Great EA in backtest! - page 129

templar:
Thinking about the changes over Cyberia i've tried to make a flow chart about the basic functions call inside our expert, it's a bit incomplete yet. Maybe in December i going to have lot's of news and time to enjoy improving our expert.

no wonder my head start swimming when I work on this eh?

I actually printed out the code it's over 14 pages! lol

FutureMillionaire?:
Well, I've now got 3 demos running side by side.

1.85f using TimeTradeHoursDisabled ... or at least the first 6 (see my previous post)

1.94ppf also using TimeTradeHoursDisabled (first 6 )

and 1.94ppf with all hours allowed.

The first two are trading GBPUSD H1, the third is trading EURUSD H1.

1.94ppf has done nothing yet (it keeps saying ...ho hum) and 1.85f is losing.

I'm thinking of enlisting my wife's PC, and my son's ..... AND my daughter's. 6 PC's running different EAs might produce some interesting results (oh.. and there are 6 more at my wife's work .. but this is getting silly )

Has anybody had experience with the other EAs on offer, or is CyberiaTrader the way to go?

actually I find your feedback encouraging..see if 1.94ppf is saying ho hum and 1.85f is losing then I accomplished my intent when I set out to modify 1.85f keep in mind that 1.94 is euro specific. It was not optomized for other pairs.

actually I'm making all sorts of EA's on my workbench thread...new ideas and new programming challenges...

https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/175614/page2

I'm afraid you have to decide your own way to go...Let me encourage you to keep learning with an open mind and studying. You can always do what I did and when you get tired of seeing it all and can't make any of it work you start learning how to program yourself and modify the codes to see if you can do better. By all means if you discover or create something better let me know ok?

Aaragorn:
keep in mind that 1.94 is euro specific. It was not optomized for other pairs.

That's why I'm running a Euro test as well ... although mainly I was thinking of GBPUSD. When you say optomised, what specifically makes it unsuitable for other pairs?

Aaragorn:
By all means if you discover or create something better let me know ok?

I don't think I'm that clever

Well, I've now got 3 demos running side by side.

1.85f using TimeTradeHoursDisabled ... or at least the first 6 (see my previous post)

1.94ppf also using TimeTradeHoursDisabled (first 6 )

and 1.94ppf with all hours allowed.

The first two are trading GBPUSD H1, the third is trading EURUSD H1.

1.94ppf has done nothing yet (it keeps saying ...ho hum) and 1.85f is losing.

I'm thinking of enlisting my wife's PC, and my son's ..... AND my daughter's. 6 PC's running different EAs might produce some interesting results (oh.. and there are 6 more at my wife's work .. but this is getting silly )

Has anybody had experience with the other EAs on offer, or is CyberiaTrader the way to go?

trend

Hi argon

i am testing the latest version and its good...i also analysed where its loosing trades....one hour time frame is good for opening positions to go up/down....but this needs a filter..which is confirmed by the trend on the 30 min ..if on the 30 min the trend is up i blocksell=true, block buy= false and vise versa....just by doing this havent lost a single trade .

tc

My 1.94ppf did nothing today. Is that the same with you guys?

My 1.85f traded ... but lost again !

Okay guys...

As expected, I got the drawdown today...

Since wednesday, my demo account lost ~ $70;

balance fell from $598 to $520... lol

as in the backtests, it keeps playing on 500-650 for a month at least, until it finally go to another "level" or definitely climb to glory...

The conclusion on 2 weeks so far is: it is ALMOST like backtest, but not really, needs more time for more accurate conclusions...

The comparative results (DEMO vs. Backtest) are attached;

Files:
comparative.rar  19 kb

FutureMillionaire?:
My 1.94ppf did nothing today. Is that the same with you guys? My 1.85f traded ... but lost again !

1.94ppf not playing today could be a good thing... 1.93b just placed 2 trades today... lost both of them... lol

Cyberia Trader

hi

on dec 1 ct opened about 3 trades all in profit(sell). i did a back test and analysed each and evry trade placed by ct since aug as thats how far back the charts on a30 min allow u to go. Anyways i found out and isolated a few variables which the developers here would like to work on

1) Trend should be analysed on a lower time frame as a filter for taking positions on a higher time frame. Dont know how thats possible for the programmers here to do

2) The second reason why ct looses a trade is actually due to the trailing stop. If the market direction is correctly analysed the default 15 pip trailing stop should be raised

2) The system also looses trades when it takes positions at market extremes.

So even if the system accurately analyses the trend at market extreme it wont detect the reversal on a higher time frame

So another variable within should say not to trade between those price levels. Here individual discretion should be used as what u consider as market extreme. Or perhaps use rsi above 60 as the no trade zone and visa versa

Hope that helped

Happy Trading

Latest CT version being used live?

Hello,

Great work, I'm looking forward to contributing to this thread. I have read through most of the thread (all 130 pages). I have a few questions

1. Which version(s) are folks using to trade in a "real live account" and what currency pairs?

2. I could not find a link to download CT v1.98?

3. Has anyone tried using v1.93b and v1.94ppf with other currency pairs.

Reason: