Envelope 2.11 - page 12

More Backtesting

OK, so after my previous post showing that my backtesting of this EA closely mirrors Newdigital's forward testing, I decided that as it was reasonably accurate, I would do more backtesting:

In 2005, this EA would have made 2016 pips with the same settings as Newdigital and no money management trading only 0.1 lots.

However, from 16 June 2004 - 31 December 2004, this EA would have LOST 1321 pips!!

If we do a from the beginning test from 16 June 2004 - April 2006, although this EA would have made 1515 pips overall, in 2004 if you would have started with $2000, your account balance would have gone down to only $318!!! This also means that if you would have started with lower than $2000, (e.g.$1000), then you would have lost ALL your money in six months trading this EA with the minimum 0.1lots!!

So wat does all this mean? Well we have to be extremely careful in our testing to make sure that the EAs we are testing can work in ALL market conditions, because although this EA has been trading profitably for the last year and 4 months, it had a long period of time when it was losing money!

We need to see why this EA would have lost money in the last six months of 2004... what were the conditions of the market that made it lose? What can we do to improve the EA to not make it happen again if these conditions return?

We should discuss this more...

Files:

Tamershahin:
OK, so after my previous post showing that my backtesting of this EA closely mirrors Newdigital's forward testing, I decided that as it was reasonably accurate, I would do more backtesting:

In 2005, this EA would have made 2016 pips with the same settings as Newdigital and no money management trading only 0.1 lots.

However, from 16 June 2004 - 31 December 2004, this EA would have LOST 1321 pips!!

If we do a from the beginning test from 16 June 2004 - April 2006, although this EA would have made 1515 pips overall, in 2004 if you would have started with $2000, your account balance would have gone down to only $318!!! This also means that if you would have started with lower than $2000, (e.g.$1000), then you would have lost ALL your money in six months trading this EA with the minimum 0.1lots!!

So wat does all this mean? Well we have to be extremely careful in our testing to make sure that the EAs we are testing can work in ALL market conditions, because although this EA has been trading profitably for the last year and 4 months, it had a long period of time when it was losing money!

We need to see why this EA would have lost money in the last six months of 2004... what were the conditions of the market that made it lose? What can we do to improve the EA to not make it happen again if these conditions return?

We should discuss this more...

Yes you are right: there is good month and bad month, good year and bad year. I backtested it since June 2004 as well. Finally profitable. Of course 2,000 deposit size is not enough.

It may be the other idea for portfolio here: we may create portfolio for small deposit size as well.

Settings for other pairs

Hey guy, I hear that you are running this EA in other pairs that EURUSD, there are special settings to each pair? (I Only can find setting for EURUSD)

Thanks.

PeterWells:
Hey guy, I hear that you are running this EA in other pairs that EURUSD, there are special settings to each pair? (I Only can find setting for EURUSD) Thanks.

The same. Just an EA is different (modified to trade all the pairs). It was posted on this thread.

newdigital:
The same. Just an EA is different (modified to trade all the pairs). It was posted on this thread.

Are you talking about the one that is ready for USD/JPY?

Thanks

Clarification NewDigital Please!

PeterWells:
Are you talking about the one that is ready for USD/JPY? Thanks

I am a little confused as well NewDigital, Are you saying that there is only 2 versions of this EA-Envlope 2.11? one with the pre-set file for EUR/USD and the other without any pre-set files for the rest of the pairs? Could you include a link to a location in this thread where the most recent version of Envlope2.11(for pairs or than EUR/USD) is being posted??I am just having a hard time determining which one is the most recent.

Thank you.

bradottawa:
I am a little confused as well NewDigital, Are you saying that there is only 2 versions of this EA-Envlope 2.11? one with the pre-set file for EUR/USD and the other without any pre-set files for the rest of the pairs? Could you include a link to a location in this thread where the most recent version of Envlope2.11(for pairs or than EUR/USD) is being posted??I am just having a hard time determining which one is the most recent. Thank you.

I am using one (EURUSD) pre-set file for all the pairs.

You may look at the files' thread.

I backtested this EA for EURUSD from 2001 till 2005 and it is ok. Profitable.

And did it for GBPUSD as well: 2001-2005 and 2005 till now. More profitable.

The backtesting files are big so I attached just the images.

Not all the EAs are working together with other EAs in one Metatrader.

Some of them are working alone.

Quite alone.

So please find the forward statements of this EA for some period of time.

Why "some period of time"?

Because I changed brokers and account for the better connection.

Anyway it is the normal statement.

Files:

Please find updated statements.

Files:
Reason: