Great EA in backtest! - page 45

xxDavidxSxx:
I need to put this out there....

If an indavidual cann't make successfull trades manually. And doesn't fully understand the way the market works, under all conditions. Then they are not going to be able to fully adjust an EA to do it for them.

You must understand all aspects of the market and its varieing conditions. Then you can begin to adjust an EA to accomidate those conditions.

What works this month might not work next month. What works last year might not work next month or next year.

If you adjust your EA to get rich over the last 2 months and have no success on a forward test this week or next month then you are experiancing what I am saying.

And the forward test that did great this week or this month might not back test good for last july.

Just my 2 cents worth.

Dave

wow, can u attach ta script ? thanks

heres the new version with my settings.

Dave

Files:

ok, I don't know what real value there is in doing this particular test. I decided to simply see how far I could push this EA over the same date and data range as I have been working with on the multilotscalper EA. I raised the maxlots to 100 and took the risk from .7 to 3. Over this same date range I have managed to push the other EA to 4.8 million. The cyberiatrader managed to make 3.96 million. Not quite as aggressive and it would not be wise to attempt to trade it this agressively. But I just wanted to see what it would do in the backtester and how far I could push it.

I observe that this EA made it to the 100 lot level much earlier in the date ranges and then was maxed out at 100 lots much longer. Makes we wonder what might happen if it was used to take the account up to where it's trading 100 lots and then split the account into two or more accounts and then let them all trade at the same time and keep slitting the accounts when they reach the 100 lot trading level. I wonder if the growth curve would be enhanced?

this links to the other test

https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/trading_systems

Files:

I think you would want it to trade the largest lots possible for the most profit...in this case 100 lots. anything less; splitting the account would equal less profit

Hi Aaragorn

which boker, EA version and setting did you use to get that backtest result ?

It looks quite impressive.

At me question. How you think, whether will conflict CB 1.85f with other advisers? Other adviser watches only it positions.

ajcrshr:
I think you would want it to trade the largest lots possible for the most profit...in this case 100 lots. anything less; splitting the account would equal less profit

I don't think you quite follow my line of reasoning...

Let's consider an amount 'x' at which the EA trades 100 lot positions. If you have a start up amount of money which you could put into starting a new account and you allowed it to continue trading until it reached 'x' that would be capatilizing on the power of the EA to generate a growth factor equilivent to 1.

Now what happens when you split the account in half. In theory now you have two accounts which each have enough equity to trade at the level of 50 lots. That is still trading 100 lots just doing it in two accounts instead of one.

But what happens when both the accounts grow? When they both have enough equity to trade lot positions at 60 lots, now you are trading cumulatively 120 lot positions by virtue of the fact that you are using a second account. This allows you to exceed the 100 Lot maximum that stops a single account.

You see where I'm going with this> Your growth therefore become exponential to the degree of how ever many accounts you have using the system. By doing this you should be able to improve the growth curve beyond what you get using only one account which maxes out at 100 lots.

Alex.Piech.FinGeR:
Hi Aaragorn

which boker, EA version and setting did you use to get that backtest result ?

It looks quite impressive.

Ibfx, and I used the settings Dave used with the changes I mentioned in the post.

my goal is to have it running on as many accounts as possible. Mabe every 10 k split it in half. Mabe up to 10 accounts. Then let run to 50k each and withdraw half. And keep repeting it on 10 accounts.

If it gets to big brokers might have a problem with it.

But thats way in the future. I am going to test on gbp/usd and trade 2 pairs to try to speed up the account growth, as it trades really conservitivly.

Any thing special I have to do to trade gbp/usd. I am going from 2 pip spread to a 3 pip spread.

also is there any thing I have to change for it to trade USD/JPY it has 2 pip spread. I am testing it next.

Dave

What Time Frame are you using?