10points 3.mq4 - page 158

combo question

Combo demo looking good. I'm using the settings below on eurusd. Lots is set to .05, yet it always opens with an initial lot size of .10. Any ideas why? It's a 5,000 demo account.

Edit: Figured it out. Changed mm to false and works fine.

TakeProfit=16.00000000

Lots=0.05000000

InitialStop=1.00000000

TrailingStop=10.00000000

FiboProgression=1

MaxTrades=6

Pips=18

SecureProfit=5

AccountProtection=1

OrderstoProtect=3

EquityProtectionLevel=0.00000000

MaxLossPerOrder=0.00000000

ReverseCondition=0

StartYear=2005

StartMonth=1

EndYear=2050

EndMonth=12

mm=1

risk=1

AccountisNormal=0

Magic=123987

Leverage

Trader83:
John, what is the leverage you use on Combo account? As I understand, Neuimex provides only 1:100

1 pip = 1. based on .1 unit on the Combo account.

The account is demo so the leverage was not an issue when I created it last year.

John

I've been watching the way these EAs work. (I'm probably going over ground you've already discussed, if so, I'm sorry)

It seems, that they are designed to enter additional trades, if the price is going against you, in the hope of a retracement. That bit, of course, is obvious.

The bit that's not quite as obvious, is that you're in the lap of the gods to a certain degree, as to when that retracement takes place. Take my 10points3, for example (and I assume this would apply to v12). I've got TP set to 25. Currently, it is buying ... but the price is moving down. If the price drops to the next trigger level .. then retraces.. you've only got to go 25 pips to close the trade. If, however, the price continues to fall to almost the next trigger level ... but not quite ... then retraces.. It's got to go almost 40 pips (TP+Pips...mine's set to 15) in order to close the trade. If it doesn't quite make those 40 pips, then continues on it's way south, you could very easily get into a max trades scenario, even if the movement has not been particularly volatile ... simply because the retracement occurred at the wrong place.

With these settings, I would suggest that 25 pips retracement is reasonable .. but 40 pips is a little optimistic. I wonder if anyone has thought of a way to capture a retracement whenever it occurs.

.......Just thinking aloud.

Ray.

FutureMillionaire?:
I've been watching the way these EAs work. (I'm probably going over ground you've already discussed, if so, I'm sorry)

It seems, that they are designed to enter additional trades, if the price is going against you, in the hope of a retracement. That bit, of course, is obvious.

The bit that's not quite as obvious, is that you're in the lap of the gods to a certain degree, as to when that retracement takes place. Take my 10points3, for example (and I assume this would apply to v12). I've got TP set to 25. Currently, it is buying ... but the price is moving down. If the price drops to the next trigger level .. then retraces.. you've only got to go 25 pips to close the trade. If, however, the price continues to fall to almost the next trigger level ... but not quite ... then retraces.. It's got to go almost 40 pips (TP+Pips...mine's set to 15) in order to close the trade. If it doesn't quite make those 40 pips, then continues on it's way south, you could very easily get into a max trades scenario, even if the movement has not been particularly volatile ... simply because the retracement occurred at the wrong place.

With these settings, I would suggest that 25 pips retracement is reasonable .. but 40 pips is a little optimistic. I wonder if anyone has thought of a way to capture a retracement whenever it occurs.

.......Just thinking aloud.

Ray.

That is the issue all of these martingale EA suffering. We can never expect the retracement when will happen. Therefore, the new V12 built in internal secure function, when got up to higher max trade, it will not need to wait until the retracement reach Take Profit to close trade. It close trade upon cost averaged. Means when you open 0.1, 0.2 and 0.4 lots. Total margin used is 700 from your account balance. If now retracement happened and able to cover 700, it will bail with mild profit/loss regardless hitting stop loss or take profit level. Basically, new V12 has nothing much I can praggin off, just simple because I revised the money management and found the trading range is within 80pips every normal day. PipStep 18 with MaxTrade 5 just fit this scenario.

Regards,

David

Why use martingale?

David just mentioned the downside of martingale systems.

Here is the possitive one.

2 statements of past week.

While in pips many pairs are negative, but when you look at it in $$$..

we have the result we wanted.

Losing pips, but making money

Files:

humax:
David just mentioned the downside of martingale systems.

Here is the possitive one.

2 statements of past week.

While in pips many pairs are negative, but when you look at it in $$$..

we have the result we wanted.

Losing pips, but making money

Thanks for remind. I already have a few very safe martingale system trading on my live account, drawdown less then 20%, include stop loss but all these days i'm working on some better martingale system. And that is the reason why V12 is borned. You can see how V12 trippled the account over a month. And it looks still going strong. I have no idea how far this EA can go. Therefore, you guys are going to dig out the potential of this monster.

Regards,

David

v12 update

My v12 is moving in the right direction, but I'll wait another day or so to post results. It's closed one small trade, and has 3 open, two of which are positive. I'm trading eurusd on 30 min TF. Seems kind of slow -- I'm considering demoing on a shorter TF.

GREAT!!! I'm soooo happy to see this. Different test from the same EA . I have a little contribution too. 10point3 running hedge seems not bad too. Maybe it could help us to make another version based on this concept. Though, I've seen BiPolar working on the big way, DreamTeam making good profit. But I did experience 10point3DynamicStop hedging on a same pair doing very well.

Regards,

David

Files:
hedge.gif  6 kb
hedge.htm  117 kb

robp:
My v12 is moving in the right direction, but I'll wait another day or so to post results. It's closed one small trade, and has 3 open, two of which are positive. I'm trading eurusd on 30 min TF. Seems kind of slow -- I'm considering demoing on a shorter TF.

A quick tip for you guys on how to use V12 properly, from my experience for the passed 1 month, it should be placed at Aggressive_Mode=false. Until it started to make the 1st trade, then we place it on Aggressive_Mode=true. That way we'll get in the trade correctly. ALMOST holy grail

Regards,

David

What's the Dream Team you'e referring to?

davidke20:
GREAT!!! I'm soooo happy to see this. Different test from the same EA . I have a little contribution too. 10point3 running hedge seems not bad too. Maybe it could help us to make another version based on this concept. Though, I've seen BiPolar working on the big way, DreamTeam making good profit. But I did experience 10point3DynamicStop hedging on a same pair doing very well.

Regards,

David
Reason: