CyberiaTrader..an amazing EA! - page 15

My testing with version 1.88

You guys are doing a great job here. I look forward to a real live version of this EA.

I have been happily playing with v1.88 with some great results and recently opened an account with COESFX. On my previous copy of MT4 supplied by StrategyBuilderFX, I ended up with a report substantially different from the MT4 supplied by COESFX.

Take a look at them. The StrategyBuilderFX has a report with a profit of $150,059.44, where the exact same settings from the COESFX MT4 has a profit of $4,063.28. Of course I might have overlooked something, but if I did, I can't find it.

Pretty interesting. I double checked the settings in the EA between the two programs, even loading the saved settings from the good report... of course the COESFX is the version that has the live account attached, lol.

Files:

Setting for above...

Thought this might help. The setting file mentioned in the previous post. Rename .zip to .set

Files:
v1.88.zip  3 kb

Forest,

Sorry to break this to you but you need modeling quality to be 90% or higher for your results to carry much weight. Right now your results show the modeling quality to be around 30%.

If you do go live with this, please let us know how it goes. Are you going with standard lots through COESFX or are you doing mini lots with them?

Oh, I know Dee. I am just fiddling around. I have been live testing a bit too, with pretty good results, but this was done sitting at the puter this afternoon while I am tweaking some of the settings.

My main focus was the difference between the two platform providers.

I did download some M1 data and will try to get that modeling quality up higher in the future.

I will be trading standard lots with COESFX. I have the account funded, I have just been focusing on my emini account lately.

Error in CCI logic...

All,

A short introduction: My name is Carl. I have been a programmer for over 20 years, mostly in proprietary languages. I have been trading FOREX for about 2 years and have just now found your great forum. I definitely want to learn how to use/program MT4. I have been a developer of financial timing software for the past 9 years, with a major project to come on-line with Investment Advisors soon. As I close that project, I will dive in with MT4. I have some ideas...

At first glance of CyberiaTrader v1.85 which is fascinating program, the CCI logic needs to be fixed...

int AskCCI ()

{

if (iCCI( NULL, 0, 13, PRICE_TYPICAL, 0) < -100)

DisableSell = true;

if (iCCI( NULL, 0, 13, PRICE_TYPICAL, 0) > 1000)

DisableBuy = true;

return (0);

}

the '> 1000' needs to be changed to '> 100'. CCI rarely goes below/above -200/200.

This is a great forum. Thanks for letting me be part of it. I look forward to contributing in the future.

crodzilla:
All,

A short introduction: My name is Carl. I have been a programmer for over 20 years, mostly in proprietary languages. I have been trading FOREX for about 2 years and have just now found your great forum. I definitely want to learn how to use/program MT4. I have been a developer of financial timing software for the past 9 years, with a major project to come on-line with Investment Advisors soon. As I close that project, I will dive in with MT4. I have some ideas...

At first glance of CyberiaTrader v1.85 which is fascinating program, the CCI logic needs to be fixed...

int AskCCI ()

{

if (iCCI( NULL, 0, 13, PRICE_TYPICAL, 0) < -100)

DisableSell = true;

if (iCCI( NULL, 0, 13, PRICE_TYPICAL, 0) > 1000)

DisableBuy = true;

return (0);

}

the '> 1000' needs to be changed to '> 100'. CCI rarely goes below/above -200/200.

This is a great forum. Thanks for letting me be part of it. I look forward to contributing in the future.

Thanks for finding this crodzilla. Must have been a mistype. I have incorporated the fix in the beta version I am working on at the moment. I will post it after I do some debugging and forward testing. Please post any other suspicious code that you find. Everything helps!

evaluating a concept

I am considering permanently adding a new concept in CyberiaTrader in addition to the Pivot_day filter. As you all know larger price ranges follow narrow ranges and vice-versa. The ATR is a perfect indicator for this. In order to be more successful with the entered trades CT can enter only on narrower ranges which give a higher probability that the profit will be reached faster and more successful. I am testing this now in the beta version with good results, but before I implement it, I wanted some feedback. What do you think?

Also can somebody post the normalization code for the iATR? scale 0-100 and we should enter only when the ATR (normalized) is under 50. Thanks!

Could you incorporate one more thing...

I changed the comment line to throw all the Quant numbers onto the screen. I have absolutely no idea what in the world they mean but hopefully it will leap out one day and I will understand why an order was entered.

//Comment(comment_line);

Comment(comment_line,

"\n SellPossibilityMid*SellPossibilityQuality: ", SellPossibilityMid*SellPossibilityQuality,

"\n BuyPossibilityMid*BuyPossibilityQuality: ", BuyPossibilityMid*BuyPossibilityQuality,

"\n UndefinedPossibilityMid*UndefinedPossibilityQuality: ", UndefinedPossibilityMid*UndefinedPossibilityQuality,

"\n UndefinedSucPossibilityQuality: ", UndefinedSucPossibilityQuality,

"\n SellSucPossibilityQuality: ", SellSucPossibilityQuality,

"\n BuySucPossibilityQuality: ", BuySucPossibilityQuality,

"\n UndefinedPossibilityQuality: ", UndefinedPossibilityQuality,

"\n SellPossibilityQuality: ", SellPossibilityQuality,

"\n BuyPossibilityQuality: ", BuyPossibilityQuality,

"\n UndefinedSucPossibilityMid: ", UndefinedSucPossibilityMid,

"\n SellSucPossibilityMid: ", SellSucPossibilityMid,

"\n BuySucPossibilityMid: ", BuySucPossibilityMid,

"\n UndefinedPossibilityMid: ", UndefinedPossibilityMid,

"\n SellPossibilityMid: ", SellPossibilityMid,

"\n BuyPossibilityMid: ", BuyPossibilityMid

);

fxspeedster:
I am considering permanently adding a new concept in CyberiaTrader in addition to the Pivot_day filter. As you all know larger price ranges follow narrow ranges and vice-versa. The ATR is a perfect indicator for this. In order to be more successful with the entered trades CT can enter only on narrower ranges which give a higher probability that the profit will be reached faster and more successful. I am testing this now in the beta version with good results, but before I implement it, I wanted some feedback. What do you think? Also can somebody post the normalization code for the iATR? scale 0-100 and we should enter only when the ATR (normalized) is under 50. Thanks!

Hi,

I tried to create Normalized ATR but I think it's not so simple task.

So you can try to play with inputs.

Igor

PS. Sorry but bug was in the code. Fixed.

Files:

Hi!

I began to analyse all code of cyberia and it's really strange.

It gets marketinfo or calculate spread many times per start function call.

Has anyone understood how FindSuitablePeriod() works and what do you think of it?

Please look how it calculates decision value ( CalculatePossibility() ). For me this EA can only works on M1 TF (because of decision value calculation) and I wonder if there is not any error in decision expression.

Jojo

Reason: