10points 3.mq4 - page 75

goldy:
The worry is that it got up to .32 a couple of times but closed satisfactorily each time.

hello,

why not to modify :

MaxTrades=10 to MaxTrades=13 (or more) look at this line :

if (MaxTrades>12) { mylotsi=NormalizeDouble(mylotsi*1.5,1); }

else { mylotsi=NormalizeDouble(mylotsi*2,1); }

so, the increase of next level lotsize will be *1.5 instead of *2 :

0.01 / 0.02 / 0.03 / 0.05 / 0.08 / 0.12

instead of

0.01 / 0.02 / 0.04 / 0.08 / 0.16 / 0.32

less profitable, but less risky

Copied from the EA's coding

if (MaxTrades>12) { mylotsi=NormalizeDouble(mylotsi*1.5,2); }

else { mylotsi=NormalizeDouble(mylotsi*2,2); }

so if I change the*1.5,2 to *1.5,1 and select MaxTrades12 I will trade at a 1.5 progression instead of the current doubling progression?

Or if I select MaxTrades12 with no changing of the code that 1.5 progression will occur?

I have no coding experience so please bear with me on this.

Will definitely change over to MaxTrades12 for next weeks testing when I understand how to achieve a 1.5 progression.

John

no, you just have to modify maxtrade value and to recompil it

Maxtrade = 13 (or more)

If Maxtrade is < 13 increase will be *2 lotsize automaticly

If Maxtrade is = or > 13 increase will be *1.5 lotsize automaticly

that's all

MaxTrades13

goldy:
no, you just have to modify maxtrade value and to recompil it

Maxtrade = 13 (or more)

that's all

Thanks goldy,

Maxtrades13 will be my setting from next Monday and that should really decrease the margin needed to run this EA live and dramatically reduce the chance of having a losing trade.

John

with this EA, i trade 0.01 lot for 1000$ (microlot with ibfx)

you will cannot trade this lotsize with fxdd, neuimex... who dont accept microlots.

my account started at 5000$, so i trade 0.05 lots with this settings:

Takeprofit = 20

lots = 0.05

stoploss = 0

Trailingstop = 0

Maxtrades = 15

pips = 15

accountprotection = 0

mm = 0

Eurusd and Usdjpy

until now, no problem when eurusd up from 1.29 to 1.33. except one time, margin limit fall near 400%. but it's a good period to try this settings

tf

thanks goldy, I'm not a coder either but that one little change will make a world of difference in the operation of this EA

Yes Terry, i try since few months to use 10points3 (or DLM) without good results on long term. i have had a margin call on demo account with *2

i think *1.5 change a lot of things

for an example, during a trend (150 pips)

increase *2

level 0 = 0.10 lots

level 1 = 0.20

level 2 = 0.40

level 3 = 0.80

level 4 = 1.60

level 5 = 3.20

level 6 = 6.40

level 7 = 12.80

level 8 = 25.60

level 9 = 51.20

level 10 = 102.40

increase *1.5

level 0 = 0.10 lots

level 1 = 0.15

level 2 = 0.23

level 3 = 0.34

level 4 = 0.51

level 5 = 0.77

level 6 = 1.16

level 7 = 1.74

level 8 = 2.61

level 9 = 3.92

level 10 = 5.88

This is the very big difference. during a trend of 150 pips, your account is not in red zone with Maxtrade = equal or up than 13

try this on demo account

yeoeleven:
Thanks goldy,

Maxtrades13 will be my setting from next Monday and that should really decrease the margin needed to run this EA live and dramatically reduce the chance of having a losing trade.

John

Would this be the same with Goblin? Do it just change MaxT to 13? or do I need to modify the code some how + change the MaxT setting to 13?

This is Goblin now;

{

if (MaxTrades>12) { mylotsi=NormalizeDouble(mylotsi*1.5,2); }

else { mylotsi=NormalizeDouble(mylotsi*2,2); }

}

Do I change to;

Then hit F5 to re-compile?

Why not just change the MaxT user option to 13 instead of the recompile?

Thanks

News

yeoeleven:
During the week I expect that the EA will have time to overcome any adverse trading experienced from the "news" but on Friday when I want to close off the EA for the weekend there is no time left if the trade goes against the EA.

So on Friday I make a point of closing manually pairs that are in profit prior to the "news" especially if there are high impact announcements expected.

http://www.forexfactory.com/index.php?page=calendar&week=1164499200&month=12&timezoneoffset=

that page is set for TimeZone GMH+10hours and told me that there were a couple of high impact (red envelopes) announcements due. I closed off the EA prior to those announcements and here are my weekly results.

John

Quoted is my post from the Goblin thread regarding news trading and here I have attached my 10points3 weekly detailed results.

Progressing from a .01 unit start a closed profit of $684.70 was achieved.

John

Files:

MaxTrades13

I am excited about next week's prospects, the help from goldy regarding using higher MaxTrades and reduced progression seems to me to be exactly what I have been looking for.

This week's closed profit of $684 is impressive from a .01 unit start off but comes with more risk and I am looking for less closed profit with less risk.

I believe that MaxTrades13 with my posted settings would almost never be breached and how easy is it to advance to a start up of .02 when we feel more confident.

If a closed profit of $250 can be achieved next week and every week with safety we are getting very close to the Holy Grail because if we can achieve that from .01 then we can double it very easily as the account grows.

Time will tell but for now I am excited about the prospects.

John

yeoeleven:
I am excited about next week's prospects, the help from goldy regarding using higher MaxTrades and reduced progression seems to me to be exactly what I have been looking for.

This week's closed profit of $684 is impressive from a .01 unit start off but comes with more risk and I am looking for less closed profit with less risk.

I believe that MaxTrades13 with my posted settings would almost never be breached and how easy is it to advance to a start up of .02 when we feel more confident.

If a closed profit of $250 can be achieved next week and every week with safety we are getting very close to the Holy Grail because if we can achieve that from .01 then we can double it very easily as the account grows.

Time will tell but for now I am excited about the prospects.

John

Ok, so we don't have to change the code, correct? Just change the MaxTrades user option to 13?

Thanks

Reason: