Need help indentifying indicator - page 230

It is a smoothed RSI indi. When both RSI periods are higher than 14 they don't differ much, only in amplitude (what means the zero-crossing of both are equal). RSI14 and RSI8 maybe, but you must test it and it is no signal. There are so many false signals. And I would recommend you to take two RSX, if at all. I'm no friend of crosses of indicators. You never find it in acknowledged literature that a cross of e.g. two MAs is a sign for entry (you can ask yourself why). You see momentum and trend strength when you look at the slope of both and the distance (channel width) to each other, but what do a cross say? It says that you are too late for the turning point and too early for a trend. Ok, RSI is a momentum indicator but NTL you let a lot of pips in the market and when you open your position the market can turn very quickly. This is pure gambling, especially with the volatile RSI.

krelian99:
It is a smoothed RSI indi. When both RSI periods are higher than 14 they don't differ much,................................... especially with the volatile RSI.

Traderob28,

as Krelian said and he is so right on his saying,rsx is better than rsi and crossing means,the first one already averaging/approximating when you apply second one for cross it means the second some more averaging,plus crossing at next first or second candle...all is all,averaging +averaging+crossing = far away than actual turning,and you or any one can not control it,you must leave some thing on table,...on the other hand,do not stuck on your thinking and saying only,be flexible to learn and achieve................you asked for slow rsi,that is it,right ? it is 2 instances of one same rsi,as for same or crossing some thing else,you just showed a tiny/mirco piece of your illustration so hard and difficult to asses,i don't know why peoples are miser for their own needs even,lol,might be laterly you could ask,is it profiting ,lol.:)

regards

krelian99:
It is a smoothed RSI indi. When both RSI periods are higher than 14 they don't differ much, only in amplitude (what means the zero-crossing of both are equal). RSI14 and RSI8 maybe, but you must test it and it is no signal. There are so many false signals. And I would recommend you to take two RSX, if at all. I'm no friend of crosses of indicators. You never find it in acknowledged literature that a cross of e.g. two MAs is a sign for entry (you can ask yourself why). You see momentum and trend strength when you look at the slope of both and the distance (channel width) to each other, but what do a cross say? It says that you are too late for the turning point and too early for a trend. Ok, RSI is a momentum indicator but NTL you let a lot of pips in the market and when you open your position the market can turn very quickly. This is pure gambling, especially with the volatile RSI.

Just one addition/observation :

All serious studies are recommending that RSI periods above 10 should not be used (because RSI is "flattened" with longer periods). That is valid for RSX too (since RSX is a "smoother RSI"). Rsi is a part of momentum family of indicators, we should treat them as such (not as trend family of indicators - at least that is my opinion)

I am not talking about things like rsioma or composite rsi this time (they are too different from the rsi itself, so we should think of them as different family of indicators).

mladen:

Just one addition/observation :

All serious studies are recommending that RSI periods above 10 should not be used (because RSI is "flattened" with longer periods). That is valid for RSX too (since RSX is a "smoother RSI"). Rsi is a part of momentum family of indicators, we should treat them as such (not as trend family of indicators - at least that is my opinion)

I am not talking about things like rsioma or composite rsi this time (they are too different from the rsi itself, so we should think of them as different family of indicators).

Dearest MLADEN,

thank you for useful and wonderful information/explanation about rsi and rsx,why we should stuck on our poor thinking and observation,why not to learn from your saying and experience.

regards

wow so many information....

thank you for this overview

we never stop learning.

please advise about the better CSM now available for purchase if it can be made a free version:

here are the notes of the thread author:

"Some note about Momentum we do not like to mix it up. We have 3 levels of momentum.
  1. momentum of a pair (which is build of base and quote currency)
  2. momentum of a currency (which is calculated of 7 pairs)
  3. momentum of Market (which is calculated of 8 currencies)"

"first a fix of 0 to 100 is not good. It does not show you details when it goes into extreme levels.

second it starts all lines from null, thats absolutely wrong.

3rd I invented a special calculation"

ok there is a picture of the pay version

Files:

yourthebest:
ok there is a picture of the pay version

As far as I see, that is CCFP indicator

mladen:
As far as I see, that is CCFP indicator

Yes. It looks like an amended version of that indicator. Indications are that apparently it is not using "0 -100" and not using "null." i'm not a coder. i was wondering what's is the difference, exactly, and if a free version may be be an improvement in the design. Thanks for the answer.

Yourthebest

yourthebest:

Yes. It looks like an amended version of that indicator. Indications are that apparently it is not using "0 -100" and not using "null." i'm not a coder. i was wondering what's is the difference, exactly, and if a free version may be be an improvement in the design. Thanks for the answer.

Yourthebest

CCFp is not a bound indicator (it is not in a 0 to 100 range), so that there might be a little change version of what can be found in the elite indicators thread (with the lines on crossings included)

Reason: