10points 3.mq4 - page 221

Here are my results for this week :-).... on monday i changed settings to default on eur.usd pair.... and results are simply awesome but ofcourse behaviour of ea are very very risky

Tawa:
Here are my results for this week :-).... on monday i changed settings to default on eur.usd pair.... and results are simply awesome but ofcourse behaviour of ea are very very risky

Amazing results.... yeah, it looks dangerous. Reduce your trading currency pair, that would be good. Generally it handle EURUSD very well. The rest I really dont know. If you tend to play with multi currency pair, please maintain at EURUSD, EURJPY and USDJPY and change SecureProfit=1 for all three currency pair. That will hedge the V12 well. Good luck

Regards

David

KillerKhan,

10point3 is using MACD to open trade. If current histogram bar is higher then the previous histogram bar, it will open long. If price come down certain pip, it will open long again with doubled the previous lot size, until it hit in to profit. All position will be close either 1 of them hit TP or SL.

robp,

I've looked at that indicator. And several member had already made that EA on 10point3 base. Seems not helping much, because when the market do trending, bollinger band become no value besides telling you the resistance/support was broken for few hours ago. By that time, we could be already the 5 level escalation and heading stop loss/ margin call. V12 uses MACD too. As I told you guys, I'm working it out based on 10point3. So, the entire platform for 10point3 has not change. Only value added features, no extra indicator. Anyway, thank you for the indicator. I'll look into it to see whether there is potential to make another EA based on that. And try not to put too much hope on that 1, I really a old school fella. Not quite familiar with these type of new generation hi tech indicator:p

Regards

David

Hi David,

I just came across this thread. It looks very interesting. When do you start testing your new EA ? Still need testers ?

If you need programming help let me know

Greetings

Alex.Piech.Finger

Questions about 10Point 3 Logic

In analyzing 10Point 3, I'm trying to understand some of the code.

1) It calculates current profit by looping through the open trades and programmatically calculating profit. Then it uses a previously assigned PipValue. For USDCHF & USDJPY, the static pip value can be off by quite a bit. If the Symbol is not GBPUSD, EURUSD, USDCHF, or USDJPY then the pip value could be way off because the forced pip value is 5.

It's a weekend, so I can't try this out, so I thought I'd ask.

Is there any reason to not just use the value of OrderProfit() and then you avoid PipValue inaccuracies and reduce the calculation loop?

2) I'm confused about the ReverseCondition purpose. If there are no open orders, the EA looks for the MACD direction. If there's been a crossover in the last bar, it identifies the direction (Buy/Sell) and any new orders will use that direction. The ReverseCondition option reverses the direction. Is this just for Contrarian trading?

if (OpenOrders<1)

{

myOrderType=NO_ORDER;

if (iMACD([CurrentBar])>iMACD([CurrentBar-1)) {myOrderType=BUY_ORDER;}

if (iMACD([CurrentBar])<iMACD([CurrentBar-1)) {myOrderType=SELL_ORDER;}

if (ReverseCondition==1)

{

if (myOrderType==SELL_ORDER) {myOrderType=BUY_ORDER;}

else { if (myOrderType==BUY_ORDER) {myOrderType=SELL_ORDER;} }

}

}

67-17454:
In analyzing 10Point 3, I'm trying to understand some of the code.

1) It calculates current profit by looping through the open trades and programmatically calculating profit. Then it uses a previously assigned PipValue. For USDCHF & USDJPY, the static pip value can be off by quite a bit. If the Symbol is not GBPUSD, EURUSD, USDCHF, or USDJPY then the pip value could be way off because the forced pip value is 5.

It's a weekend, so I can't try this out, so I thought I'd ask.

Is there any reason to not just use the value of OrderProfit() and then you avoid PipValue inaccuracies and reduce the calculation loop?

2) I'm confused about the ReverseCondition purpose. If there are no open orders, the EA looks for the MACD direction. If there's been a crossover in the last bar, it identifies the direction (Buy/Sell) and any new orders will use that direction. The ReverseCondition option reverses the direction. Is this just for Contrarian trading?

if (OpenOrders<1)

{

myOrderType=NO_ORDER;

if (iMACD([CurrentBar])>iMACD([CurrentBar-1)) {myOrderType=BUY_ORDER;}

if (iMACD([CurrentBar])<iMACD([CurrentBar-1)) {myOrderType=SELL_ORDER;}

if (ReverseCondition==1)

{

if (myOrderType==SELL_ORDER) {myOrderType=BUY_ORDER;}

else { if (myOrderType==BUY_ORDER) {myOrderType=SELL_ORDER;} }

}

}

Hi 67-17454,

I think both pipvalue and orderprofit will do the same purpose. We can use OrderProfit to calculate total profit for a currency pair too, and it could be simpler.

About the reverse condition purpose, I think it exist for experimental purpose only. From the previous post by Tawa (I think), he used both Normal and ReverseCondition on V12 and it works fine.

Cheers,

V12

Hi All,

I see many references to V12, but I can't find where I can download it. Can anyone point me to the post where I can find it ? Thank you in advance.

CatMan:
Hi All, I see many references to V12, but I can't find where I can download it. Can anyone point me to the post where I can find it ? Thank you in advance.

catman, its for private testing for now as I understand. So you cannot download it.

wibitiens:
Hi 67-17454, I think both pipvalue and orderprofit ...Cheers,

wibitiens - Thanks for taking the time to respond. I'm going to test out the changes Monday and see if I get the same results. I run several demo's on my PC and am trying to make tighter code that produces less load.

This EA is something. Ran it unattended. Came back to find computer outage. It still showed a profit in both tests... One test was with the settings here: https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/174975/page119

..the other was done with the same settings, but with MM=1.

The MM=0 test made more trades than MM=1. I don't know why, as the rest of the settings are the same. I'm guessing that it's different start times, but I really don't know.

Eurusd M15 Timeframe.

The more I look at this, IMHO, this is looking like a good solid EA.

Reason: