jhanley:
Hi Tom,

I have been forward testing Terminator on demo the last few days and

it has been doing fine. I was wondering if there is any problem in closing

positions manually just so margin requirements don't get out of hand. I mean

will Terminator adjust accordingly and start over at .1

Thanks,

Jim

Yes - if all positions on a pair are closed it will start all over at 0.1 lots.

tom

Hi Tom,

A couple of questions if you don't mind.

First is it possible for Terminator to open 5 orders, all buys incrementing from

.2 to 3.2. Well actually it is possible because it's doing it but should it

be doing it?

Secondly, Are you trading this live and if not is there any reason why this

can't be traded live at this point.

So far over the last 4 days Terminator has been chugging along earning about

$500 a day.

Many thanks to you for all your efforts Tom!

Jim

jhanley:
Hi Tom,

A couple of questions if you don't mind.

First is it possible for Terminator to open 5 orders, all buys incrementing from

.2 to 3.2. Well actually it is possible because it's doing it but should it

be doing it?

Secondly, Are you trading this live and if not is there any reason why this

can't be traded live at this point.

So far over the last 4 days Terminator has been chugging along earning about

$500 a day.

Many thanks to you for all your efforts Tom!

Jim

I'm not sure I understand the first question. Do you want to open all buys or do you not want to open all buys? If you want to go only long or only short on any given currency pair, that setting is in the common tab of the EA property settings. (press F7) If you only want to open 5 trades, set Maxtrades=5. If you do that, you may want to also adjust Orderstoprotect= setting. This is explained more on post #47 on this thread. Changing Lots= setting to 0.2 will give you the following progression for 5 trades:

1. 0.2 lots

2. 0.4

3. 0.8

4. 1.6

5. 3.2

I'm opting out on answering whether I'm trading live with this EA. If a person were to trade using this EA, it is a choice and responsibility only each individual can make for him/herself. The reasons to do so or not rest entirely with each individual.

However, as a suggestion, don't rush into it. Demo it thoroughly through forward testing under circumstances you might trade it live, including the broker, account balance, leverage, lot size (micro/mini), currency pairs, etc for at least a couple of months.

tom

Ducati:
What parameters does the EA need to see before it closes a position. I see many positions close at a loss after only doubling up once. They are small losses, but I am curious what parameters triggers a premature close? Thanks

PM me your settings for the relevant currency pair.

tom

Why does it close?

What parameters does the EA need to see before it closes a position. I see many positions close at a loss after only doubling up once. They are small losses, but I am curious what parameters triggers a premature close?

Also, I was thinking that the TP should be made smaller and smaller the larger the lot sizes. If TP starts at say 40 for .1 lot, then for .2 lots it is 20, .4 is 10, .8 is 5, 1.6 is breakeven, etc. That way, as the position increases, there is more safety to getting out at a small profit or small loss.

Just a thought.

crazy_forex:
hi tom,

what leverage is currently you using for your live acc and the demo forward testing you posted statement. ?

currently im using leverage 100:1 on live acc. how does leverage can optimze my account.

thank you

tom

The demo account I'm using has 1:400 leverage. Higher leverage just means one is using less of one's own margin and has more free margin available if necessary. This would be more significant in lower balance accounts depending on lot size traded.

As stated in the readme file, having enough money to stay in the game lessens the risk.

tom

Leverage

hi tom,

what leverage is currently you using for your live acc and the demo forward testing you posted statement. ?

currently im using leverage 100:1 on live acc. how does leverage can optimze my account.

thank you

CF

tmaneval:
I'm not sure I understand the first question. Do you want to open all buys or do you not want to open all buys? If you want to go only long or only short on any given currency pair, that setting is in the common tab of the EA property settings. (press F7) If you only want to open 5 trades, set Maxtrades=5. If you do that, you may want to also adjust Orderstoprotect= setting. This is explained more on post #47 on this thread. Changing Lots= setting to 0.2 will give you the following progression for 5 trades:

1. 0.2 lots

2. 0.4

3. 0.8

4. 1.6

5. 3.2

I'm opting out on answering whether I'm trading live with this EA. If a person were to trade using this EA, it is a choice and responsibility only each individual can make for him/herself. The reasons to do so or not rest entirely with each individual.

However, as a suggestion, don't rush into it. Demo it thoroughly through forward testing under circumstances you might trade it live, including the broker, account balance, leverage, lot size (micro/mini), currency pairs, etc for at least a couple of months.

tom

Thanks Tom

I guess I didn't really understand how the progression worked. In a typical martingale the losing trade would be closed out before the next progression. Which is not the case with Terminator. That is what got me confused as I thought it wasn't working correctly.

In anycase my forward testing continues. Terminator is consistently earning about $600 per day.

jhanley:
Thanks Tom

I guess I didn't really understand how the progression worked. In a typical martingale the losing trade would be closed out before the next progression. Which is not the case with Terminator. That is what got me confused as I thought it wasn't working correctly.

In anycase my forward testing continues. Terminator is consistently earning about $600 per day.

What is your current capital level to generate $600/day, and what is your initial lot size setting? Also, which pairs are you testing and which one(s) seem to be the most profitable? I'm forward testing as well, but I'm not seeing that kind of performance. Thanks for the feedback.

jhanley:
Thanks Tom

Also, what broker do you use?

Reason: