10points 3.mq4 - page 432

forexjim:
Hi, mrtools,

Could any mt4 platform present the pairs results separately like you did or a special software is required?

Thanks for your advice.

Jim

Hi Jim,

Try here

https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/173442

its a script you enter the dates you want to check then the magic number of Ea you want check, then it will produce the file in experts/file.

I am using 100K demo for all the pairs just to select the pairs to trade.

Besides, it is only unexpired FXCM demo running from their live real server I have (real-money server datafeed; not demo server datafeed), and I received it to trade clones for RAS.

I am not with RAS now so I am using those accounts provided by the broker personally for trading or forward testing.

I am not going to trade many pairs using 1 deposit.

Besides, I am checking max floating drawdown for all the pairs.

------------------

For EURUSD only - I selected 3,000 and connected it to stats website.

You can see here (it is EURUSD only with 3,000 deposit with 1:100 leverage, Alpari):

And I am still affraid ...

Because it is martingale.

Files:

hello mrtools,

my live-test with the easy and easy-1 is quite disastrous. i didn't have much time this week, but sometimes i look at the trades and ask myself, why the ea is doing this trade right now.

i had now a little bit time to take a closer look at the trades, indicator and so on...

1. it seems that the ea doesn't trade if the tdi crosses, but rather it buys if the green line is above the red and sells if the green line is below the red.. at anytime.

2. the tdi you are using is very different to the original tdi.

attached you find 2 screenshots. the first shows the ea with your indicators and the trades during this week. i marked the first trades, i think you can see what i mean. on the second screenshot you can see my personal chart-setup with a tdi with original settings and also a tdi-cross-indicator (the arrows). this setup gives perfect signals in trending markets (but the H1 or even H4 timeframe is much much better than M30!).

is it possible to implement the tdi with original settings and the signals from the tdi-cross-indicator? so that trades are opened only if a signal is given. (i think for this you need the cross-indi only, the tdi-settings are implemented in this thing)

and another question... is it also possible to implement the following function: if the ea opened a trade, the trade is still running and the indicator gives a coutersignal, so the ea has to close the current trade and open a new one in the other direction?

i think that would be great and it would be the almost perfect ea.

attached you also find the indicators for my chart-setup:

the tdi

the tdi-watchdog which i use (indicator additionally shows the tdi-slope of the current bar, some traders open trades only, if slope is higher than x)

the heiken ashi candles

the cross-indicator

i want to say a big big thank you for your work here! and sorry for my bad english, i hope you can understand what i mean.

i couldn't upload more than 6 files in my previous post, so here is the cross-indicator.

Files:

ooh.... i just found this.

snowyHH:
hello mrtools,

my live-test with the easy and easy-1 is quite disastrous. i didn't have much time this week, but sometimes i look at the trades and ask myself, why the ea is doing this trade right now.

i had now a little bit time to take a closer look at the trades, indicator and so on...

1. it seems that the ea doesn't trade if the tdi crosses, but rather it buys if the green line is above the red and sells if the green line is below the red.. at anytime.

2. the tdi you are using is very different to the original tdi.

attached you find 2 screenshots. the first shows the ea with your indicators and the trades during this week. i marked the first trades, i think you can see what i mean. on the second screenshot you can see my personal chart-setup with a tdi with original settings and also a tdi-cross-indicator (the arrows). this setup gives perfect signals in trending markets (but the H1 or even H4 timeframe is much much better than M30!).

is it possible to implement the tdi with original settings and the signals from the tdi-cross-indicator? so that trades are opened only if a signal is given. (i think for this you need the cross-indi only, the tdi-settings are implemented in this thing)

and another question... is it also possible to implement the following function: if the ea opened a trade, the trade is still running and the indicator gives a coutersignal, so the ea has to close the current trade and open a new one in the other direction?

i think that would be great and it would be the almost perfect ea.

attached you also find the indicators for my chart-setup:

the tdi

the tdi-watchdog which i use (indicator additionally shows the tdi-slope of the current bar, some traders open trades only, if slope is higher than x)

the heiken ashi candles

the cross-indicator

i want to say a big big thank you for your work here! and sorry for my bad english, i hope you can understand what i mean.

Will see what i can do, as you have noticed the Ea will only use the indicators the first trade then the martingale takes over, might have to redo the whole Ea to overcome this but not sure yet. Btw your english is fine, probably better than mine

mrtools:
Will see what i can do, as you have noticed the Ea will only use the indicators the first trade then the martingale takes over, might have to redo the whole Ea to overcome this but not sure yet. Btw your english is fine, probably better than mine

thank you

i switched the martingale off (maxtrades = 1), but don't really know on which signals the bot did the trades..

but, mrtools: please don't spend too much of your time for creating a whole new bot now. behind the link in my post above yours, there is already a project which such a bot, the people in the forum there are already working for months on it and it seems to be working and profitable (i read the last 20 pages or so of this thread). i will test this thing next week with a demo account. so you don't have to invent something, which is already there.

but for improving the 10p3 as a martingale-bot, i still think the tdi as trade-trigger is very good.

have a nice weekend

Time frame on Alpari test

Hi NewDigital,

Do you use M1 time frame on your Alpari test as well?

newdigital:
And it is the other account. Alpari broker, 1:100 leverage with 3,000 dollars initial deposit.

Since 05th of September.

EURUSD only.

Same EA and same settings with above posted.

it is EURUSD only with 3,000 deposit with 1:100 leverage, Alpari):

I hope this account will be alive as long time as possible

Yes, M1, same EA with same settings.

But if you compare FXCM with Alpari (same EA with same settings) for EURUSD so Alpari is more dangerous concerning datafeed. I mean: same for everything but my Alpari account is going to more highier lot size than FXCM ...

If I use FXCM or IBFX so it will be less risky.

Thanks

newdigital:
Yes, M1, same EA with same settings.

But if you compare FXCM with Alpari (same EA with same settings) for EURUSD so Alpari is more dangerous concerning datafeed. I mean: same for everything but my Alpari account is going to more highier lot size than FXCM ...

If I use FXCM or IBFX so it will be less risky.

hi NewDigital, thanks for the updates, you are doing a great job. I also want to know which version of the ea are you using on alpari, is it 102 or 101 ? If it is 102 did you change any settings or it is running on default?.

I already have the 101 version running on my $500 live acc on usd/jpy, and also i had it running on a $400 alpari demo acc since last week and the equity is now $650, lets see how the live acc goes.

Thanks regards

Reason: