T3 - page 19

It seems to tell us something...

Be careful though- the shift will shift

I think if this works on smaller Tf's we probably should delete al our posts- lol

I would still like the T3 trendstrength version- I thought maybe I can figure out what you did to the stochastics and do it myself but no, for now I only understand basic cosmetics.

Thanks for another fun toy.

T3 stochastic bars ...

Try out this version instead. It draws the bars instead

Here is a comparison of the two with default settings. It has the same parameters as the "regular" version only the shift is left out (I think that it would have no meaning in this "bars" version)

deensta:
Hey Mladen,

Could you possibly add arrows to the chart on crossover functionality?

Many thanks

Mladen...Got a question. Visually the curve starts where I made marks...is it the limitation of the platform to not be able to detect small change in slowing/accelerating of curvature of the line to make it different color?

Files:
a.jpg  30 kb

Pava

In cases like that always check values in data window. Only there you will see the exact values for those points and only then you will see the exact slope and indicator values. Visual is tricky (first of all it is pixel limited) and I have spent some time in data window simply because I let my eyes lead me instead of exact data

In comparison when slope is determined (or signal to main line comparison) double values are used and there is no real sensitivity limit in that kind of comparison (according to metatrader documentation double values can be in range of -1.7 * e-308 to 1.7 * e308 and since I do not use rounding in comparison, we can freely assume that we do not need more precise comparison for 2 consecutive values, at least that part of mql we can rely on )

Pava:
Mladen...Got a question. Visually the curve starts where I made marks...is it the limitation of the platform to not be able to detect small change in slowing/accelerating of curvature of the line to make it different color?

wish I understand what you just said...but unfortunately I don't:)...somewhat...

(at work I am dealing mainly w/pixels)

Mladen...will it be possible for you to put an average line, like the one you did for RSI...the smooth one...on T3 Stochastic v2?..or to make it like a Corridor Stochastic...

Is it possible to create indicator using T3 Stochastic...that measures distance between the main curve and the dotted red line...so that result will be as in picture "b"...and may be make it for 2 additional higher time frames?

The idea is to have curve-up for each directional move...is there any indicators like that?...anyone knows?

Files:
b.jpg  31 kb
a_1.jpg  58 kb

mladen:
Here is this one.

Some more options added : it can use the original Tim Tillson T3 (T3Original set to true) or modified Fulks-Matulich mode (T3Original set to false), it can color on slope change or stochastic/signal line crosses (a trend). Also, T3 period can be fractional (I just like that T3 does not have to have integer periods for calculation )

PS: moved your post here since I think it is better to keep it here (in a thread dedicated to T3)

Mladen...How do I make T3 Stochastic work on "open" price?

Pava

That indicator uses the built in stochastic. In the built in stochastic indicator there are only 2 price fields (the "Price" parameter) :

0 - low/high

1 - close/close

It would need a completely different stochastic calculation in order to be able to use open in calculation

Pava:
Mladen...How do I make T3 Stochastic work on "open" price?

mladen:
Pava

That indicator uses the built in stochastic. In the built in stochastic indicator there are only 2 price fields (the "Price" parameter) :

0 - low/high

1 - close/close

It would need a completely different stochastic calculation in order to be able to use open in calculation

Shoot!...it makes me nervous, when the tail wags constantly!:)...O'h well...

Reason: