Hull Moving Average - page 34

I am also looking for an indicator that will be reasonably reliable in determining a ranging market. I am writing an EA that would use two different trading methods should the market be ranging or trending. I recognize nothing is perfect but I would like to have your input as to what is the best so far in your opinion.

"Are you aware of a better indicator for this." - I've heard that "The Holy Grail" wasn't bad...

Pava:
"Are you aware of a better indicator for this." - I've heard that "The Holy Grail" wasn't bad...

Very Clever.

mladen. Going back to my original post, I realize the values are calculated using double precision internally however when you place the indicator on the chart you can see that the indicators values are only displayed as four digits both on the chart and in the data window.

All modern indicators, Fractals, MA included in Metatrader etc. display 5 digits. Therefore, it would seem to me that there is rounding happening in this and other older indicators, at least when the values are used on the chart. It may not make any difference but I cannot make the connection as to how the modern indicators display the correct number of digits for the broker versus this indicator for example.

Renamed hull trendlord.mq4

Files:
trendlord.mq4  3 kb

poster:
Renamed hull trendlord.mq4

It had to be a "lord"

mladen:
Hull moving average 2 (the version in which you can control the "speed") with a possibility to draw horizontal lines (and a number of lines that should be drawn) that is already a multi time frame version with alerts : hull_moving_average_2.0_amp_sr_lines.mq4

I find the HMA 2.0 & SR lines very helpful but i would love to make the downtrend a dotted line as this is visually more noticeable for me (as I run multiple HMA's on the same chart. The indicator does not like anything other than a full line and I do not have the coding skills to make this amendment. I do have another HMA indicator which does allow me to change it to a dotted line on an active chart but as soon as I move off and then return to the chart it reverts to the standard settings.

So, can anyone help by modifying HMA2 to enable different line styles and ensure they remain on the chart when saved as a template.

Thanks for your help

cliffyg:
I find the HMA 2.0 & SR lines very helpful but i would love to make the downtrend a dotted line as this is visually more noticeable for me (as I run multiple HMA's on the same chart. The indicator does not like anything other than a full line and I do not have the coding skills to make this amendment. I do have another HMA indicator which does allow me to change it to a dotted line on an active chart but as soon as I move off and then return to the chart it reverts to the standard settings.

So, can anyone help by modifying HMA2 to enable different line styles and ensure they remain on the chart when saved as a template.

Thanks for your help

cliffyg

Here you go : hull_moving_average_2.1_amp_sr_lines.mq4

PS: lines are handled by the indicator. If you save it as a template, indicator will update the state of the lines according to the parameters settings and current hull values - it can not leave the lines unattended - otherwise there would be achaos (if I understood what do you mean by "ensure they remain on the chart when saved as a template". For that you have to draw line(s) manually

Firebird hma

firebird_hma_mi4.mq4

Files:

All hull ma version 3.2 : allhullma_v3.2.mq4

Files:
Reason: