligator

Keeping it simple is crucial since we don't want to filter ourselves out of everything that could be traded. I will try some new things soon but need some clear cut direction as to the strategies we would like to try. I can program several into the Jugulator and then allow the user to choose in the parameters what strategy they would like to use.

What value for risk is good? is the value in percent? is the default value of 12 high? how about 0.1?

Thanks

Reason: