Great EA in backtest! - page 97

TP doesn't work properly.

I have a question.

Why do I get these errors while backtesting using a preset TP setting?

2006.10.23 12:09:26 2006.04.17 14:31 cyberiatrader1_185f USDJPY,H1: ErrorValues:Symbol=USDJPY,Lots=0.1,Bid=117.65,Ask=117.68,SlipPage=1StopLoss=117.53,TakeProfit=15

USDJPY,H1: Error on the Long Entry: 130

Does anyone have a solution? I think it's all because the EA uses it's own logic in definition of a TP level. If so then what for do we have the "TP" setting available?

to Dave

I noticed that your modification of CCI parameters cuts the number of trades by a half or 2/3. Although it reduces drawdown (mostly for EUR from my backtests, for JPY I would suggest use of the developers' parameters for CCI /lower drawdown % in my backtests/) it also reduces Profit Factor and overall Profit. My question is what do we need first to achieve a long term profitability: high number of trades (as we rely on the EA to choose the TP level) or 1/3 of possible trades with the lower drawdown % and much less profit gained?

Thanks for your development efforts!

Regards, ASpirit.

ASpirit:

Why do I get these errors while backtesting using a preset TP setting?

I should also add that the EA doesn't take only long orders. Everything is fine with the short ones.

ASpirit.

No trades for 2 days on USDJPY. Is that consistent with what anyone else is getting or do I have something wrong?

tururo:
No trades for 2 days on USDJPY. Is that consistent with what anyone else is getting or do I have something wrong?

post what your using I'll look

xxDavidxSxx:
post what your using I'll look

Here are my settings. I am using 1.85h further modified to calculate autolots so that it doesn't count the trades from other experts. The lots were coming out around 0.25. I have now switched back to static lots to see if that makes a difference, but it shouldn't.

Files:

tururo:

I'm using the one david posted, and i had a trade today, it was a losing one, but it still made a trade...

YupYup:
I'm using the one david posted, and i had a trade today, it was a losing one, but it still made a trade...

I have had 3 now today,1 loss 2 wins

I've had no JPY trades for two days either. Currently using close to David's settings for JPY.

ASpirit.

I'm using Neiumex as my broker and its a demo account

Today's (Monday) $JPY trades...

FXDD Demo: 1 trade (CCI and Pivot filter on)

FXDD Demo: 2 trades (filter disabled)

IBFX Live: 0 trades (filter disabled)

AZBOfin

Reason: