Hull Moving Average - page 31

krelian99:
Hmm, no, hot is different. In sideway markets you only loose and this heavily and in trending markets you're always late, like Psar. If you can't stand your money, donate it to someone who needs it, not to your bank.

Just one remark : neo269 uses 15,80 for periods. I used 15,20 for periods on my example even though I left the defaults at 15,80 in the indicator parameters (80 is way to slow - at least for my taste ). In my opinion better (but that depends on what is one looking for) better to have closer periods (like that 15,20) to make it more responsive

Of course one have to try many things before one get a good setup. But a two hull average EA isn't that good. MA cross and double slope confirmation may be popular but weak formations. It doesn't tells you much about the market, only that a few bars went down or up. This can be seen only by looking on chart as well and it may cumber to see the important infomations. Everyone must learn, trial and error, but an EA only of this is no good idea. But this is only my opinion.

@mladen Thanks a lot for Indi. I am using Supply Demand Zones 15m MTF as confirmation & trade on 5M chart using your indi. So I go long when there is positive bias i.e. 15&80 are green + price is near 15M demand zone as confirmation. As always sideways market are very tough to trade so any ideas are welcome to increase odds.

neo269:
@mladen Thanks a lot for Indi. I am using Supply Demand Zones 15m MTF as confirmation & trade on 5M chart using your indi. So I go long when there is positive bias i.e. 15&80 are green + price is near 15M demand zone as confirmation. As always sideways market are very tough to trade so any ideas are welcome to increase odds.

Since I happen to know some of krelian99 thinking (hence my like to his post ), maybe I can add something to this whole thing : moving averages are good. But they are almost always obvious. Maybe the best usage of averages of any type is not for trend determination but for filtering data before using that same data in some other calculation (hence - de-noising data before using it)

Probably 2 keys are most important in the whole TA : adapting and momentum. There are quite a few very good adaptive averages (which, because they are adaptive, are stopping being "just" averages) and finding out the momentum (rsi is one of the best ways to find the momentum - which we then, often mistakenly call a trend). There are also some very good rsi variations that are able to struggle with momentum too

Maybe you should try some adaptive averages for start (like the simplest adaptive T3 - some versions posted here https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/173058/page19 to see what exactly is te difference between smething that adapts itself to market volatility and when something does not do that

SP: just to clarify - I have heard a million times that adaptive repaints. Nothing, but nothing can be further from the truth. So far, I haven't made a single repainting adaptive indicator and there is no reason whatsoever for an adaptive indicator to repaint. None.

Thanks @mladen for your guidance.

Do you mean I use T3 (2 variations) + RSI?

neo269:
Thanks @mladen for your guidance. Do you mean I use T3 (2 variations) + RSI?

neo

Try them out

Compared to Hull, you shall find that T3 (even the regular one) has one advantage : it overshoots less. With adaptive version you are less sensitive to market changes.

For rsi : the regular rsi can be used for quick momentum changes (recommended rsi periods are always <= 10 - rsi tends to get flatter when period is longer) or use some of the changed rsi indicators (rsioma is not a bad indicator at all, for start)

Check for combinations. If the hull x 2 works for you, then do not change it (we can not know the exact way how you are using it - to paraphrase one famous troll at mt site "we are not mind readers" ). But I think that ideas flow that is going on here is a good thing and that is why I posted the additional post - the most important thing we have is to exchange ideas not "magic indicators and eas"

Can Hull be made adaptive?

tampa:
Can Hull be made adaptive?

Not really

The problem with Hull average is that it uses integer number of bars for calculation and that would make it not so smooth. Best "candidates" are those algorithms that do not require a rounded number for calculation (EMA and all its descendants, T3, smoother, super smoother, zero lag and so on ...)

@mladen Boss...you are encyclopedia of TA

Just a thought. For T3 - Is it possible to make it in same way you made last HMA indicator i.e. Alerts when color & direction is same?

Thanks!

neo269:
@mladen Boss...you are encyclopedia of TA

Just a thought. For T3 - Is it possible to make it in same way you made last HMA indicator i.e. Alerts when color & direction is same?

Thanks!

neo269

Did you try using 2 instances of adaptive t3 on the same chart?

You might find some interesting things that can happen when indicators are adaptive and when they are on the same chart

Reason: