Arbitrage - page 18

Mathemat:
I still couldn't figure out what the reason for the frenzied success of this EA was.

It's just another such "PARADOX"! ;o)

Paha:

I am testing online since 23.04 with 3000 ha on 5-minute, twenty-four hours a day. I have made dozens of deals a day on four currencies, broken down by pairs. If the number of open, negative orders exceeds 3, I enter the manual mode to confirm the order (for now). I got only positive emotions from this EA.
If in a month will have the same results, maybe I will start it for real.

The real should be opened with large leverage right away. 1:100 is not good. And MT does not allow more than 1:100 on the demo.
I have watched how Expert Advisors trade and it is clear that if the deposit is small, there is not enough free margin. Not enough because it is spent on margin. In terms of equity drawdown much less margin is lost. This is why you should open an account with higher leverage. The higher the leverage, the lower the collateral.

usdjpy:
The higher the leverage, the lower the security deposit.
and the quicker the deposit is blown away by a sudden movement ;o) (Don't forget to have funds to support unprofitable positions)

Mathemat писал (а):

Show me an example of a "simple", really stable and profitable system - and I will agree with you. But please note that I am highly sceptical of such "proof" of its stability as results of history testing and even optimization. The only view in which I am willing to consider it is its open source code.
That's an interesting position to take. And can I, purely out of curiosity, ask what methods are used to evaluate the effectiveness of the source code?

As long as I'm not writing any code I still cannot get to a level where I can say at once if another TS will be effective or not until I perform rigorous testing. If you could tell me how to do it directly from the source code, I would save about 3-4 days for each new EA.

So far, the most important indicator of stability for me is a small variance of test results on different periods of history, as well as a small variance of results in some small range (relative to their optimum values) of all input parameters.

solandr:
usdjpy:
The higher the leverage, the lower the deposit.
and the quicker the deposit will be blown away by some sudden movement ;o) (Don't forget to have funds to support losing positions)
Another nerd. Doesn't know that leverage only affects the amount of margin.

usdjpy:
Another nerd. Doesn't know that leverage only affects the size of the deposit.
Another brilliant saying! :o) In general, the flow of paradoxes will probably never end here ;o)

solandr:
usdjpy:
Another genius saying! :o)
I'm telling you you're a nerd.

Open two $1000 accounts with different leverage of 1:100 and 1:200. On both, open 1 lot each on audusd or nzdusd. And see how 100 pips against an open position deflates both depots regardless of leverage.

usdjpy:

Open two $1000 accounts with different leverage of 1:100 and 1:200. On both, open 1 lot each on audusd or nzdusd. And see how 100 pips against an open position deflates both depots regardless of leverage.

Better yet, do this experiment:
Open two 2000USD accounts with different leverage of 1:100 and 1:200. In both of them, open 1 lot each on audusd or nzdusd. And you will see that the 1:100 account will be deflated 200 pips against the position, while the 1:200 account will be deflated 100 pips. Do you understand the difference? Accordingly, if you increase the leverage, more funds are required to maintain the loss on the position until it is forcibly closed according to the trading rules. (Although, this information is only available to the "nerds". From the rest it is carefully hidden ;o))

usdjpy:
solandr:
usdjpy:
Another genius saying! :o)

In this experiment the 1:200 account will be deflated after 50 pips, the 1:100 account only after 100 pips against the position.

solandr:

(Although this information is only available to "nerds". From the rest it is carefully hidden ;o))

No, it is simpler than that - "non-nerds" lose their deposits too quickly to feel the difference, which has already been explained to us in detail :)
Reason: