Stochastic Oscillator, the beginning - page 55

DSS of MACD

Double smoothed stochastic of MACD.

It is also an experiment, but it seems to be a productive one. See the comparison of the simple macd (lower) and DDS of that same MACD (upper). It seems to be detecting some kind of cycles quite good and it can be treated as a mixture of trend indicator with momentum indicator.

Needs some further experimenting to be done, but results at the first glance are not dismal (especially when William Blaus 32,5,5 ergodic parameters are used - see the second example)

Files:

hi digital can you share this stoachatic ea please .that great i saw result .i will be very thankful to you ..see u

graphicsvision1@gmail.com

mladen:
Double smoothed stochastic of MACD.

It is also an experiment, but it seems to be a productive one. See the comparison of the simple macd (lower) and DDS of that same MACD (upper). It seems to be detecting some kind of cycles quite good and it can be treated as a mixture of trend indicator with momentum indicator.

Needs some further experimenting to be done, but results at the first glance are not dismal (especially when William Blaus 32,5,5 ergodic parameters are used - see the second example)

Very interestingly.Thank you

tahir4awan:

hi digital can you share this stoachatic ea please .that great i saw result .i will be very thankful to you ..see u

graphicsvision1@gmail.com

tahir4awan

As far as I remember that picture is not a result of an EA

DSS of Kaufman AMA

This is a version of DSS that uses Kaufman AMA (adaptive moving average) as an input for calculation. Since Kaufman AMA is adaptive, it makes the DSS adaptive too, and makes it adapt to trends a bit more responsive.

PS: to clarify one thing - I have heard and read in quite a few posts from some "experts" that adaptive indicators repaint. Nothing can be further from the truth. There is no reason whatsoever that any adaptive indicator repaints. Adapting does not mean repainting and it never will mean that. So, no worries. The indicator, even though it is adaptive (implicitly through the usage of adaptive moving average), is not repainting and will never repaint

Stochastic ROC

Stochastic ROC (by Apprentice)

Indicator is based on Stochastic Indicator.

If Type 0 is used formula is StochasticROC=((Stochastic(Now) -Stochastic(Prev))

If Type 1 is used formula is StochasticROC=((Stochastic(Now) -Stochastic(Prev)) /Stochastic(Prev))*100;
Files:

I'm a new member. I'm looking for the best stochastic indicator that use for H1. Could you advise me on this.

Sorry for my poor english.

Try dss (it tends to show cycles on a 1 hour chart clearly)

Stochastic fast and stochastic slow (by apprentice)

Files:
sfk.mq4  3 kb
ssd.mq4  4 kb

Hi MrTools

I try your indicator and I find it very interesting

Can you explain how you calculate that

If I don't write some mistake

To calculate the DSS, the formula is:

indic=exponentialaverage[r]((close-lowest[n](low))/(highest[n](high)-lowest[n](low)))

DSS=100*exponentialaverage[r]((indic-lowest[n](indic))/(highest[n](indic)-lowest[n](indic)))

So, do you replace close, low, and high by the RSX ?

Thanks a lot for your next answer

Zilliq

mrtools:
Hello Shtopr, Hope I understood added mtf.
Reason: