Great EA in backtest! - page 55

In all the backtests I have done with this, it still open and closes several orders in one minute. All the profit is not coming from this, that is sure, but quite a bit of the big gains does.

Oligarh:
yes, setinds is diferent. Please test with this my set.file. It"s for UER H4.

Attached is results with your settings. With your settings, it took several hours to complete backtest. Previous reported results only took 20 minutes.

Wackena

IBFX Demo result with H1 chart on 4 pairs. eurusd, gbpusd, usdjpy, usdchf.

$1k deposit.

Wackena

Files:

romano:
I do not speake english

sorry..........

ho provato i tuoi settaggi, NON SONO BUONI......

prova il mio setting, su base 1 minuto su GBPUSD

ho cambiato totalmente la filosofia del setting

4 TP -0 SL - 240 minuti time SL

piu' altre piccole cose, guardale

poi fammi sapere cosa ne pensi

grazie

a presto

Romano

Italian to English translation...

I tried your setting , THERE ARE NOT GOOD...

Try my settings on 1 minute with GBPUSD

I totaly changed the filosofy of the settings.

4 TP -0 SL - 240 minuti time SL

other little things , take a look at them

than let me know what you think

thank you

see you soon

Romano

Wackena:
A follow-on test and observation. These previous reported backtests were from data downloaded end of last week from http://www.alpari-idc.com/en/dc/databank.php into a MT4 platform with no account connection. I do this so data will not be altered or updated by broker;s server.

I just completed another 8 weeks H4 gbpusd backtest on a FDXX demo with same settings as previous test and results were totally different. Previous backtest had over $30k gain, while this FXDD backtest had just over $6k gain. Don't know why. But may confirm that backtests in general are not to be trusted.

Wackena

you gotta look at the win%. the $'s will vary.

drawdown and win% are the most important part of backtesting.

Your fxdd results in % are the same as mine. mid 60's for wins and under 35% drawdown. Your draw down is better than mine but your on 4 hr chart.

You are trading all news times too. Do you intend on letting it trade all news hours in real money? It might be good to trade news. But need plenty of capital to start just in case it don't work out. News is tricky.

Nastase Post #547

I ran the 1 minute GBP on Cybertrader version 1.88.2 using your settings, looks good so far since your post 9 wins and 1 loss wins +42 Pips loss -22 pips

net pips +20 the one loss is quite high compared to these 9 Wins averaging 5 pips per winner. Might be a problem here in the long run, seem like you may have to hit 80% to get a profit.

Tp 4-5 Pips, Stop Loss 22 Pips.

Backtest

Shahin:
Thanks to xxDavidxSxx and kat.

Just for others as it takes a long time to backtest.

Backtest (89.35% quality) of version 1.88 default settings on EURUSD H1 gave bad enough results but not very bad.

I am on Cyberiatrader1_185f.mq4 backtesting now with kat's presets.

And am no stranger to hard work as I have already put in years in this and can read/write code nearly as easily as document (as I am an exellent programmer).

Dont use backtest mostly because it gives completely different results - there is a big problem in the program. Forward testing is the best but live account is a different story but it closer to reality.

Georgiy:
Dont use backtest mostly because it gives completely different results - there is a big problem in the program. Forward testing is the best but live account is a different story but it closer to reality.

I agree pretty much. (But) if a systems fails on the back tests, I think it is impossible to make money forward testing. If anybody else knows opposite please point to the case.

this is Interbanks' answer to the testing variances...

Chat Transcript

info: Please wait for a site operator to respond.

info: You are now chatting with 'Client Services'

Client Services: Hello, My name is Jen, How may I help you?

you: I am curious why running an Expert advisor in a demo account produces different trades when it runs in my live account?

Client Services: The demo account, order go through immediately.

Client Services: A live account, you have to take into consideration they are

Client Services: real orders that we have to fill.

Client Services: What exact problems do you have / differences?

you: well the real account is not placing as many orders nor is the win/loss ratio anywhere near the same

you: the live account is far less winning

you: and far less active

Client Services: Does this happen during news?

you: I am not tracking news just technicals

you: i run the two side by side demo and live

you: and watch the demo account out perform the live account

Client Services: We do allow trading during news; however you must be aware that there are certain risks associated with doing this. If there is a gap in the market which happens quite often during news announcements the market may gap in an unfavorable direction causing you to incur additional losses. We do not guarantee stops and limits.

Client Services: You will only see slippage in your account if there is a gap in the market and it gaps through your price. Gaps are rare in the market, but during times of volatility and events such as news announcements they certainly happen.

Client Services: So this is different too then a demo account.

Reason: