10points 3.mq4 - page 94

Forward testing

aligator:
john,

Great thread you started! Based on the last 4-5 months testing, If one were to start testing just one version of the 10 points 3 and one set of parameters what would they be? In other words, what is the best version and setup so far?

BTW: I am not sure if we have talked about the input parameters EURUSDPipvalue=10, GBPUSDPipvalue=10, USDCHFPipvalue=10, and USDJPYPipvalue=9.175. If I am correct these are supposed to be the $ value of one pip for a standard lot. While the number 10 is ok for the first two pairs, the other two pairs are way off and should be dynamic as the ratio goes up and down. Maybe that is why the performance of these two pairs is not so good. Any thought?

BTW, I used this system on BlackJack since I live in Vegas and I continue to run out of money before my doubling is of any help (plus the maximum bet allowed by slots is only 20 units, which is only 5 doubling (1, 2, 4, 8, 16)). The odds of winning is always 50/50 if the machine is not rigged.

Keep up the good work!

Regards, Aligator

After this time of forward testing and given what I have learned I would download the EA on page #18 using the settings as below:-

TakeProfit=20.00000000

Lots=0.01000000

InitialStop=1.00000000

TrailingStop=10.00000000

MaxTrades=10

Pips=15

SecureProfit=10

AccountProtection=0

OrderstoProtect=0

ReverseCondition=0

EURUSDPipValue=10.00000000

GBPUSDPipValue=10.00000000

USDCHFPipValue=10.00000000

USDJPYPipValue=9.71500000

StartYear=2005

StartMonth=1

EndYear=2010

EndMonth=12

EndHour=22

EndMinute=30

mm=0

risk=12

AccountisNormal=1

Magic=10201

On EURUSD USDCHF & USDJPY using M30 TF and starting off as suggested from .01

That is what I have been testing now for some time and fortunately the GBPUSD was omiitted which has caused a huge drawdown on Terminator, Goblin & Jugulator after the results of the past couple of days.

Currently EURUSD has progressed to a .64 setting and has only a couple of trades to progress before hitting the Dynamic Stop. This has not happened to my forward testing of 10points3 and I hope that a retracement occurs prior to that.

Input perameters do not worry me they will calculate the overall position of the progression but I agree that they could be out in the way that you suggest. The difference is not worth worrying about so I wouldn't bother to make any changes.

I have included a detailed report for this week to date and it is the only EA of this type that currently is in profit from my testing.

John

Files:

Forward testing

The EURUSD trade successfully closed off at .64 after previously reaching .32 once. USDCHF went up to .32 three times whilst USDJPY only got to .4 closed trades but currently is sitting on .8 in trade.

Good job that GBPUSD was eliminated should I consider using only USDJPY with an increased start off say .02?

I am pleased to post another progressive profit for 10points3 Dynamic Stop, Jugulator is submerged after leaving GBPUSD in the test.

John

Files:

Backtest

Hi all

I need a comment of this backtest (since 01/Octobre).

Settings :

TakeProfit=20.00000000

Lots=0.1000000

InitialStop=1.00000000

TrailingStop=10.00000000

MaxTrades=10

Pips=15

SecureProfit=10

AccountProtection=0

OrderstoProtect=0

ReverseCondition=0

StartYear=2005

StartMonth=1

EndYear=2010

EndMonth=12

EndHour=22

EndMinute=30

mm=0

risk=12

AccountisNormal=1

Magic=10201

On EURUSD USDCHF & USDJPY using M30 TF and starting off as suggested from

and modelage ~70%

Thanks

PS : Who have a backtest with more 90% in modelage ?

Files:
10point3.rar  51 kb

Back testing

Imperatorfr:
Hi all

I need a comment of this backtest (since 01/Octobre).

Settings :

TakeProfit=20.00000000

Lots=0.1000000

InitialStop=1.00000000

TrailingStop=10.00000000

MaxTrades=10

Pips=15

SecureProfit=10

AccountProtection=0

OrderstoProtect=0

ReverseCondition=0

StartYear=2005

StartMonth=1

EndYear=2010

EndMonth=12

EndHour=22

EndMinute=30

mm=0

risk=12

AccountisNormal=1

Magic=10201

On EURUSD USDCHF & USDJPY using M30 TF and starting off as suggested from

and modelage ~70%

Thanks

PS : Who have a backtest with more 90% in modelage ?

I have never had much confidence in back testing preferring to spend the time in forward testing.

I have attached a document by Hendrik on achieving 90% results it may help and another offerring to achieve 99%

John

Week to date

10points3 Dynamic Stop has continued to profit and the detailed statement is attached.

I will continue to post updates as long as they register a number of views but the number of testers who report has diminished.

With all the interest and development in Goblin it is understandable that thrust of progress has moved there.

Forward testing has proved with my settings that profit can achieved but the risk of a 10 trade wipeout is constant and further reduction to the number of pairs may be the next step in making this EA as safe as possible.

John

Files:

tf

Yeo,

I'm still following your posts closely and running my own tests. Most of mine agree with yours so no comments are necessary. I'm waiting on Matt to upgrade jugulator so am in no hurry on anything. I still like it's design and feel it is less risky than most of the others. I want to be able to leave it on and walk away for an hour or 2 and check it occassionally. I don't want to have to be glued to the screen constantly. For this reason, if is just makes a small consistant profit, with no huge drawdowns, I will consider it successful. After all, Rome wasn't built in a day. Thanks for the good work

Forward testing

I have closed down 10points3 Dynamic Stop for the weekend and have posted a detailed summary progressive for the last month.

Early in December I experimented with a 1.5 progression but it needed a much higher TP than the 20 in my settings so it closed trade sequences with an overall loss.

This EA has posted a $2000 profit whilst trading 24/5 over the entire period and starting with a .01 unit that is a good achievement.

I wish you all a Happy Christmas and a Prosperous New Year and will resume forward testing in the New Year.

John

Files:

yeoeleven:
Early in December I experimented with a 1.5 progression but it needed a much higher TP than the 20 in my settings so it closed trade sequences with an overall loss.

Where did you change the progression setting? so your using a higher TP of 20?

How do I print off a history report again?

Thanks

yeoeleven

winner chicken dinner. nice steady results. any thoughts on this EA in non holiday times?

Settings

matrixebiz:
Where did you change the progression setting? so your using a higher TP of 20?

How do I print off a history report again?

Thanks

Rather than increase my TP setting I removed the 1.5 progression.

To print off a detailed summary first use the option to select the correct time period by right clicking on a history entry.

I prefer that the history is in pairs sequence so that I can easily see progressions so I click on the Symbol at the top of the pairs column.

Right click again on a history entry then select Detailed Summary and give the summary an appropriate name and file location.

Highlight the URL and enter it into the Manage Attachments location in the Reply to Thread to post it to the forum.

All that information is then on your hard drive so open it and use the printer options to print it out.

John

Reason: