Great EA in backtest! - page 98

trades today

On real account FXDD. Fixed 0.5 lots. 4 trades in total of which 3 were profitable (29 + 29 + 29), .Negative -71

I have been ruinning in demo ea on jpy and euro which has lost in 3 days trading $2K during news disabled hours 8,9,12,14 . Is it possible to code EA to place trade to the reverse of the original decision it would have made.

islandhome:
On real account FXDD. Fixed 0.5 lots. 4 trades in total of which 3 were profitable (29 + 29 + 29), .Negative -71 I have been ruinning in demo ea on jpy and euro which has lost in 3 days trading $2K during news disabled hours 8,9,12,14 . Is it possible to code EA to place trade to the reverse of the original decision it would have made.

sure it's possible but is it desireable?

took two trades today and won them both, plus I did one manual trade at the same time as the first trade and won that too....nice. I am using the CCI and the DV filter set to minimum of .0009. on the EURUSD It appears that it only places short trades for some reason with these settings.

islandhome:
On real account FXDD. Fixed 0.5 lots. 4 trades in total of which 3 were profitable (29 + 29 + 29), .Negative -71 I have been ruinning in demo ea on jpy and euro which has lost in 3 days trading $2K during news disabled hours 8,9,12,14 . Is it possible to code EA to place trade to the reverse of the original decision it would have made.

I got 4 trades too 3 wins 1 loss.

Finaly someone got same as me.

This is the EA I am using with my current settings preset> on the Interbank FX broker mini account.

I put it on the 1H chart of EURUSD.

I made one change in this from the previous version

in my DVfilter I noticed it was only taking short trades, a fact which didn't hurt me today...however I altered the code so that now it takes both long and short.

I can see that the DV for long trades is usually a negative number and the DV for short trades is usually a positive number. I didn't know that when I made the DV filter to begin with.

the previous version the code says...

if(DecisionValue < MinimumDecisionValue) [/PHP]

this version says...

[PHP]if(MathAbs(DecisionValue) < MinimumDecisionValue)

I would suggest that before you let this run you do a few tests and change the initial deposit to match the account you want to start it on and then see how many lots it trades starting out. Make sure you get a risk setting that you are ok with. The higher the risk the more the drawdown and visa versa. It's actually possible to dial that setting to produce about whatever level of drawdown you want to trade with so expirement till you get what you want.

enjoy

Hello David,

Would it be possible for us to chat via Yahoo. In over 200 hours, I have NEVER been able to come up with a profitable backtest using this EA. I think I've used every version out there!

regards,

HK

xxDavidxSxx:
I have had 3 now today,1 loss 2 wins

Reverse decision during 8,9,12,14

In answer to Aragon. Is it desirable? Yes it is if you consider if we were able to reverse decision during 8,9,10,12 we would have picked up $2k over the last week. In 3 days Ea performed 40 trades. of which 27 were losing trades and 23 were in profit. That equates to 67% loss rate. Equal to the win rate trading during hours allowed. Difference being we climb to $2k profit from 500 a whole lot quicker when trade reversed during these 4 hrs.

It's started trading again. In the last 24 hrs there's been 4 trades, 3 win and 1 loss, but the loss was a bigger one.

3 trades for the 24th, 2 losses and 1 win... but the losses far out-weigh the wins

Reason: