Great EA in backtest! - page 61

bedaine:
What is the best StaticStopLoss for 1.89b ??

StaticStopLoss should be optimized for a period not less than two months evry week or two (from original CT forum).

fikko:
be careful when trading today. It is full of news. Bernanke speaks. I guess many bad trading hours today.

yes. there is a warning on CT site: 'NOTE: manual trading only recomended'

attached a statement for two days live trading with CT v1.89b/c

Files:

kat:

I have optimized the WMA period settings (EURUSD, H1). Because of the complex code and the period of more than 2 years I have tested in steps:

thank You very much kat!

kat:
These results don't match to your backtest. So I have backtestet your ct version (in your first post) and the result (is attached) is very different to yours. I have used Alpari data with a FXDD platform and mini lots (0.1). I don't see any reson why this is so different. However the optimizing shows the effect of the WMA period.

your results are not bad. different from mine indeed. -10% to hit ratio. i don't know what is going on. can someone confirm my results? mt197, interbankfx, data from alpari, testing period 2004.07.01 00:00 - 2006.09.29. maybe i did something wrong :/

Just trying to help

I'm using FXDD, but i am doing a backtest anyway right now. My date starts 2006.03.29, thats as far back as it will allow me to test, but i will post my results...

Maybe this will help you out??

B

YupYup:
I'm using FXDD, but i am doing a backtest anyway right now. My date starts 2006.03.29, thats as far back as it will allow me to test, but i will post my results...

Maybe this will help you out??

thank You YupYup,

yes, it will. it will be (or not) confirmation of kat's backtest. that's also very important. i'm curious why we have so different results, using the same data.

Hope this helps

Here you go Kalamari, these are the inputs that i changed everything is default:

H1 Timeframe

$5,000 Deposit

35 StaticStopLoss

Hope this helps,

B

YupYup:
H1 Timeframe

$5,000 Deposit

35 StaticStopLoss

thanks!,

Your test confirms kat's results. i'll run another test for EURUSD_H1 and check if it's the same as previous of mine.

btw YupYup, You can rightclick on report window and choose 'save it as report' (or sth like that) - MT will generate detailed html report for Your backtest.

Thank you

I didn't know that it can do that. Thank you kalamari i appreciate it, and cannot wait to see your results.

B

i'm running another test for EURUSD_H1. it'll take a couple of hours to complete. it looks the same as the previous one of mine for now.

i've got a request... english is not my native language (as you've probably noticed already and i've got lots of problems using it. is there someone who can ask mt support why mine and kat's results are so different? i'm not able to describe the problem properly.

Reason: