10points 3.mq4 - page 189

Get a good position

Ok guys, since my dad told me about the indicdent, I've modified my car to ride it back to 1985 to short USDJPY. Due to family convenient, I bought a new car for my wife.

Regards

David

p/s sleepy) was a boring day... attached latest statement.

V12 forward testing since 4th March

I have 2 V12 accounts under forward testing one is using .01 trades using Neuimex M30 starting with a $300 account.See post #1556 in profit $32

The other with NorthFinance M15 using MM with an account starting at $19000.

See post 1557 in profit $87881

John

Files:
v12nexxt7.htm  85 kb
v12nexxt7.gif  6 kb
v12nf10.htm  37 kb
v12nf10.gif  5 kb

yeoeleven

on neuimex you have 1.18 profit factor and on NorthFinance is 6.93, thats is very impresive ..

Test result with mm=0 and lots=0.05.

Nice and easy

Files:
test1.gif  5 kb
test1.htm  15 kb

yeoeleven:
Ray the best way to understand Initial Stop is by reading Tururo's post from page 19.

No problem. The way this EA works is to open a new trade when the loss gets to the value of the "Pips" setting (15). It does this until you have maxtrades open and will open no more. Once you get to maxtrades, if the price continues to go against you, your losses are unlimited. The modification sets the stop point at the place where the last trade would reach the 15 pip loss point + the value of initial stop. So, for each of the orders the stops would be as follows if Pips = 15 and InitialStop = 2, MaxTrades = 5:

Let's say your first trade sells at 1.2600

1st trade stop at 1.2600 + 75 + 2 = 1.2677

2nd trade opens at 1.2615

2nd trade stops at 1.2615 + 60 + 2 = 1.2677

3rd trade opens at 1.2630

3rd trade stop at 1.2630 + 45 + 2 = 1.2677

4th trade opens at 1.2645

4th trade stop at 1.2645 + 30 + 2 = 1.2677

5th trade opens at 1.2660

5th trade stop at 1.2660 + 15 + 2 = 1.2677

So when the price gets to 1.2677 all trades closed out at the stop loss. See yeoelevens earlier post for dollars example.

In practice the stops will vary by a few pips.

Some more help will be found in the PDF file sent out with the EA and describes all the terms.

David has explained Secure Profit several times to me on Yahoo and I must admit it is still not crystal clear.

John

Many thanks for that. Yes, it's all much clearer now.

Regards,

Ray

FutureMillionaire?:
...I'm trying.

At this moment, I'm running backtests on my trippling idea, with all the different pairs. I've shown EURUSD works reasonably well, but GBPUSD doesn't. It seems to depend on the volatility. I'm looking for a pair that has a choppy characteristic (to trigger trades), but doesn't tend to have the big moves, (that take you to max trades).

Early results would suggest that pairs without USD in them, perform better.

Regards,

Ray

Wow .. that took a long time! Well, I did it ... pip by pip, from the beginning of 2006. Most pairs washed out, but it came down to two hopefuls. EURUSD and EURCHF. Watching the action unfold on the screen, it seemed like a race between the hare and the tortoise. EURUSD raced ahead, but was erratic .. but still seemed to have the edge, yet at the end it was all downhill.

This idea seems to suit EURCHF. It looked as if it was going to be a nice steady gain, with no setbacks. In the event, it was ... almost. Three minor kinks, in an otherwise perfect gain. In the end, the tortoise won.

I know this is just a backtest, but I really think this has some merit. ... so much so, I've started trading this one live!

Regards,

Ray

Files:
eurchfx3.htm  1057 kb
eurchfx3.gif  7 kb

Please accept my apologies. I hadn't realised how big the files were until I tried to upload the EURUSD results ... and failed.

Here they are zipped.

Cheers,

Ray

Files:
eurusdx3.zip  313 kb

FutureMillionaire?:

I know this is just a backtest, but I really think this has some merit. ... so much so, I've started trading this one live!

Regards,

Ray

Thanks for the contribution... and... good luck. Ray.

Regards

David

davidke20:
Thanks for the contribution... and... good luck. Ray.

Regards

David

At least the drawdowns, when (and if) they occur, should be manageable. The standard settings produce the results ... but there could be a nasty sting in the tail.

Ray

FutureMillionaire?:
At least the drawdowns, when (and if) they occur, should be manageable. The standard settings produce the results ... but there could be a nasty sting in the tail. Ray

Good. Atleast you found something you needed. For me, I'm still trading it conservatively with traditional setups

Magic=790815;

TakeProfit=15;

Lots=0.1;

InitialStop=76;

TrailingStop=10;

MaxTrades=5;

Multiplier=2.0;

Pips=6;

SecureProfit=5;

AccountProtection=1;

OrderstoProtect=3;

mm=1;