10points 3.mq4 - page 286

Fxao

We knew it had to happen when the direction changed, we had some loss of the previous gains. The good thing is that after some loss the EA did change direction and now is going short.

John

Files:
fxao7.htm  62 kb
fxao7.gif  5 kb

Fxao

The interesting thing on reflection is that after suffering a movement of over 100 pips against it this EA did not, as martingale EAs usually do, hit a MaxTrades loss with a huge loss of profit. I do not understand coding but there is a valuable contribution in FXAO that targets the biggest problem in progressive EAs, the sudden huge loss of profit when the tide turns against.

I have been testing 10p3 in most versions since I started this thread last August and this has been the best result after a 100 pip reversal. This is a very small demo account and it is still hanging in there with overall profit whilst other EAs started with the same account size have been demolished.

Since this testing started I have had several EAs that are currently being tested here in this folder completely bankrupt the starting account and showed up the dreaded No Money error code. Micronotch has lost all its profit and Emily's rapid escalation of progression caused it to hit the wall.

We are indebted to neta1o for his dedication to the 10p3 cause and his coding expertise that has produced this expert Expert Advisor and we look forward to any further contribution that may be forthcoming.

John

yeoeleven:
The interesting thing on reflection is that after suffering a movement of over 100 pips against it this EA did not, as martingale EAs usually do, hit a MaxTrades loss with a huge loss of profit. I do not understand coding but there is a valuable contribution in FXAO that targets the biggest problem in progressive EAs, the sudden huge loss of profit when the tide turns against.

I have been testing 10p3 in most versions since I started this thread last August and this has been the best result after a 100 pip reversal. This is a very small demo account and it is still hanging in there with overall profit whilst other EAs started with the same account size have been demolished.

Since this testing started I have had several EAs that are currently being tested here in this folder completely bankrupt the starting account and showed up the dreaded No Money error code. Micronotch has lost all its profit and Emily's rapid escalation of progression caused it to hit the wall.

We are indebted to neta1o for his dedication to the 10p3 cause and his coding expertise that has produced this expert Expert Advisor and we look forward to any further contribution that may be forthcoming.

John

Yeo, can you post the exact setting you are using please?

Thanks.

Neta10, thanks again. I hope to know your improved version soon.

You release your last version when i was writing this post. Thanks

Saw you wanted to add time filter, so have made the changes to it. StopTrading at 1300, restart trading at 1800. Will that be good enough?

Regards

David

Files:

davidke20:
Saw you wanted to add time filter, so have made the changes to it. StopTrading at 1300, restart trading at 1800. Will that be good enough?

Regards

David

Those times should be fine, may need to be adjusted depending on the broker and currency pair, but thanks a lot for adding that.

Please start testing this version

Use only on H4 for now and you may experiment with the pipstep if you wish, everything else I've removed from user definable variables because

I have specific testing criteria in mind.

This version is basically the same as the last except for a couple of bug fixes and setting adjustments.

I recommend EURUSD and GBPUSD but whatever pair you want to test on is fine. Thanks for everyones help. More to come soon.

EDIT: Attachment removed, continue testing from the version david posted in the next few posts. I think the timefilter will be important. Thanks

Backtests

Here is some backtests of the new version for the most recent month in IBFX using live data and with MT4 using Alpari data starting with $5000

We need some forward tests to see if the new version can perform anywhere near the backtests.

Fxao

la totona:
Yeo, can you post the exact setting you are using please?

Thanks.

Neta10, thanks again. I hope to know your improved version soon.

You release your last version when i was writing this post. Thanks

I am using the original version posted by neta1o on page #274 on EURUSD & GBPUSD H1 with the set file attached.

Just a pointer when the Take Profit is requires it is in dollar values and I started out with 10 and required a 100 pip gain to get $10 profit with my mini demo account. I have recently changed that setting to 3.

John

Files:
fxao.set  1 kb

it might be a good idea to move the trading time function after the close for profit code paragraph. that way it can still try to close profitable trades...just a thought

Impressive

See attached screenshot for not quite 3 days of testing.

Pretty impressive.

The aqua line on the bottom shows equity minus float (how much you really have).

Files:
fxa0_0725.gif  64 kb
Reason: