10points 3.mq4 - page 87

tf

I too had losses today, but the program is just part of the problem on these news days. In a fast moving market the brokers cannot keep up and there is some lag time between order placement and order taken. During this time the market can move to the next point of entry and when the programs checks to see if the correct # of orders are out there and they are not, it closes all orders for that currency pair. Does this make sense??? Could this be managed by setting up all orders when the first order is placed to level 10 and when take profit is realized, all remaining orders would be closed for that pair??? I was glad to see a big move because it tells me a lot about how the EA will react to unexpected big events. Also MTA if this is your first foray into writing EA's, this is an exceptional job. Thank you.

Files:
ds2.htm  125 kb

tf

In the attachment above, notice gbp/chf at 15:29 ON THE 8th got to the 5th level and closed all. Gbp/usd at 16:42 got to the 6th level and closed all. Aus/usd at 14:01 got to the 4th level and closed all. This happened at least 7 times, 5 of them being between 16:49 and 17:05. I cannot see any logical reason they were closed unless the broker cannot keep up with the orders. Any feedback would be appreciated.. If I am correct, would even a hedge position have helped this situation???? 10p3 version 2.2

Closing trades

Terry French:
In the attachment above, notice gbp/chf at 15:29 ON THE 8th got to the 5th level and closed all. Gbp/usd at 16:42 got to the 6th level and closed all. Aus/usd at 14:01 got to the 4th level and closed all. This happened at least 7 times, 5 of them being between 16:49 and 17:05. I cannot see any logical reason they were closed unless the broker cannot keep up with the orders. Any feedback would be appreciated.. If I am correct, would even a hedge position have helped this situation???? 10p3 version 2.2

I had a position closed out at MaxTrades7 when my setting was MaxTrades10 eventually I found that the reason was that I had AccountsProtect1 and OrderstoProtect 3 and that over ruled my MaxtTrades.

That could have happened in your case.

John

tf

those 2 options are not listed under 10p3 V 2.2 that I show under inputs and the EA had previously gone to higher levels with other orders prior to the news.

furious_angel:
after testing this on a demo and seeing the results for the past week or so..

i would like to try this on a real account , ...

Good Luck!!

MaxTrades

here are many different versions of 10points3 and I am testing the Dynamic Stop by tururo as posted here on page 18.

Since that modification was posted it is the direction that I have taken and I have no idea as to why your progression was halted.

Is there an account protection within the version that you are testing that could halt the progression according to the account level, one that overrules the MaxTrades setting?

John

tf

The version from post 798 with no modifications and no acct protection listed

Terry French:

is this the best version to use right now?

tf

Good question. I picked it up because I saw it as an improvement over the older (all the versions of 10P3), MTA had just reworked it with bluto's indicators, it has a 1.6 progression and 15 point pipstep which will allow for a 150 point move with chance to recover, works on all currency pairs, but mostly because I think MTA will stay with it and continue to make improvements and YEO does an excellent job of reporting back with consistency about every upgrade to let us know what is going on. To me, that is a valuable asset. And now that I am running it, it makes a profit. Except on big news days. Now I get to see how long before it gets back to breakeven. My guess is 4 days.

Maxtrades closing

Terry French:

Sorry for my misinformation I hadn't realised that you were testing the the Jugulator (10points3 Dynamic Stop 2.2 version) I have had little experience using it. I have had to remove it for reasons previously discussed regarding the .01 unit start off.

Perhaps Matt may answer your irregular closing problems.

John

Reason: