Experts: RUBBERBANDS_3 EA

RUBBERBANDS_3 EA:

This EA is intended to be less prone to big drawdowns than former RUBBERBANDS EA and RUBBERBANDS_2 EA. Awaiting for your comments and suggestions for improvement.

Author: StJojo

thanks for all your good work!

no profit for a long term....sorry

maby a idea :-)

when you lose x pips on stoploss

wait a x seconds / hours to open new orders

then double the lots or profit tarket like universum 4

thank you

Hello my friend
Wonderful job

why not use multiply

Lots_Multiply_Factor=2;//to multiply by last order lot

I wish you success and thank you for sharing with us your thoughts .

I was looking forward to the release of this. For the creator, can you get this to test profitable? If so how? Thanks

Hi there. I'm sorry and I have to adimit that this EA is not up to anybody's expectations. I've been doing lots of "head games" for improvements, though ... to no avail. Well, I will update this one by implementing your ideas and suggestions. Currently, I'm using the initial RUBBERBANDS for live trading, which is the most profitable among three. Anyway we have to reduce risks associated with any EA.

mtkhreb:

Hello my friend
Wonderful job

why not use multiply

Lots_Multiply_Factor=2;//to multiply by last order lot

I wish you success and thank you for sharing with us your thoughts .

Hi there, I like your RUBBERBANDS_v3 very much. But I saw many EA's which use multiplication of lots and simply increase losses. Now I hope that you and your friend will implement your idea to refine your RUBBERBANDS. Meanwhile, I wiil continue my job.

Hi all, excuse my english, i am italian and i need to translate everything tat is written in english. Dearest friend, i tried with great difficulty to operate manually simulating an EA which had the following operation, i'd know if you can create your version 3 RB? The operation is very simple, we need to open two locations in one buy and one to sell. When one arrives at a gain of + 10$ you have to close that location and open only one of the same sign in order to be closed before it was losing money but that could be recovered and the second that gives us the gain in case payment continue in the one just closed. Another variant could be that the closure of one of the other two were reopened, and two, one sell and one to buy.

hulspas:

thanks for all your good work!

no profit for a long term....sorry

maby a idea :-)

when you lose x pips on stoploss

wait a x seconds / hours to open new orders

then double the lots or profit tarket like universum 4

thank you

It is true when you say "no profit for a long term". If we set "backstep"=0, and "use_sessionSL"=false, this EA works just like the initial RUBBERBANDS, which is the best performing among three RUBBERBANDS. I downloaded universum 3 (not universum 4, which I could not find) and tested it with Strategy Tester..but it also posted big losses. So, I will implement your suggestions as follows:

- when we lose x pips on stoploss

- wait a x seconds / hours to open new orders

- then double or increase the <!--//lots or//--> profit take.

metalriff:

I was looking forward to the release of this. For the creator, can you get this to test profitable? If so how? Thanks

Sorry for this EA's poor performance. I will update it by implementing many friends' ideas and suggestions as appropriate. I wonder if you have any.

henrycol69:

Hi all, excuse my english, i am italian and i need to translate everything tat is written in english. Dearest friend, i tried with great difficulty to operate manually simulating an EA which had the following operation, i'd know if you can create your version 3 RB? The operation is very simple, we need to open two locations in one buy and one to sell. When one arrives at a gain of + 10$ you have to close that location and open only one of the same sign in order to be closed before it was losing money but that could be recovered and the second that gives us the gain in case payment continue in the one just closed. Another variant could be that the closure of one of the other two were reopened, and two, one sell and one to buy.

Hi, thank you for your idea. The first part of your method is almost the same as this EA when you set "pipstep"="backstep"=pips equivalent to 10$. As for the second part ("Another variant"), it would be the same when you close all orders when one order takes profit, and start over.

Cuold you tell me wich are the optimal parameters to test this EA? I have played with M5, M15 and M30 timeframes and I am always getting a 20% loss.

Reason: