10points 3.mq4 - page 78

Revised 10Point3 ()

John,

I would like to apologize for my neglect with my revised EA from 10point3. Things have just been absolutely crazy for me at work lately but I'm trying to stay on top of it. I was going to look for the latest version of the Goblin EA so that we could take advantage of the indicator(s) they use to determine direction. Everything is set on my revised except for picking a direction to begin with. I have been running the test EA with long positions only to see if everything works as it should and it all looks good. I am hoping everyone will find it useful but at least for my sake I feel that the code is better organized, from a programmers standpoint, and hopefully everyone will benefit from this. Your devotion to the 10point3 thread has been most inspiring and I feel that you have done a great job in keeping it alive and useful for everyone. My testing took a huge hit about a week ago using only long positions but has since rebounded like you wouldn't believe. I know that's not the best way to go but it just shows, in my opinion, that the theory behind this EA is a good thing even when your in the wrong direction as long as you have margin to cover it. Could anyone tell me which page the latest Goblin EA can be found?

I have also included My test results since running this revised version and would like everyone to keep in mind that it is not 100% complete and not suitable to run on a live account as it stands. All that is needed is the indicator(s) to point the direction. Also, the results may be weird in the beginning due to some manual manipulation while I was tweaking. This is just to show that I have actually been working on it.

10Point3 Dynamic Stop v2 (Explained)

Hopefully my comments in the new EA's code can be easily understood but if I did not explain something well enough then any questions regarding the code are most welcome. Also, for right now anyways, I have dropped the idea of closing trades that may be called hoepless due to some complications I have seen. The EA starts with a 1.6 progression because 1.5 is not quite big enough to maintain a profit if multiple orders are opened when looking for the TP and my testing has been run on the EUR/USD, GBP/USD, USD/CHF, USD/JPY with an H1 TF. The EA has been opened up so that it can be run on any currency pair without any modifications and it will work as it should.

mtaboneweb:
John,

I would like to apologize for my neglect with my revised EA from 10point3. Things have just been absolutely crazy for me at work lately but I'm trying to stay on top of it. I was going to look for the latest version of the Goblin EA so that we could take advantage of the indicator(s) they use to determine direction. Everything is set on my revised except for picking a direction to begin with. I have been running the test EA with long positions only to see if everything works as it should and it all looks good. I am hoping everyone will find it useful but at least for my sake I feel that the code is better organized, from a programmers standpoint, and hopefully everyone will benefit from this. Your devotion to the 10point3 thread has been most inspiring and I feel that you have done a great job in keeping it alive and useful for everyone. My testing took a huge hit about a week ago using only long positions but has since rebounded like you wouldn't believe. I know that's not the best way to go but it just shows, in my opinion, that the theory behind this EA is a good thing even when your in the wrong direction as long as you have margin to cover it. Could anyone tell me which page the latest Goblin EA can be found?

I have also included My test results since running this revised version and would like everyone to keep in mind that it is not 100% complete and not suitable to run on a live account as it stands. All that is needed is the indicator(s) to point the direction. Also, the results may be weird in the beginning due to some manual manipulation while I was tweaking. This is just to show that I have actually been working on it.

Hi m8,

I didn't realize we were pursuing dual objectives with improving 10Point3 until I saw your posts here to that effect. Perhaps we should do a "Vulcan Mind Meld" on your efforts and my development of Goblin....if you've made some progress with your order handling logic, I'd love to take a peek at it.

bluto:
Hi m8, I didn't realize we were pursuing dual objectives with improving 10Point3 until I saw your posts here to that effect. Perhaps we should do a "Vulcan Mind Meld" on your efforts and my development of Goblin....if you've made some progress with your order handling logic, I'd love to take a peek at it.

Not a problem. My apologies. The latest version of my revised EA is in the post above. You will find a function in there where I would like to set OrderDirection to 1 if long, 2 if short. Anything else will be ignored and nothing will be done. The function is called "CheckForDirection()". That is where the indicator(s) would be placed and the variable "OrderDirection" would be set appropriately. I had planed on giving credit to the goblin EA as well in the header section.

Thanks again,

Matt

mtaboneweb:
Not a problem. My apologies. The latest version of my revised EA is in the post above. You will find a function in there where I would like to set OrderDirection to 1 if long, 2 if short. Anything else will be ignored and nothing will be done. The function is called "CheckForDirection()". That is where the indicator(s) would be placed and the variable "OrderDirection" would be set appropriately. I had planed on giving credit to the goblin EA as well in the header section.

Thanks again,

Matt

Oh, hey...no apologies necessary. I think it's cool that someone else was looking at this too. I think we all see a glimmer of possibilities in 10Point3. I look forward to taking a look at your fresh approach. Cheers!

Could you direct me to the latest download version of the Goblin EA and any support/indicator files I may need so that I can have a look?

bluto:
Oh, hey...no apologies necessary. I think it's cool that someone else was looking at this too. I think we all see a glimmer of possibilities in 10Point3. I look forward to taking a look at your fresh approach. Cheers!

mtaboneweb:
Could you direct me to the latest download version of the Goblin EA and any support/indicator files I may need so that I can have a look?

Matt,

bluto has updated the first post on page 1. I believe that is the latest version.

File Type: zip Goblin.zip (17.5 KB, 411 views)

Tross discusses his Fibo Goblin on page 39 post # 390

Tross:
Latest Goblin revised to include Fibonacci option.

Set it to True to enable Fibonacci lot progression instead of Martingale.

I'm also including the default settings that I am having some positive backtest results with.

Very pleased to hear from you and hope that a dialogue with bluto will bring out the best for us all.

Disturbing Journal message

I have just created an account to forward test 10points Dynamic Stopv2 with SBFX and the following message was displayed.

2006.12.05 06:55:31 '988071515': trading by experts is prohibited.

I have attached a GIF.

Also my EA was given a grey hat even though it was compiled without errors.

Any others had this message from any other broker. Doesn't look good.

John

Files:
sbfx.gif  66 kb

10Point3 Dynamic Stop v2

Here is the "10Point3 Dynamic Stop v2" EA with Goblin's indicators incorporated. I modified the indicator flow a bit but it should still produce the same direction. Have a look and let me know any feedback.

That's a new one to me. I just created a new IBFX demo and had no problems.

yeoeleven:
I have just created an account to forward test 10points Dynamic Stopv2 with SBFX and the following message was displayed.

2006.12.05 06:55:31 '988071515': trading by experts is prohibited.

I have attached a GIF.

Also my EA was given a grey hat even though it was compiled without errors.

Any others had this message from any other broker. Doesn't look good.

John
Reason: