Hull Moving Average - page 29

neo269:
Hi mladen

is there an HMA in which we can choose a pair which we want to display in such a way that HMA is displayed in indicator window & is independant to main window. some thing like

Main Window - EURUSD with colored HMA

Indicator Window - USDJPY with colored HMA.

Thanks!

Here is one indicator that can show data from other symbol + hull moving average of that same symbol : bar_chart__hull.mq4

Files:

Wow! Its exactly what I was looking for. Just a small request. Is it possible to get colored HMA on it. i.e. Red when falling & green when rising so that its easy to identify trend. thanks a lot.!!

neo269:
Wow! Its exactly what I was looking for. Just a small request. Is it possible to get colored HMA on it. i.e. Red when falling & green when rising so that its easy to identify trend. thanks a lot.!!

neo269

yes, it is possible. Will be made

Thanks a lot!!!

@mladen

I use HMA Crossover available in this thread. It works wonderfully but as with any Crossover strategy, Filtering out trades is a challenge. Would you suggest some indicator in conjunction with HMA Crossover so that I can minimize some false crossover alerts? Thanks!!

neo269:
@mladen I use HMA Crossover available in this thread. It works wonderfully but as with any Crossover strategy, Filtering out trades is a challenge. Would you suggest some indicator in conjunction with HMA Crossover so that I can minimize some false crossover alerts? Thanks!!

Use any other indicator that is not average cross based as a filter (never duplicate the way how the filter works and how the indicator that should be filtered works)

Thanks for your reply but I did not understand. Can you please give one or two examples?

does it mean that all 4 time frame indicators are not kosher?

neo269:
Thanks for your reply but I did not understand. Can you please give one or two examples?

Use stochastic for example to filter moving average

Pava:
does it mean that all 4 time frame indicators are not kosher?

They tend to lag a lot (if we apply the rule to use only closed bars signals)

Reason: