Hull Moving Average - page 28

Hi mladen,

is it possible to make your own hull indicator "HMA Color nrp & alerts + arrows 2" multi timeframe ???

Would be very nice, if you could do that, thanks.

Regards

wolf300:
Hi mladen,

is it possible to make your own hull indicator "HMA Color nrp & alerts + arrows 2" multi timeframe ???

Would be very nice, if you could do that, thanks.

Regards

Hi Wolf300, there's one here: https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/173574/page563

mrtools:
Hi Wolf300, there's one here: https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/173574/page563

Hi mrtools,

very nice of you, thank you so much. One question to a pro: Lines for the higher timeframe are displayed in a kind of

zigzag way. I guess this is just the way it is and has nothing to do with accuracy, right?

Please don t get this question wrong (any of you pro-coders !!) without you guys we poor amateurs would be helpless.

And one last question : With all the thousands of indis in here, when and where will be THE one combination to get rich at least ??? LOL ... Just kidding...it is not the indi or the combi of them, it is the ability of the trader to trade and ride the signals, accept the losers and count the winners. All psychological.

Thanks mrtools

wolf300:
Hi mrtools,

very nice of you, thank you so much. One question to a pro: Lines for the higher timeframe are displayed in a kind of

zigzag way. I guess this is just the way it is and has nothing to do with accuracy, right?

Please don t get this question wrong (any of you pro-coders !!) without you guys we poor amateurs would be helpless.

And one last question : With all the thousands of indis in here, when and where will be THE one combination to get rich at least ??? LOL ... Just kidding...it is not the indi or the combi of them, it is the ability of the trader to trade and ride the signals, accept the losers and count the winners. All psychological.

Thanks mrtools

wolf300

Higher time frame is display in a step like way (if it would bee a zigzag way then it would be a problem). That display is displaying the exact values of hull average of the higher time frame for the bars that belong to higher time frame bar. All is OK with it

Hi mladen, how are you?

I am sure everything is OK with your indi. Was just wondering why it shows zigzag lines in the M1 when it is set to timeframe M5.

Just my curiosity :-) never mind.

Working with it whole morning and it looks very good.

Thank you for another good indi !!!

wolf300:
Hi mladen, how are you?

I am sure everything is OK with your indi. Was just wondering why it shows zigzag lines in the M1 when it is set to timeframe M5.

You mean like this : https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/173574/page602

PS: the interpolation that is used in multi time frame versions and that is floating around are more or less made in that form by me some 7 years ago - see this for explanation (also, quite a few interpolated versions of moving averages are posted in the public sections - here is one version posted 4 years ago : https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/173574 ).

wolf300:
Hi mladen, how are you?

PPS: the indicator that you were mentioning (I removed the link to the site since that is a commercial site) is repainting . See it in current time frame with some examples where it repainted :

So, I would be careful when using those indicators since it seems that all are suffering from that same problem

Files:
repainting.gif  79 kb

Thanks mladen for the explanation and removing the site (my mistake)

You brought it to the point: Be careful using those indicators....

Hard to find useful MA`s to make a working combination out of them. I thought hull mtf is a good idea.

Regards

wolf300:
Thanks mladen for the explanation and removing the site (my mistake)

You brought it to the point: Be careful using those indicators....

Hard to find useful MA`s to make a working combination out of them. I thought hull mtf is a good idea.

Regards

wolf300

Here is one version of Hull moving average with interpolation (this version does not repaint) : hull_moving_average_2_interpolated.ex4

Hi mladen

is there an HMA in which we can choose a pair which we want to display in such a way that HMA is displayed in indicator window & is independant to main window. some thing like

Main Window - EURUSD with colored HMA

Indicator Window - USDJPY with colored HMA.

Thanks!

Reason: