Great EA in backtest! - page 52

Shahin:
Ok Here I am putting what I said back again. I took it out because I did not want to get into an argument.

What makes a BIG difference in Backtests: SWAP is taken from the last signed-in account. Keep in mind that swaps change all the time. This also holds true for some other variables.

Solution: Don't sign in again, once you have your data stablished. This will give you consistent backtest with each other.

To confirm the above: Check the value of swaps by checking the currency's property. Two different places to do it. One is on "strategy builder" and the other from the "Market watch". Normally they are the same, but if you sign-in/out of different brokers then it is different. Make sure it is the same, so to run a backtest, sign-in to another broker with different swaps or just wait a 1 to 5 days and run the backtest again with the new swaps. Yes you will see.

Also Aaragorn: To keep your big data-> From the Menu Tools->Option->Chart and change the "Max Bars in History" to 9999999999 (mean all 9s). Next time you come back it will be 2147483647. It is ok, this is really the max, just easier to put 9s.

I have my maxbars in history set to that number. In the laptop however it has not made it save the additional data to change that.

Second, I'm not looking for argument either. I am looking for the truth with sufficient evidences to establish it. My question remains do you really think that the swap can account for a difference in backtesting as large as from 4 million to 12 million?

xxDavidxSxx:
look at pages back I posted mine that I am running live. But if your not on FXDD and in the same time zone I doubt it will be the same for you.

FXSpeedster.......I keep trying to run the 1.88.1 version because I want to be able to change the profit taking on it. But it only makes one trade. No matter what I do and no matter when I start it it still makes one trade.

What is the function of the pip timer and settings. Thats the only differance in this version and the 85f version right?

Use the latest 185f..188 is a spin-off. For me 1.85f works great trading demo and live money. I use 185f on M5. Good luck!

I find myself fretting the money management side of this a little tonight.

I don't see much danger either after it's grown to $1k unless you get really wreckless with it.

But getting it off the ground to make that first plateau from $500 to $1000 is more touchy it seems to me. I don't know that I've got the patience to wait for lot sizes of .01 to do the job. With wins in the range of .20 to .96 and the occasional 1.05...it takes nearly a month to net $30 under the most positive growth curve that this shows...

are you really going to wait a two months to make $100..when you suppliment with your manual trading will you do that at a greater lot size?

Aaragorn:
I have my maxbars in history set to that number. In the laptop however it has not made it save the additional data to change that. Second, I'm not looking for argument either. I am looking for the truth with sufficient evidences to establish it. My question remains do you really think that the swap can account for a difference in backtesting as large as from 4 million to 12 million?

First: Then I don't know; But basically you download the data from alpari and rename the file (no need to import). And this way you have ALL the data. So unless MT4 is truncating (via max bars in history) the data, there is no way the file gets smaller by itself.

Second: In a little over two year period, it could. To be sure you just have to follow the instructions above to confirm it. And it makes a difference what day you get the swap (for example on wednesdays it is usually 3 (three) times more then the rest of the week). This could be the illusive 3 time (or your 300%) difference. But you are going to have to run the hours of backtests. Because I have found already for myself that it does make a BIG difference as I have mentioned.

this is sick

Done with public source default setings. Now I am new to forex but there gotta be a catch.

Brokers allow trading this system? Also I still run demo so I don't know how many maximum lots per trade can you open.

As you can see in around 10 days 10k turned into 1.28 mill.(for some reason there are no trades at the beggining and the end of the simulation )

And why would those Russians ask for $500 if the can make millions with this system?

Files:
iamrich.jpg  204 kb

July_August2006_EURH4 test results.

vpopovic:

And why would those Russians ask for $500 if the can make millions with this system?

I am Russiam myself. "Those" Russians ask $$ for their technical support and everyday help, besides why should anyone give us a good profesional tool for free when our intention is to make money with it? The Pro version is not so agressive and they say it's much more reliable in the long run.

I have been back besting this EA (1_185f v.) for several days now. And can resume that july-august 2006 were not easy for the EA. I've attached the results of my EUR H4 test for you to have a look at.

to fxspeedster and the rest smile)

Are your EUR results for this period of time are the same? I've run the test with the starting depo of $500. Quality - 90%. The results for H1 are almost the same but with more entries into the market.

I will be happy to get any advice to improve the work and results of the EA for H4/1 EUR for this period.

One thing I am confused with is how to make the EA hunt for a more pips' profit .

to Aaragorn:

Please explain to me the usage of the variables below.

EnableReverseDetector=true; ReverseIndex=3.82

ValuesPeriodCount=5; ValuesPeriodCountMax=5

Also I tried to play with "StopLossIndex=#", but my tester always give me the same $ result. I need your help.

Any advice is of great value.

Goog luck! ASpirit.

vpopovic:

Done with public source default setings. Now I am new to forex but there gotta be a catch.

Brokers allow trading this system? Also I still run demo so I don't know how many maximum lots per trade can you open.

As you can see in around 10 days 10k turned into 1.28 mill.(for some reason there are no trades at the beggining and the end of the simulation )

Look on Aragorn's tests and make sure your settings are the same. Then go into the EA and make the CCI indacater like this....

{

if (iCCI( NULL, 0, 13, PRICE_TYPICAL, 0) > 50)

DisableSell = true;

if (iCCI( NULL, 0, 13, PRICE_TYPICAL, 0) < -50)

DisableBuy = true;

return (0);

}

this is how ours is set.

july/aug is good for me.

Dave

David:

I used your settings posted previously on version 1.88.2 with your presets using GMT 0 (Interbank FX) a copy of my demo report on velocity4x since Sunday is attached running on EUR & JPY. (1HR Tmeframe)

I don't care what is posted regarding 1.85f it stinks mostly losses, may have to do more than the presets, I have running at least demo's on many versions still think 1.88.2 is the best. (ignore GBP trade) then no losses error

Files:
cybertader.htm  10 kb

txsundevil:
David:

I used your settings posted previously on version 1.88.2 with your presets using GMT 0 (Interbank FX) a copy of my demo report on velocity4x since Sunday is attached running on EUR & JPY. (1HR Tmeframe)

I don't care what is posted regarding 1.85f it stinks mostly losses, may have to do more than the presets, I have running at least demo's on many versions still think 1.88.2 is the best. (ignore GBP trade) then no losses error

all of our results seem to depend on broker. I belive we each have to find what works for us on ours.

does gbp$ have different news than euro? I keep trying to get good results. But cann't

I'll try euro/jpy now. I want to run this on at least 2 pairs to speed up the slow profits.

If all we gonna get is 25 pips profit a month on real account like me and aragorn are finding on tests on real accounts, than is it worth the trouble? I can take 1 trade a month my self for that blindfolded, upside down, and asleep. I want an EA that can do more than I can. Or at least same as i can.

I dunno, i guess the extra 25 pips is better than nothin.

I want it to produce 100 at least pips a month consistantly. 100 pips is my slowest month manually.

Dave

fxspeedster:
Use the latest 185f..188 is a spin-off. For me 1.85f works great trading demo and live money. I use 185f on M5. Good luck!

what broker do you use for 5 min real?

I found the no trading problem with 88. Its in the no trade time. Its set to remember block unstead to unblock.

any way. I lke 85f any way. I stick to it cause I know it works.

Once I got 88 workin I saw no differance in the results.

Thanks.

----------------------------------------------------------

so far eur/jpy loking good but not done testing yet.

Dave

Reason: