Which EA has the best win/loss ratio? - page 2

furious_angel:
so wouldnt you go with the Ea that does the same thing? so to speak, just like you sited earlier.. the ratio of winners to losers.. i hope this shed a different light on the subject.

I don't know that I wouldn't go with it or rule it out. I would just look for the best return I could get. You asked which I would pick given the choice. I would pick the one with the highest reward ratio. This however doesn't account for the associated risk. There may be another factor in my decisions if I knew more about how the risks differed between the two options.

xxDavidxSxx:
exacty right. You must consintrate on % not $ ammount.

its the draw down % and win/loss ratio that matters over time.

Also...05 had a different trading environment than 06. An ea that makes huge money in 50 won't in 06 and visa versa. But you can find a balance between the 2. If you can ballance an ea between 05-06 to give desirable %ages than you'll have an ea that will survive the test of time.

I belive I have done this with CT and am currently running it on real account.

Find the months with the worst results, make it give no more than a 38.2% draw down and then go back to the best months and make sure it still does good. An ea that will last years won't always give great profits each month. Just need it to limmit a draw down durring bad months.

Dave

I hear you. So you think you've accomplished that with CT? How many EA's have you worked on before you got to this result? Would you post the current version of CT you're using that you are talking about? How do you think CT could be better? Do you know other EA's that are ready to go live with?

Aaragorn:
I hear you. So you think you've accomplished that with CT? How many EA's have you worked on before you got to this result? Would you post the current version of CT you're using that you are talking about? How do you think CT could be better? Do you know other EA's that are ready to go live with?

I am an EA amature. And not a programmer. CT is my first. I'll consider posting my version when I am done with real money forward test. Its a 500$ mini so I don't stand to lose much. I have worked more than 200 hours to get it to produce the %'s I needed to go live with.

I by no means think its better than the one you have producing high% wins.

I got this one to trade conservitivly on 1 hr chart. It is no longer the agressive scalper that the origonal is. It is maintaining a monthly average of 65% wins and no more than 37% drawdowns. The objective for me is to run it all year around for years to come through all market conditions.

Back tests only, across 2 years. 1 month at a time, then 1 year at a time then 2 years streight through. Untill I got no more than 38.2% draw down on worst month.

It not a get rich quick EA. But should give anual returns of 300k+ starting with 5k. Depending on max lots set it could be alot more.

its 50/50 on 4 trades in 3 days so far (real). But it needs to run a month to see if it maintains proper %'s.

Ofcorse a good month will produce 100-200% account increase. with no more than 38% drawdown on a bad month.

my back tests suggest this time of year is best time for it, so I don't want to waist it by forward testing on a demo. plus demo server is different as we all know. It could do great for 3-4 months and then what?....go real in dec/jan....the worst time of the year for trading.

it will run 24/7 and I'll make sure to enter no trade times for all news.

Dave

currently working with e-trailing to see if I can limmit the losses lil more. So if it comes with in 1-2 pips of target s/l will trail to b/e.

edit: also it was impossible to keep it out of every news event on back tests, and waching visuals on back test it looks like news hurt my winning %. I hope it to be better than the above %'s since it will not trade any news at all.

see thread for tips on tweeking it.

xxDavidxSxx:
I am an EA amature. And not a programmer. CT is my first. I'll consider posting my version when I am done with real money forward test. Its a 500$ mini so I don't stand to lose much. I have worked more than 200 hours to get it to produce the %'s I needed to go live with.

I by no means think its better than the one you have producing high% wins.

I got this one to trade conservitivly on 1 hr chart. It is no longer the agressive scalper that the origonal is. It is maintaining a monthly average of 65% wins and no more than 37% drawdowns. The objective for me is to run it all year around for years to come through all market conditions.

Back tests only, across 2 years. 1 month at a time, then 1 year at a time then 2 years streight through. Untill I got no more than 38.2% draw down on worst month.

It not a get rich quick EA. But should give anual returns of 300k+ starting with 5k. Depending on max lots set it could be alot more.

its 50/50 on 4 trades in 3 days so far (real). But it needs to run a month to see if it maintains proper %'s.

Ofcorse a good month will produce 100-200% account increase. with no more than 38% drawdown on a bad month.

my back tests suggest this time of year is best time for it, so I don't want to waist it by forward testing on a demo. plus demo server is different as we all know. It could do great for 3-4 months and then what?....go real in dec/jan....the worst time of the year for trading.

it will run 24/7 and I'll make sure to enter no trade times for all news.

Dave

currently working with e-trailing to see if I can limmit the losses lil more. So if it comes with in 1-2 pips of target s/l will trail to b/e.

edit: also it was impossible to keep it out of every news event on back tests, and waching visuals on back test it looks like news hurt my winning %. I hope it to be better than the above %'s since it will not trade any news at all.

see thread for tips on tweeking it.

Which thread? please link me up...

also a question...

how were the markets so different in 2005 and 2006? What kinds of dynamics make these EA's perform well or not well?

Aaragorn:
Which thread? please link me up...

also a question...

how were the markets so different in 2005 and 2006? What kinds of dynamics make these EA's perform well or not well?

great ea in back test is the thread.

I dunno why markets so different. But the Ct ea took more trades in 05. Had the same win/loss ratio it just took more trades meaning the market met its paramiters more often. Plus in my own trading I had to change my system of trading. I had a 80-90% success rate then suddenly had to come up with a new way to trade this year. I knew my success rate would balance out I knew I couldn't maintain that kind of accuracy for long, nobody does. But running through back test after back test I was glad to find out it wasn't me. Just the markt balancing out. I expect it shift back at some point in time.

Dave

FirebirdV1_c1

I have been using firebird in real and demo account. It has proven to be reliable for three pairs:G/U,U/F,E/U.I have and still testing this ea on different demo from different brokers. It is running live on NF platform with great results.Befor going live with it, I did test it as I metioned on different demo accounts and the results for the pairs mentioned were almost identical/close.Of course you can find this EA in download aria of this froum. I am also testing several others.One other promising is Scalpnet.I will share the results as soon as they are proven accurate.

Ross

Aaragorn:
I would go with ABC because they only lost 1/3 of what they made, whereas XYZ lost 4/5 of what they made.

I see that as ABC winning 66% and XYZ winning 20%.

Several assumptions here...All this is of course assuming that we are comparing apples to apples, meaning that they are both in the same industry group and working from the same basic inputs...or in the case of currencies... the same data over the same date range. So all other things being equal we are only looking at the output variances based on identical inputs, so that we are only measuring the difference in how they perform on the same conditions.

.. yeah, i was just saying that you would want to take many factors into consideration when picking ea's to help you with trading.. i think what most people look at is the bottom line ($$$) .. i think that they fail to really look at what drives that bottom line. in my example above, i was trying to give others that might be viewing this thread a different view on what they should really be looking for.

ross123:
I have been using firebird in real and demo account. It has proven to be reliable for three pairs:G/U,U/F,E/U.I have and still testing this ea on different demo from different brokers. It is running live on NF platform with great results.Befor going live with it, I did test it as I metioned on different demo accounts and the results for the pairs mentioned were almost identical/close.Of course you can find this EA in download aria of this froum. I am also testing several others.One other promising is Scalpnet.I will share the results as soon as they are proven accurate. Ross

Please post the latest version of the EA with your results. I look forward to see them.

furious_angel:
.. yeah, i was just saying that you would want to take many factors into consideration when picking ea's to help you with trading.. i think what most people look at is the bottom line ($$$) .. i think that they fail to really look at what drives that bottom line. in my example above, i was trying to give others that might be viewing this thread a different view on what they should really be looking for.

that is a good thing.

Aaragorn:
Please post the latest version of the EA with your results. I look forward to see them.

Aaragorn,

The latest version and my results you can find in the new firebird thread:

Good luck. let me know if you have any questions.

Ross.

Reason: