Great EA in backtest! - page 40

txsundevil:
Dave or Others:

I have been running this EA from the opensource copy on the website on (2) different platforms.

This EA does not have a so called input for GMT time or anything else, however it does not run 24/7, seems to run like maybe 12 hours a day or so, is there something built into the software that just allows the opensource EA just to run during certain time frames, without the user inputting any information. It appears not to run like from early afternoon CST time till late in the evening, otherwise positions on the 1H open normally, any help would be appreciated. Also should I be using a different EA posted in this thread.

Now on another subject I would strongly recommend running this EA at least in Demo mode on Velocity4x. you have to fill a form to get an email to download the platform, however the demo mode & live mode is on the same server, spoke to these guy's on the phone, I am not pushing this US broker, however the results at least today were more favorable using their MT4 platform, just check it out. I have been using copies of there demo on several different EA's, just change the name platform will last longer than 2 weeks, just keep the file and open a new one, using a different directory to load it up

Thanks!

look through this thread and find the one that is version 1.85f...this is the newest one with the option for entering time not to trade. Look at Kats screen shot and you'll see the option for this.

Thanks for the info on velocity4x.I already have 2 accounts with fxdd. And another one with world wide clearing through interbank group(not meta trader but manual trading).

Good idea on demo being on same server. I am running EA on fxdd real and demo same settings but its giving different info on decision making.

Not worried cause I never forward tested on demo. The back test data is real data recorded and not demo data.

Dave

fxspeedster:
On H1 timeframe there will be no issue with banning. There are many instances that the EA will not run live even on demo at certain brokers until it is renamed. Is this a coincidence or not? MT4 has capability to allow remote viewing of 1. what indicators the trader uses 2. what system and what comments are being generated while trading. This gives the dealers on the other end an idea of what they can use to overcome the trader's advantage (if any). In the case of CT, the broker will want to see the statement that the trader ran on demo before either: 1. they are allowed to start trading 2. while trading .. their "risk" assessment department constantly monitor every trader's activity and will ban traders that execute too many fast and successful trades. To validate this info, try chatting online with any broker's support and ask questions about allowing a "high-frequency" system (to avoid the word scalper) and see what they say. Also the rule is: if the spread is fixed..such as EURUSD 2 pips etc. and does not float (1-2-3)..the broker has a desk with dealers taking the other side. Hope this info helps.

Thanks for elaborating on this. All my demoing has been on a demo in my name but the account that I am running CT real live on is in a totaly different name non related to me and has never placed an order under CT's name.

Thats scary that trhey can see what indicaters your using. I bet they can adjust the lag on your indicaters too.

Any problems on ibfx?

Dave

Here is a screen shot of 2 back tests. Only thing I changed was the trailing stop # from 20 to 10.

Bottom one was from data down loaded from alpari on the 14th. The other was data down loaded from alpari today.

The dates from start were both 1-1-06 to 9-14-06.

There was one more bar in test on the top one. And the ticks modeled were different.

Look at the # of trades taken. Little different. The max draw down and relitive draw down was exactly the same. The wins and losses were slightly different. And the # of trades taken were slightly different.

The win/loss percentages different but close enough (65% win area)

Dissapointed that the ticks modeled were different indacating unrealiable data sorce. And the # of short and long positions taken were different.

But dispite the differances the important %ages were in the range of my 65% gaol for wins and no more than 38.2% draw down.

This was the required %'s I needed to go on real live trading. Now I am going to see if I can raise the winning % some.

currently running on real account 24/7. It will take a month befor I can evaluate the real trading.

Dave

Files:

After testing this EA on the settings given by the company who made it. I have decided that using it is a waste of time. Purely because it has no mathematical reason to enter the market. I have gone over every 5 min strat and 1 hour strat that could be used to make such positions and none of them fit. In my opinion it just assumes after moving 10 pips its gonna come back 20.... Its not worth putting on live, even if it is a test spend.. But if it can wipe out a 20k demo in 1 night with the settings provided by the owners, who claim it has world praise. I personally wouldn't test it anymore.

The newer versions dont work either, they are just slower. And the whole focus of this EA is fast, profit.

If you look at the backtest and you have been forward testing. You will see that most of the trades are the opposite to the ones it makes.

This means no matter what qualitiy your backtest is, it can be 100% it will still be wrong.

I hate being negative, especially when people are so excited. But I will just chuck this one in the trash. And stick my finger up at the company who made it.

See ya.

TaKiii:
After testing this EA on the settings given by the company who made it. I have decided that using it is a waste of time. Purely because it has no mathematical reason to enter the market. I have gone over every 5 min strat and 1 hour strat that could be used to make such positions and none of them fit. In my opinion it just assumes after moving 10 pips its gonna come back 20.... Its not worth putting on live, even if it is a test spend.. But if it can wipe out a 20k demo in 1 night with the settings provided by the owners, who claim it has world praise. I personally wouldn't test it anymore.

The newer versions dont work either, they are just slower. And the whole focus of this EA is fast, profit.

If you look at the backtest and you have been forward testing. You will see that most of the trades are the opposite to the ones it makes.

This means no matter what qualitiy your backtest is, it can be 100% it will still be wrong.

I hate being negative, especially when people are so excited. But I will just chuck this one in the trash. And stick my finger up at the company who made it.

See ya.

I hear ya, I guess you havn't realy looked at my back tests. Plus the settings I am using are way different for 1 hr than the ones provided for 1-5min.

I told you also that I am currently running one on a real account and one on a demo. The one on the demo gives different discisions the ea is making compaired to the real live account. This means demo price feed is not right.

The data used for back testing is real recorded data not demo data. So forward testing is useless unless you use a broker like velocity that runs them off the same feed and same server.

Also in back testing your getting caught up in news realeses thus distorting your results.

Did you read that this EA has been banned from some brokers....thats a good indacation that it does work cause if it didn't the brokers wouldn't care if you used it they'd want you to, so you'd dump your account into there pockets really fast.

The new version works very well.

I belive its a user problem not a program problem.

I am making real money with it. (the newest version) and at the end of 30 days I'll post results.

think about it....the version your using is the first unrefined version. Plus even the newest one is free. They have a paid for version. Why would they give you the free version with out you having to adjust the settings to make it work? Then there would be no need to buy the self adjusting version. Read the manual I posted a few pages ago.

Actually don't sweat it. move on....but don't discredit something simply cause you cann't understand it.(even though it human nature to attack something they don't like or understand.)

There is no get rich scheme that will work in all conditions. And is unrealistic the think there is. This is why I have adapted it to 1 hr charts through a couple hundred hours of tweeking and testing. And made it show consistant results over a large time span.

Dave

edit...you posted something about 100%..nothing is gonna be 100% It cann't be you'll never ever get 100% on any back test results. If so show me cause it won't happen on MT4. Plus there is nothing in forex thats 100%

any ways....for those of us that know the potential of this well written Ea.....

Kat pointed out alpari and there daylight savings time GMT shift.

Run the back test to the first sunday of april at GMT 2. Then change it to 1 for daylight savings and start again from there. Back again on the last sunday of october. setting it to not trade 08,09,12,14.

The 2 charts I posted above is set at gmt 3. Now that I set it to 2, jan-mar graph has smoothed out significanty. I have to re-run it cause in typing the above post I let it run past april on accident. Results will be up later.

Dave

http://webexhibits.org/daylightsaving/b.html

i already install, but nothing happen . why ?

and i get message

2006.09.19 23:16:52 CyberiaTrader EURUSD,H1: ErrorValues:Symbol=EURUSD,Lots=8.5,Bid=1.2686,Ask=1.2688,SlipPage=1StopLoss=1.2679,TakeProfit=0

what the error messange ?

moneymaxs:

and i get message

2006.09.19 23:16:52 CyberiaTrader EURUSD,H1: ErrorValues:Symbol=EURUSD,Lots=8.5,Bid=1.2686,Ask=1.2688,SlipPage=1StopLoss=1.2679,TakeProfit=0

havn't seen that error. What broker? Mabe try to increase the slippage to 2 or 3.

Dave

what do I need to do so I can make manual trades, and still allow CT to place orders while my trade is in? Change the majic #?

Dave

moneymaxs:

and i get message

The distance between Bid (Longtrade) and SL is 7 pips in this case. Some brokers have a minimum of 10 pips for example. Which broker do you use?

Reason: