Great EA in backtest! - page 59

nikkeifx:
Hello Kalamari What historical data you use for backtest? What broker?

hi nikkeifx,

data from alpari:

http://www.alpari-idc.com/en/dc/databank.php

broker is InterbankFX

Thanks

Thank you so much Kalamari, you are an ASSET to this team!

B

I didn't have time to finish this conversation but I intend to....

I wonder what other people's brokers have to say about this? Anyone care to pass the same questions to some other brokers about this problem and ask them why this broker's accounts are behaving this way?

Attached is the chart for tonight's activity to which I refer in the conversation...it's a one hour chart and not very much market activity.

Chat Transcript

info: Please wait for a site operator to respond.

info: You are now chatting with 'Client Services'

Client Services: Hi, this is Thomas, how may I help you?

you: HI Thomas, I'm trying to understand the dynamic differences of demo servers and live servers

you: I have an EA running in both modes the same settings identically

you: the demo account has opened a trade position and the live account has not

you: I've been watching it waiting for it to open and it still isn't opening the position

you: the EA is attached properly in both charts

Client Services: The live account may have skipped over a fill price because of a fast moving market.

you: this is the gbpusd pair

you: which isn't moving all that fast in the last hour

you: I have seen this sort of thing happening with live executions being severely delayed or nonexistent

Client Services: I'm not sure.

you: I just don't have a good explaination that makes sense as to why

Client Services: They are on two different servers,

Client Services: so that might be the difference.

you: i want to know what I can eliminate as possible problems...

you: first it's not a problem filling these orders i don't suppose is it

you: i mean these are not large lot size orders

you: i can't imagine that you as brokers have trouble filling them

you: i rather am inclined to believe that there exists some difference in how the servers execute the code differently

you: but i really don't know

you: i don't know where to begin trying to isolate the problem

you: the demo account just took profit on that order which the live account never opened

you: doing forward testing on these programs is showing me this sort of thing happening repeatedly

you: I am keeping the lot sizes small on my live account until we can learn why it's not behaving the same as the demo in forward tests

you: what else should I do?

Client Services: What is the currency pair?

you: gbpusd

Client Services: A demo acct. will place a trade no matter what the price fluctuations are.

you: what fluctuations prevent a live account from executing a trade?

you: would the live account fail to execute these trades if I placed them manually as well?

you: could you do some research on this or have someone else get back to me I have to leave

you: I would appreciate some insights on this problem sent to my email...

you: any directions or parameters I should be aware of or factor in to my use of the accounts is appreciated

you: I'm sorry but I really am out of time tonight

you: I appreciate your forwarding this conversation to whomever might offer me help on this

you: bye
Files:

kalamari:
You're absolutely right about backtests. bout fwd testing... well i think two weeks is not enough.

try using 30-35pips as stop loss on H1 TF.

Aaragorn:
I didn't have time to finish this conversation but I intend to....

I wonder what other people's brokers have to say about this? Anyone care to pass the same questions to some other brokers about this problem and ask them why this broker's accounts are behaving this way?

Attached is the chart for tonight's activity to which I refer in the conversation...it's a one hour chart and not very much market activity.

can u attach CyberiaTrader_v1.89b.mq4

kalamari is your broker interbankfx? have u got CT on a live account? my is on live but taking no trades in last 12 hours?? and in the experts tab: pic

Files:
inter.jpg  138 kb

DAZLER:
kalamari is your broker interbankfx? have u got CT on a live account? my is on live but taking no trades in last 12 hours?? and in the experts tab: pic

check ur balance

DAZLER:

hi dazler,

yes, my broker is interbankfx. CT runs on a live account and taking trades - last 24 hour EURUSD & USDJPY 5 trades (4 with profit, 1 with a small loss).

i can see at the screenshot that CT tried to send an order with Lots < 0. check your Lots, Risk, StaticLots parameters.

hope that helps

yan7181:
try using 30-35pips as stop loss on H1 TF.

thanks yan,

i'll try to optimize staticStopLoss.

when good trading ?

Reason: