Great EA in backtest! - page 103

tururo:
Last 24 hrs 6 win 1 loss with 0.2 fixed lot. A good run, IBFX live mini account no adjustment to the stop loss.

hello tururo,

check out the attachment... these are my $JPY trades since monday for a live IBFX mini account.

CCI=false, pivot=false, RI=3.82, periodcount=7, staticSL=11, trailingstop=false

blocked hours = 08,09,12,13,14

AZBOfin

Files:

hey at least its postive

Dang if this thing does everything but what I intended it to...it's a script to trade manually and open positions. I've worked thru the logic of the calculations and functions of it to give an automode if desired. But for some reason it doesn't actually excute the order...oy

when it places the order it gives me this...

2006.10.25 22:01:16 Open Preset Buy Order USDCHF,H1: OrderSend failed with error #4109

that error code only says "order not allowed"

why not???!!!!

can anyone help?

8th trade today now its 6 wins for 8 trades. But again it closed for 5 pips, and if it waited it would have gotten 8 now.

a take profit is in the settings window, and take profit is also in the order send function. But it don'twork. Not in back tests anyway. I am setting a take profit of 8 and see if it works in live trades.

Aaragorn:
Dang if this thing does everything but what I intended it to...it's a script to trade manually and open positions. I've worked thru the logic of the calculations and functions of it to give an automode if desired. But for some reason it doesn't actually excute the order...oy

when it places the order it gives me this...

2006.10.25 22:01:16 Open Preset Buy Order USDCHF,H1: OrderSend failed with error #4109

that error code only says "order not allowed"

why not???!!!!

can anyone help?

Try this one - it works on FXDD demo

tururo:
Try this one - it works on FXDD demo

darn, I'm still getting the same error code on my demo...I'm glad it works for you though

I have the answers to the questions I was asking yesterday...

The other factor at one of which has kept the EA from entering is the CCI rules...

in order to enter short the cci has to be below 50. That is what keeps it from entering short at the top of fast climbing peaks. and visa versa on longs.

so while you want to sell at the peak you don't want to do so if the cci is still climbing...make sense.

I made another version update here....

This one has my settings for the Euro, as the others it runs in the 1H chart. However it also shows me the current spread right on the chart. I figured that would be useful to go with the manual trading script I'm working on.

I'm rather happy about the progress of this project today... It's taken two winners so far..my account is up to $391 that is just from the eurusd.

I am also running this on the usdcad which just opened a long trade...it's getting killed right now but hasn't stopped out. I hope it doesn't give back everything the euro has made. I'm not quite as happy with the backtests of the usdcad. I have different settings for that pair and I'm making seperate versions for each pair I run, so I can work the settings independently and keep them separated easily.

Aaragorn:
I have different settings for that pair and I'm making seperate versions for each pair I run, so I can work the settings independently and keep them separated easily.

I did the same thing.

Congrats on the euro settings I got 70% in back tests WHOOOT!!!!

Thats the best euro settings I have had. I am going to run it live now.

thanks

Dave

edit: actually it tested at 72% last 2 weeks same as my jpy settings do.

but with more trades.

i had something like:

Wins: 5

Losses: 1

And finally, the wins took over the losses

Aaragorn, great work by the way buddy! Keep it up, i want to finish this week on davids settings, then i'll switch over to yours for next week. My hats off to both of you guys!! Maybe my end of the week statement will come out positive??!!

thanks guys, I am positive about what's been accomplished on the euro.

sadly the usdcad just busted me right back to $361 where I seem to have been stuck for weeks on this plateau in my account. I can't seem to get off it without falling right back...

I changed the risk on the usdcad version back to .1 from .3 bloody thing lost the next position it took too....now its right back in long @1.1232 which has me down -$2.57.

The only thing I've been able to do with the usdcad is to increase the TrailingStopFactor to 2.88 I have to find something better to do with this pair if I'm going to trade it. I don't like running with such large s/l's

I guess if the euro did it before it can do it again. so I'm not really worried about busting my account now. I just need to do more work on the usdcad before I give it any real margin to work with.

I'm open to suggestions. I've got half a mind to try to implement some of the cost averaging strategies that Maji has been working with.

If anyone has any suggestions on how to get my manual trading script to execute I'd appreciate that too. It still gives me the error code. I got the same error message on my live account with it too.

Reason: