Great EA in backtest! - page 38

I have realized the problem with backtesting. Its the news. If you set it to stay out of the market 4,5 am est....8,10 am est those are the most common news realese times. But You need it to trade the hour befor and the hour after the news because this EA feeds on volume. I have noticed that when news is realesed at 8:30 est, the hour after, that this EA cleans house because the volitity is down to a tradeable level and volume is high.

Problem is setting it to stay out of the market at these specific times and then testing a series of months. News sometimes happens at 7am est and 9am est.

Not to mention 2 am, 4:30 am and 5 am est. If you set it to stay out all the possible news hours it will screw up the whole money making process.

I have mine set to stay out at 4,5 am and 8,10 am est. I think I am getting a good idea of what it will do on a live account by waching the visual, seeing the news happen at 8:30 est, and waching the EA trade the hour after that.

The only way to get really accurate testing is to get a record of the past years calander of news, and run it 1 week at a time, adjusting when it stops for news per week. Very very time consuming.

Does anybody know where I can get a record of the past years news calander? I have the time to do this. This is all I need to test befor I run it live on real account. I have the account set up and ready to go!

Dave

something I am noticeing in my back testing into 2005. 05 provided alot more trading oppertunities for the paramiters inwich this system trades on. 05 tests are producing many times the return % on account than 06. All the drawdown and win/loss %'s are in the same range as 06. 63% wins and no more than 38% draw downs. 1 month out of 15 I got a 45% draw down. but i have got as little as 17%.

It appears that 06 has just been a poor market for trading paramiters. This is why I am saying don't be discoraged by the lack of trades it is taking on the 1 hr charts. Don't force it to make more trades. Just accept that the market isn't meeting the ideal paramiters the system requires and be patient. The market attitude has to balance it self out. Trading conditions will have to improve. You just never know when this will happen. When they do patience will be rewarded.

Dave

here you can see the news of the past

http://biz.yahoo.com/c/ec/200637.html

Arthur_1_:
here you can see the news of the past http://biz.yahoo.com/c/ec/200637.html

great thanks for the speedy responce

fxspeedster:
Hello to everyone,

I have been busy testing some enhancements to CT but still version 185f offerrs the best trading and profits. Simpler is better in this case.

The EA makes really good profit on M5 EUR and JPY. However to find a broker that will take the real action is impossible at least on M5. CrownFX, CFGTrader, FXDD do not want the business of this EA and if you start trading there on M5 they will shut you down after 24 hrs. So the only feasible option is to go to H1 which places a lot less trades. Time will tell if the brokers will allow it on H1 anyway. If the EA does not trade at whatever broker you have it set up, rename the EA to name of your choice, and reload it on the charts. It will be allowed to trade until (perhaps) the broker decides not to allow trading by it. I am now aware that Metatrader4 allows for ban of EAs with certain names. Doing this option will allow the EA to trade for a while.

One question I have: does anybody know a broker that has confirmed that they can clear CT at all and they will allow it? Otherwise having a good EA is of no use since you can only demo trade it. Please comment on this.

Some one please tell me how to change the name on CT so FXDD don't know what I am using...

Is it as simple as right click the file and click change name? Or do I need to change anything on the inside?

I am ready to run it real account now.

Dave

xxDavidxSxx:
Some one please tell me how to change the name on CT so FXDD don't know what I am using...

Is it as simple as right click the file and click change name? Or do I need to change anything on the inside?

I am ready to run it real account now.

Dave

Find here these lines in the code

#property copyright "Copyright c 2006, XXXXX"

#property link "http://XXXX.org.ru"

and this

string SystemName = "XXXXX";

and change name of expert.

I will test this expert in September on 24/7. I will lay out results.

Oligarh:
Find here these lines in the code

#property copyright "Copyright c 2006, XXXXX"

#property link "http://XXXX.org.ru"

and this

string SystemName = "XXXXX";

and change name of expert.

I will test this expert in September on 24/7. I will lay out results.

cool thanks. I am going live real today.

I have an idea to help disguise the EA from the brokers. All the broker that have a problem with this ea knows it places orders like this 1.27 0r .27. FXDD doesn't trade micro lots so make it deal in round numbers. like 1.2 or .2

I want it to use auto lots but I don't know how to make it stop using .01-.09. So I have to use a fixed lot number and will change it manually.

Thanks for any further help anyone can provide.

Dave

Does any one know for sure what time I have to enter for it to not trade at 8:00 am EST? I live in EST time zone and deal through FXDD.

I just want to be sure.....I have it set at GMT=6 and 14 for the time. Its hard to tell on the back tests.

Dave

xxDavidxSxx:
Does any one know for sure what time I have to enter for it to not trade at 8:00 am EST? I live in EST time zone and deal through FXDD.

I just want to be sure.....I have it set at GMT=6 and 14 for the time. Its hard to tell on the back tests.

Dave

8:00 EST = 12:00 GMT

FXDD GMT difference = 3

kat:
8:00 EST = 12:00 GMT FXDD GMT difference = 3

It don't work properly.

I entered all the times on the clock to disable trading. And set gmt to 3. It still made trades. Then I started changing the gmt # starting from 1. Finally at gmt 8 when it got to the news bar it didn't trade it. But it made trades 3 bars later. (all trade times disabled from 00-23)Then I tharted taking away times not to trade 1 at a time to see if it would start trading the news bar again. It didn't. Then I changed the gmt # again and still didn't trade the news bar.

is any one else having a problem with this function?

I guess I'll have to turn it off manually untill it gets fixed. Unless some one can help test this function on FXDD demo and find what I am doing wrong if its me.

Dave

Reason: