Great EA in backtest! - page 41

kat:
The distance between Bid (Longtrade) and SL is 7 pips in this case. Some brokers have a minimum of 10 pips for example. Which broker do you use?

strategybuilderfx

so what should i do ?

moneymaxs:
strategybuilderfx so what should i do ?

This depends on the circumstances

Do you use a shorter time frame? -> use a higher one

Don't use a too tighten SL

Look for a broker with better settings, use demos to try out

Hope this helps

So far I like what I see with FXDD on real account and this ea on 1hr time frame. It made 4 trades 2 wins and 2 losses.

3 were today. I ran back test on the winner from sunday and the back test took the same exact winning trade that it did real live.

50/50 for now but with the price action on euro$ thats to be expected.

Dave

edit: the way it took trades today was the exact same way I have been waching it trade on the backtests.

We will see a wedge form on euro$ so it will be ranged for a few. I'll keep you all updated on the progress.

Dave

Hi xxDavidxSxx and good luck

As backtesting is so slow. Could you tell us what settings/pairs works best? At least as much as you found out.

I am sure this will save hours (if not days).

BTW. I have read the manual. And am using version 1.88 (hope it is the newest but not doing so good in backtest so far). My broker is Alpari.

Thank you

Shahin:

As backtesting is so slow. Could you tell us what settings/pairs works best? At least as much as you found out.

BTW. I have read the manual. And am using version 1.88 (hope it is the newest but not doing so good in backtest so far). My broker is Alpari.

Thank you

use 1_85f version. the (f) is for fixed.

set reverse decter to true. and play with reverse index number. higher the number the more it will make trades lower the number the less it will trade.

Play with the indicater filters built in.

I have put in over 200 hours playing with this and testing it to get it to give me my desired %'s. 1 hr chart. On euro/$. This should cut your testing time by alot, but I won't do all the work for you. They have realesed the OS version to the public with the ability to work but you have to earn it. Your time is rewarded with a nice ea that will make money. I hope this doesn't sound selfish or greedy because the guys at cyberia have been generous enough to put out an OS version. The 500$ they asking for the pro version is well worth it if some one doesn't have the time or ability to make the OS version work.

Also...sertian months are harder to get profits in than others. Use those to test on. July, febuary06, and others. You'll need to set the no trade times to stay out of the news as best you can too. That info is here in the thread from me and Kat.

Dave

Shahin:

Thank you

Yes it is hard to backtest and to optimize because it is very complex. There are no magic settings. You only can try to find settings which are comfort to you.

I am looking for good profit with very low drawdown. Backtesting show me the way, forwardtesting show me the way too but this must not be the same.

Please find my (very simple) settings attached for EURUSD H1. The timeshift match to FXDD. If you play with the Static SL you can see the following:

SL = 32 most profit in backtesting (since 16.06.2004)

SL = 35 lowest drawdown in backtesting

SL = 40 best settings in demo (for the last two weeks)

What I will do with this?

SL = 32 might not be good because your broker will fish it.

Why not trade 2 (mini/micro-)lots, one 35, the other one 40

BTW, it does not take hours, not days but many, many weeks. Use v185f, it works good.

Files:

Thanks to xxDavidxSxx and kat.

Just for others as it takes a long time to backtest.

Backtest (89.35% quality) of version 1.88 default settings on EURUSD H1 gave bad enough results but not very bad.

I am on Cyberiatrader1_185f.mq4 backtesting now with kat's presets.

And am no stranger to hard work as I have already put in years in this and can read/write code nearly as easily as document (as I am an exellent programmer).

furious_angel:
sure.. here you go

why i cannot trading demo ? how to setting ? im using strstrgybuild.

moneymaxs:
why i cannot trading demo ? how to setting ? im using strstrgybuild.

moneymaxs, Cyberia is a very complex system, I use it but I know that I understand only 0.0xxxxxxxxx1% of it. Already the use of the variables require some knowledge. There are some settings which could cause nontrading. I will try to help you but maybe I am wrong because I cannot know what is on your pc. And remember that Cyberia is not the best choise to tryout automatic trading.

BlockSell and BlockBuy = false

EnableCyberialLogic = true

Enable Logic Trading = true

Check if you have enough money for the selected Lotsize

Or try to import my setfile

Good luck!

increasing profit margin

Hi Dave,

I admire your efforts in helping us out concerning the cyberia system. I also am looking forward to seeing your first 30-day live trade results.

I have been forward testing the 185f version for EUR/USD on H1 but continue to get 1-pip trades. I wonder how I could make the profit margin higher (up to 10 pips) for the 0.1 lot.

Based on the advice of some members, I set up some parameters in different ways but have never succeeded in my attempts.

I don't mind if it makes fewer trades, but I do want to avoid 1-pip trades. Do you think that is possible?

Thanks

Reason: