Posting backtesting result --- Need expert comments on quality.

Here is the backtesting result of an EA ready to be released for forward testing.

The modelling quality shows 90%. Do you think this EA can match real time trades?

Thanks.

Backtest looks realistic. Averages about 120 pips per week for the last 2.5 years. This is a variation of the WSS EA?

You are right. This is the new version. Contact me for more details.

Hi takechance

I see something weird on your report:

Backtesting period is 2007.01.02 - 2007.01.18 but I can see that most of the trades were not taken in this period.

I don't trust this report. Do a backtest for the last week and compare the trades with the trades from the above posted report.

cucurucu:
Hi takechance

I see something weird on your report:

Backtesting period is 2007.01.02 - 2007.01.18 but I can see that most of the trades were not taken in this period.

I don't trust this report. Do a backtest for the last week and compare the trades with the trades from the above posted report.

You are right curucucu, that is very strange, where do these dates comes from?

Takechance, It seems that the header doesn't fit with the data below; Have you modified something yourself in the report?

And the expert looks very much like a Breakout system very well known (like Hans one's). I think I have this expert on my hard disk. Anyway this expert is very easy to do;

So what is your purpose? I am smelling something not very clear.

After you all pointed out this interesting thing I have written to the owner of this EA and waiting his response.

I will get back to you soon.

Okay,

After I spoke to the author he did the test again after some modifications in the EA and here are the latest reports.

Please have a closer look and comment.

Is it possible that an EA with very good profitability in backtest with 90% modelling quality can prove to be a total failure in real time?

If yes then why do people do backtest at all?

Reason: