10points 3.mq4 - page 55

tf

I am running 10 points now and I had a fresh idea. You currently have this set up to buy in 15 point increments. And it closes all after 5 trades or 75 pips. This could be made to be more successful if you would consider the average move of the currency pair you are working with. IE on average the gpd/usd moves 140 pips a day, usd/cad moves 120, eur/usd moves 100. Now if you take this total and divide by 4, then use that # as your increment move. Ex. euro moves 100 points per day on average. 100/4 = 25 instead of the current 15. The 5th trade or to 125 points would carry you to the outside of the trading range and allow you a better chance of recovering before getting stopped out. IE you would be able to trade the range of a normal move without doubling up so often and still be in the trade. The only other calculation necessary is the take profit level would need to be adjusted as well..for whats it worth

looks nice idea.

Pipstep

Terry French:
I am running 10 points now and I had a fresh idea. You currently have this set up to buy in 15 point increments. And it closes all after 5 trades or 75 pips. This could be made to be more successful if you would consider the average move of the currency pair you are working with. IE on average the gpd/usd moves 140 pips a day, usd/cad moves 120, eur/usd moves 100. Now if you take this total and divide by 4, then use that # as your increment move. Ex. euro moves 100 points per day on average. 100/4 = 25 instead of the current 15. The 5th trade or to 125 points would carry you to the outside of the trading range and allow you a better chance of recovering before getting stopped out. IE you would be able to trade the range of a normal move without doubling up so often and still be in the trade. The only other calculation necessary is the take profit level would need to be adjusted as well..for whats it worth

Now that is a good idea, thanks Terry for your observations.

Now in order to implement it where can we find the daily average movements? I will certainly adopt this suggestion even though my main testing of this EA has been reduced to testing EURUSD because of the volatility of the other pairs. With this idea each pair will have it's own pipstep and hopefully the volatility issue may be reduced.

There are a couple of other issues to consider, with the higher pipstep may come the need for a larger account and maybe the MaxTrade number could be reconsidered. I have been using MaxTrades6 for over a month now and only once lost a trade. (Last week USDCHF) whereas on my second account MaxTrades5 was reached several times in the same period.

Do you have any suggestions regarding the setting of Take profit?

John

Another 10point3 bad day...

Here is my sad results this morning for the EUR/USD and USD/CHF which both lost after the 6th positions. Any thoughts?

mtaboneweb:
Here is my sad results this morning for the EUR/USD and USD/CHF which both lost after the 6th positions. Any thoughts?

i see you have active InitialStop, This EA is fighting until death but you stop it with InitialStop before the EA lossing his blood...If you use this EA, you have to give all resource you have,..so fight it to the last blood

harryhid:
i see you have active InitialStop, This EA is fighting until death but you stop it with InitialStop before the EA lossing his blood...If you use this EA, you have to give all resource you have,..so fight it to the last blood

Here are my settings. Thay are typical of what I believe most people on here are running...

extern double TakeProfit = 25;

extern double Lots = 0.05;

extern double InitialStop = 1;

extern double TrailingStop = 15;

extern int MaxTrades=6;

extern int Pips=15;

extern int SecureProfit=10;

extern int AccountProtection=1;

extern int OrderstoProtect=3;

extern int ReverseCondition=0;

extern double EURUSDPipValue=1;

extern double GBPUSDPipValue=1;

extern double USDCHFPipValue=1;

extern double USDJPYPipValue=0.9715;

extern int StartYear=2005;

extern int StartMonth=1;

extern int EndYear=2006;

extern int EndMonth=12;

extern int EndHour=22;

extern int EndMinute=25;

extern int mm=0;

extern int risk=30;

extern int AccountisNormal=0;

extern int Magic = 10201;

mtaboneweb:
Here are my settings. Thay are typical of what I believe most people on here are running...

extern double TakeProfit = 25;

extern double Lots = 0.05;

extern double InitialStop = 1;

extern double TrailingStop = 15;

extern int MaxTrades=6;

extern int Pips=15;

extern int StartMonth=1;

extern int EndYear=2006;

extern int EndMonth=12;

extern int EndHour=22;

extern int EndMinute=25;

extern int mm=0;

extern int risk=30;

Default is like this:

extern double TakeProfit = 40;

extern double Lots = 0.01;

extern double InitialStop = 0;

extern double TrailingStop = 20;

extern int MaxTrades=10;

extern int Pips=15;

extern int StartMonth=1;

extern int EndYear=2006;

extern int EndMonth=12;

extern int EndHour=22;

extern int EndMinute=25;

extern int mm=0;

extern int risk=30;

You can see that it is continuing in the same direction as when I lost. The last 2 trades shown after the loss were manually closed and trading is turned off. Maybe MaxTrades=10 might have had a chance but it still made bad decisions when it first opened the trades (Short on EUR/USD and Long on USD/CHF).

Files:
bad_day2-1.jpg  91 kb

mtaboneweb:
You can see that it is continuing in the same direction as when I lost. The last 2 trades shown after the loss were manually closed and trading is turned off. Maybe MaxTrades=10 might have had a chance but it still made bad decisions when it first opened the trades (Short on EUR/USD and Long on USD/CHF).

The EA just force the first direction even next is the wrong direction, if dont mistake is called Averaging technique. After all positions is closed then he will find a new direction to trade.

Terminator progress...

In addition to testing 5 demo accounts with the Terminator EA I have opened a 6th demo account to test other currency pairs.

The variable OpenOrdersBasedOn has the following choices...

0=MACD

This is what 10point3 uses.

It is my thought that this is a poor way to decide if you should go long or short since the history bar for MACD means little to me while the bar is still open and without looking at the signal line as well. Since these EAs work on a tick by tick basis, if the current history bar is less than the previous history bar, it may not be the best way to say "Let's go short".

1=Pivot Point Time Zone

This is being run on Demo Account 1 on the 4 suggested pairs.

So far this is performing the best out of the other options and is what I chose for the 6th demo account.

2=Support and Resistance

This is being run on Demo Account 2 on the 4 suggested pairs.

3=i_Trend RSI

This is being run on Demo Account 3 on the 4 suggested pairs.

4=i_TrendRSIStoch

This is being run on Demo Account 4 on the 4 suggested pairs.

5=i-TrendRSIStochMoneyFlowIndex

This is being run on Demo Account 5 on the 4 suggested pairs.

On the 6th demo account I am using 1=Pivot Point Time Zone on the following pairs with good results so far...

AUD/USD

EUR/CHF

USD/CAD

GBP/JPY

EUR/JPY

GBP/CHF

EUR/GBP

EUR/AUD

For whatever reason when I opened a new demo it showed MIG-Demo as the option which is what I chose. The pairs listed above are the only others available thru this demo that are not the original 4 pairs suggested for this EA. I just wanted to see how it would work with other currency pairs. The settings listed below are the same across all 6 demos except for the OpenOrdersBasedOn variable.

extern double TakeProfit = 38; // Profit Goal for the latest order opened

extern double Lots = 0.1; // We start with this lots number

extern double StopLoss = 0; // StopLoss

extern double TrailingStop = 0;// Pips to trail the StopLoss

extern int MaxTrades=10; // Maximum number of orders to open

extern int Pips=18; // Distance in Pips from one order to another

extern int SecureProfit=10; // If profit made is bigger than SecureProfit we close the orders

extern int AccountProtection=1; // If one the account protection will be enabled, 0 is disabled

extern int AllSymbolsProtect=0; // if one will check profit from all symbols, if cero only this symbol

extern int OrderstoProtect=3; // Number of orders to enable the account protection

extern int ReverseCondition=0; // if one the desition to go long/short will be reversed

extern int StartYear=2005; // Year to start (only for backtest)

extern int StartMonth=1; // month to start (only for backtest)

extern int EndYear=2030; // Year to stop trading (backtest and live)

extern int EndMonth=12; // Month to stop trading (backtest and live)

//extern int EndHour=22;

//extern int EndMinute=30;

extern int mm=0; // if one the lots size will increase based on account size

extern int risk=0.01; // risk to calculate the lots size (only if mm is enabled)

extern int AccountisNormal=2; // Zero if account is not mini/micro

extern int MagicNumber=222777; // Magic number for the orders placed

extern int Manual=0; // If set to one then it will not open trades automatically

extern int OpenOrdersBasedOn=1; // Method to decide trades:0=MACD, 1=Pivot Point Time Zone, 2=Support and Resistance,

// 3=i_Trend RSI, 4=i_TrendRSIStoch, 5=i-TrendRSIStochMoneyFlowIndex

extern int TimeZone=16; // Time zone to calculate the pivots (not all the methods uses it)

There is a lot open on the demos right now so I will post results later to show the progress so far. Any feedback/ideas would be most welcome.

Reason: