Great EA in backtest! - page 53

ASpirit:
I am Russiam myself. "Those" Russians ask $$ for their technical support and everyday help, besides why should anyone give us a good profesional tool for free when our intention is to make money with it? The Pro version is not so agressive and they say it's much more reliable in the long run.

I have been back besting this EA (1_185f v.) for several days now. And can resume that july-august 2006 were not easy for the EA. I've attached the results of my EUR H4 test for you to have a look at.

to fxspeedster and the rest smile)

Are your EUR results for this period of time are the same? I've run the test with the starting depo of $500. Quality - 90%. The results for H1 are almost the same but with more entries into the market.

I will be happy to get any advice to improve the work and results of the EA for H4/1 EUR for this period.

One thing I am confused with is how to make the EA hunt for a more pips' profit .

to Aaragorn:

Please explain to me the usage of the variables below.

EnableReverseDetector=true; ReverseIndex=3.82

ValuesPeriodCount=5; ValuesPeriodCountMax=5

Also I tried to play with "StopLossIndex=#", but my tester always give me the same $ result. I need your help.

Any advice is of great value.

Goog luck! ASpirit.

Ok, I don't think you need my help as much as might think,... here is the advice then, for whatever it's worth...

Practice pure research, don't have contempt for anything prior to investigation. Consider your own research and results as valid as anyone elses. I don't have any magic ability that makes my strategy report any better than one you can generate doing the same thing. If you get a different result start looking for why it might be different and how or what you could do to change it. Expirement and keep track of what you do. Only change one variable at a time and track what changes. If you change too many things at once you don't know what is responsible for changes in results. Your goal is to isolate what makes a difference from what doesn't and focus on what DOES. That is all that I have done with my testing. I don't claim to have any indepth knowledge of how this EA works. I'm studying it as I test it and that's all I can say. I have not spent as much time reading the code of this EA to figure it out as I have spent time exploring the settings and simply testing various settings. I still have much to learn about how this one works. It's not like the program that I created which I understand backwards and forwards, this one is someone elses creation which I am studying and I don't know really what those things "mean". Sorry I can't be of more assistance.

Thanks, Aaragorn!

Very good advice and as I am not a programmer I try to do much likely as you say.

Regards. Aspirit.

Aaragorn:
Ok, I don't think you need my help as much as might think,... here is the advice then, for whatever it's worth... Practice pure research, don't have contempt for anything prior to investigation. Consider your own research and results as valid as anyone elses. I don't have any magic ability that makes my strategy report any better than one you can generate doing the same thing. If you get a different result start looking for why it might be different and how or what you could do to change it. Expirement and keep track of what you do. Only change one variable at a time and track what changes. If you change too many things at once you don't know what is responsible for changes in results. Your goal is to isolate what makes a difference from what doesn't and focus on what DOES. That is all that I have done with my testing. I don't claim to have any indepth knowledge of how this EA works. I'm studying it as I test it and that's all I can say. I have not spent as much time reading the code of this EA to figure it out as I have spent time exploring the settings and simply testing various settings. I still have much to learn about how this one works. It's not like the program that I created which I understand backwards and forwards, this one is someone elses creation which I am studying and I don't know really what those things "mean". Sorry I can't be of more assistance.

so many sit on the sidelines waiting for some one to produce majic results.

well said Aaragorn

It is all the same for me too. change 1 small thing, test, write it down. Change small thing back and change something eles, test, write it down. Ect.... Ect.....

Hi David & Everyone,

Great thread ! I get good results in backtest on all pairs in 1 hr timeframe with 90% modelling quality but live trading everyone has been a loser ! I've read the manual and set block pipsater to true... how is your forward testing ? What other settings may I need to change for forward test ? Can't understand it works well in backtest but not live :-(

leeb:
Hi David & Everyone, Great thread ! I get good results in backtest on all pairs in 1 hr timeframe with 90% modelling quality but live trading everyone has been a loser ! I've read the manual and set block pipsater to true... how is your forward testing ? What other settings may I need to change for forward test ? Can't understand it works well in backtest but not live :-(

Hello leeb

What is your config ?? on wich pair do you use ?? timeframe ??

I am using on 1hr timeframe backtest is good on all pairs, USD/JPY, EUR/USD, GBP/USD I am using default David v1.85f settings, forward test is loosing everytrade ??? Modelling quality was 90% for backtest so should have been accurate...

How your backtest in September on EUR H4? My not good in backtest and live. But previus month very good in backtest. Can anybody becktes this dates 2005.09 - 2005.10 in H4?

What means it?

2006.09.28 15:55:46M_Power1_185f EURUSD,H1: invalid lots number for OrderSend function

2006.09.28 15:55:46 M_Power1_185f EURUSD,H1: Error on the Long Entry: 4051

2006.09.28 15:55:46 M_Power1_185f EURUSD,H1: ErrorValues:Symbol=EURUSD,Lots=-3.2,Bid=1.2695,Ask=1.2698,SlipPage=5StopLoss=1.2684,TakeProfit=0

set auto lot to false.

And set lot size to .1

Your broker probly don't accept lots in .01-.09 incraments.

Dave

Faith in Trading

I've been backtesting v185f on H1 charts for a few days and as others have reported, the results have been very good. But it is not a continuous p/l increase from day to day. Although it produced overall gains in all tests, there were periods of a few days to a few weekks that the p/l went down. As this Forex market is dynamic and all EAs react differently to market change, there is no Holy Grail of an EA. To forward test or trade live, this EA needs to be left alone and have "Faith" that the p/l will increase in the long term. Words are easy, actually trading an EA like this takes a strong constitution and like a good gambler, not afraid to lose some money.

The big question is; If backtest results can imply live trading results.

The EA needs to be both forward tested and live traded for a month and then compare those results and then compare again to the backtest results.

Wackena

Reason: