Great EA in backtest! - page 95

forward test live account results

I would like to thank all who have contributed to this thread. Although I have not been able to replicate David's back tests my gut feeling is that this EA is profitable. Four days ago I began forward testing with live real account davids settings on USD/JPY with reverse 3.82 (switched half way through to 1.91), 0.5 lots fixed, Value P 7, manually setting disable times using forex news.com calender for news and also avoiding times of u.k and u.s trade openings...... My test run has been profitable (16,20,41,29,33,21,-71,42,15,38,-71,29,-97,50) 14 trades in total including 3 losses one of which was due to incorrect time settings (-97). Thats 79% profitabilty with $105 profit. Not bad for $500 dollars capital outlay(21% profit.). It is early days and nothing can be read into these results if you look at the potential drawdowns that could await you. But I sincerely believe that for the paltry sum of $500 this is worth a shot. I am also demo testing RI = 8 risk 1, VP 7 with little success on USD/JPY. According to davids backtest this is also not surprsing (drawdown 45%). But yet again for a $500 outlay it my be worth a stab. There is no reward without risk.I will continue demoing RI 8 for a month and decide whether to give it a shot. I have lost way more money than that in other ventures. But nothing ventured nothing gained. What is really needed is another currency to perform similarly to jpy using this EA. Any suggesstions?

islandhome:
I would like to thank all who have contributed to this thread. Although I have not been able to replicate David's back tests my gut feeling is that this EA is profitable. Four days ago I began forward testing with live real account davids settings on USD/JPY with reverse 3.82 (switched half way through to 1.91), 0.5 lots fixed, Value P 7, manually setting disable times using forex news.com calender for news and also avoiding times of u.k and u.s trade openings...... My test run has been profitable (16,20,41,29,33,21,-71,42,15,38,-71,29,-97,50) 14 trades in total including 3 losses one of which was due to incorrect time settings (-97). Thats 79% profitabilty with $105 profit. Not bad for $500 dollars capital outlay(21% profit.). It is early days and nothing can be read into these results if you look at the potential drawdowns that could await you. But I sincerely believe that for the paltry sum of $500 this is worth a shot. I am also demo testing RI = 8 risk 1, VP 7 with little success on USD/JPY. According to davids backtest this is also not surprsing (drawdown 45%). But yet again for a $500 outlay it my be worth a stab. There is no reward without risk.I will continue demoing RI 8 for a month and decide whether to give it a shot. I have lost way more money than that in other ventures. But nothing ventured nothing gained. What is really needed is another currency to perform similarly to jpy using this EA. Any suggesstions?

using my settings I got 27% draw down in backtests(look at results in real life EA for real life account thread). But thats a small amount even out of 500$

so far your real money running is right along with mine. It will fluctuate between 70-80% wins. Mine has.

It's time to face the gruesome reality.

This is the .jpy version dave posted.

Since I have had this running in my live account starting on 10/11/06 to 10/19/06

counting 8.5 trading days...

It has...

24 Wins $9.75

19 Losses -$16.65

43 Trades -$6.90

I'm less than impressed.

my biggest problem of this past week of trading are the news times.

i started out with the "generic" blocked hours (8.9.12,14), then on wednesday i switched over to the blocked hours on the individual pairs as stated on the CT website. this turned out to be a mistake. then i was looking at the calendar posted on the IBFX site. well, didn't catch it all either

yesterday for example i have blocked trading for the 8:30 news (EST) = 12:00 GMT. i didn't think it thru - my mistake. my live account booked two trades in the 13:00 hour with a total loss of 34 pips. a similar thing happend with the demo account a day earlier.

bottom line is that my trading-time setup is out of wack. i am having a hard time to indentify the correct settings for the individual pairs and which news are important and to what degree.

gotta go to work now but will post detailed trading statements on the weekend for all of my three demos and one live account.

AZBOfin

Aaragorn:
It's time to face the gruesome reality.

This is the .jpy version dave posted.

Since I have had this running in my live account starting on 10/11/06 to 10/19/06

counting 8.5 trading days...

It has...

24 Wins $9.75

19 Losses -$16.65

43 Trades -$6.90

I'm less than impressed.

We already know that different brokers need different settings.

Plus how long you running? 8 days?

Don't you realise there is going to be a draw down. This draw down will occure at any time.

draw down means losing trades that decreases an account a certian %.

And we (by we I mean you and I) know that results have to be judged over no less than a month.

I have not gotten 43 trades in the 2 weeks of running. Yours is trading too much. I have had 14 wins out of 20 trades in 2 weeks. thats exactly 70%

At the beginning of the week it was at 80%, so this week wasn't as good as last week, but still maintains my good win%.

Your is taking 2x the trades as mine.

FXDD filters price more than ibfx. Ibfx allows much more market noise than fxdd. This extra noise is being traded on. too much noise isn't good. Not for this EA, since it counts each and every tick. Now you must make adjustments. make CCI true or use pivot true. that should cut trades in half.

reality for me is 70% or better wins over 2 weeks. thus sticking tightly with backtest results. I am very happy!!!

I also realise that I can lose 27% of my account size to draw down.

You don't expect this? what draw down was your tests?

Jusy an idea

There are a couple of things worth considering that could be added to this EA. I also demoed davids setting on fxdd platform during the news to see how poorly it behaved. It really stank which got me thinking the obvious what if it were possible to reverse the buy sell descision it made during the volatile news hours. Could there be profit there. Next week I have the time and the inclination to try this idea. Seeing that none of the original coders are here I don,t think anyone here could alter the code so that during news it would trade the rverse of it,s decision. Otherwise maybe someone could add a sound alert to enable us to manually trade the reverse when this EA decides to trade during the news.

somebody is using some version of the Cyberia in real account?

if it will be, which setting?

tks

XneoenX:
somebody is using some version of the Cyberia in real account?

me, david and aragorn (1.85) but still looking for settings. brazilianTrader (1.88).

--------------

my results

eurusd

Total number of trades 46

Percentage profitable 69.6%

Total number of pips -10

usdjpy

Total number of trades 30

Percentage profitable 46.7%

Total number of pips -159

i've got an idea. i will prepare CT to place reverse trades on usdjpy. 160 pips are mine nex week! next month... well...

Hi Guys

Quick question, I was wondering if anybody tried switching on moneytrain just before news, if I read the code correctly its suppose work well with news events.

Mono

Well here it is

As i promised... here is my statement.

Files:
statement_1.htm  11 kb
Reason: